Sign in to follow this  
timedance

update 0.36.115535 - disappointing!

Have you actually read the alpha disclaimer? Also Rocket clearly stated that you should not buy DayZ, except you want to actively contribute to the development! To the reports... alot of players here on those forums send in reports via the bugtracker. And to the tweets... dude come on. They often work overtime already. They too have the right to enjoy their free time and have some fun, don't they?

Sometimes I really ask myself, if people use their brain before posting. :rolleyes:

Yes i read'ed and glitch which reported continuously already more than month aint get fixed! And of course they can have they fun ! but Post officially such things and piss people like me by that! why?! there a private chats why do i need to know that?

WHY they dont fight gamebreaking things instead of putting some useless things atm???Wall glitch floor glitch weapon cloning and so on go read bug tracker if u ever been there and check history how many time this and this a reported! Still wanna be fanboy its ok . I can write any negative post whatever i like i dont realy care! Its forum and i putting my opinion about game.

• Like 1

And it will be mentioned a million more times because people dont seem to get it!

That would make sense if you didn't blurt it out in a thread when it's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY AND MAKES NO SENSE!

If he had said something like "why the f*(@ they only put this stuff out and I pay a bunch of money blah blah blah this game sucks" then it would have been slightly appropriate

however he said nothing warranting the "OMG IT'S ALPHA!"

stop it. Please...we're so tired of hearing it

I can tell you also what it will effect. This will force people to hop to annother server/ to a server where sun is shining.

HELLO SERVER-HOPPERS :D

Nah I doubt it will really have a serious effect in that matter. I suspect people will just carry the appropriate gear with them for when it does rain. I don't see this ratcheting up server hopping at all :P

• Like 1

That would make sense if you didn't blurt it out in a thread when it's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY AND MAKES NO SENSE!

If he had said something like "why the f*(@ they only put this stuff out and I pay a bunch of money blah blah blah this game sucks" then it would have been slightly appropriate

however he said nothing warranting the "OMG IT'S ALPHA!"

stop it. Please...we're so tired of hearing it

I'll repeat what I already said.

"Nothing to do with the thread? He said in the title, that the update is disappointing.
That right there shows that he doesn't understand the concept of an Experimental Alpha."

Why do you insist on making yourself look silly?

PS: ok Im done now, lol! :D
Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

As long as it's balanced right in the end that shouldn't be a problem.

There needs to be advantages to the rain along with disadvantages as well, or else you will be right.

It would be nice to have a no "combat logger" and no "weather logger"

So everybody has the same advantages. For example you can not log out from server when it rains - so you have to wait 2min. (for expample) - and also in a firefight(log out only possible after 2min.)

Edited by TiMEDANCE

It would be nice to have a no "combat log" and no "weather log"

So everybody has the same advantages. For example you can not log out from server when it rains - so you have to wait 2min. (for expample) - and also in a firefight(log out only possible after 2min.)

I get what your saying, but there is already a logout timer so I dont think it's necessary to add additional time to rain, and logging out during a fight is already taken care of since you sit down when you log out. But I get where your coming from.

• Like 1

I'll repeat what I already said.

"Nothing to do with the thread? He said in the title, that the update is disappointing.
That right there shows that he doesn't understand the concept of an Experimental Alpha."

Why do you insist on making yourself look silly?

PS: ok Im done now, lol! :D

How does that mean he doesn't understand the concept of alpha? When you think about it, it is understandable that someone can be disappointed by the content coming out in this patch vs last patches. The last patches were pretty substantial in their content in many ways. I don't misunderstand how someone can think that it is a disappointment. I personally am disappointed by this patch as it is missing a lot of things I was hoping they would have fixed by now. I am also, at the same time, aware that this game is in alpha and we are testers. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop playing or ask for my money back. I'm human, and I have things I want and when I don't get them, I can be disappointed. I'm glad they've done some of the things they did for this next patch, but I was hoping for some more dynamic, technical, and practical fixes to the game. 

It's a matter of personal preference, not a matter of not understanding whether or not a game is in alpha. So i would respectfully ask please, cut it out with the "ALPHER" nonsense when it isn't warranted

*drops mic*

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

How does that mean he doesn't understand the concept of alpha? When you think about it, it is understandable that someone can be disappointed by the content coming out in this patch vs last patches. The last patches were pretty substantial in their content in many ways. I don't misunderstand how someone can think that it is a disappointment. I personally am disappointed by this patch as it is missing a lot of things I was hoping they would have fixed by now. I am also, at the same time, aware that this game is in alpha and we are testers. That doesn't mean I'm gonna stop playing or ask for my money back. I'm human, and I have things I want and when I don't get them, I can be disappointed. I'm glad they've done some of the things they did for this next patch, but I was hoping for some more dynamic, technical, and practical fixes to the game. 

It's a matter of personal preference, not a matter of not understanding whether or not a game is in alpha. So i would respectfully ask please, cut it out with the "ALPHER" nonsense when it isn't warranted

*drops mic*

TL:Dont care :D

I already said I was done.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Same disappointed by this update too... Such speed of developing gonna take 5 years alpha gogogogo

WE NOT TESTERS !!! We supported $$$ early to develop game! If we there tester we should get paid and do proper bug/glitch/exploit or whatever reports. Now i guess only 10% community report bugs other just trololo forums, crying often like me and just playing game as it is.

Im pissed off than i see dev's tweets about how they gonna play "banished" or other games whatever trust getting lower and lower 

LOVE WALL GLITCH HELL YEAH!

Yes i read'ed and glitch which reported continuously already more than month aint get fixed! And of course they can have they fun ! but Post officially such things and piss people like me by that! why?! there a private chats why do i need to know that?

WHY they dont fight gamebreaking things instead of putting some useless things atm???Wall glitch floor glitch weapon cloning and so on go read bug tracker if u ever been there and check history how many time this and this a reported! Still wanna be fanboy its ok . I can write any negative post whatever i like i dont realy care! Its forum and i putting my opinion about game.

Now that's what I call I good troll attempt. Annoying as fuck, even with a nice fake accent and also showing a good mixture of stubborness and aggressivity while ignoring correct posts. 8/10 Trollpoints. -2, because it's too obvious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@DeathTax: Would you be so kind and not be that toxic as soon as anyone says the word Alpha? I know it's overused. I know, people SHOULD know that it is an alpha. But really, I got the feeling, that you feel personally attacked as soon as somebody says that word. Alpha, you know? ;) And where is the bitchslapping batman? Hm?

@OP: Solangst net krank wirst issas eh wurst obst nass wirst im regn und ka feuer machn kannst. Oiso lax bleim, bier trinken, changelog ab und an checkn und schifoan schaun, a wenns beim olympia net grad vü reissn im moment :)

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Now that's what I call I good troll attempt. Annoying as fuck, even with a nice fake accent and also showing a good mixture of stubborness and aggressivity while ignoring correct posts. 8/10 Trollpoints. -2, because it's too obvious.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@DeathTax: Would you be so kind and not be that toxic as soon as anyone says the word Alpha? I know it's overused. I know, people SHOULD know that it is an alpha. But really, I got the feeling, that you feel personally attacked as soon as somebody says that word. Alpha, you know? ;) And where is the bitchslapping batman? Hm?

@OP: Solangst net krank wirst issas eh wurst obst nass wirst im regn und ka feuer machnkannst. Oisa lax bleim, bier trinken :)

Mau, woher kummstn ha? :D

Ha my whole point is that i don't mind it so much when it's actually warranted, but I didn't feel like it had anything to do with OP's thread at all xD lol. 

and sorry, i'll edit the post for more batman :P

Jawui! Steiermark, bei Graz bin i daham und ia? Leck fettn oida he, samma scho 6 österreicha im forum, hätt i ma nie docht. Des is ja boid mehr ois de russn! ;) Ob ma daun a unsan eiganes Sub kriagn wo uns kana vasteht? ;)

Aba vielleicht suit ma den oundan troll, den arturkanx, amoi zagn wo da bartl in most huit, wos mants?

Edit: Sakra, schraim konn i heit a net ^^

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

Jawui! Steiermark, bei Graz bin i daham und ia? Leck fettn oida he, samam scho 6 österreicha im forum, hätt i ma nie docht. Des is ja boid mehr ois de russn! ;) Ob ma daun a unsan eiganes Sub kriagn wo uns kana vasteht? ;)

Aba vielleicht suit ma den oundan troll, den arturkanx, amoi zagn wo da bartl in most huit, wos mants?

Burgenland - Neusiedler See

soboid i a Lagerfeuer mochn kaun und a Wüdsau schiaßn kaun, lod i eich auf a grillte Sauhaxn ei...  :D

Edited by TiMEDANCE
  • Like 1

Now isnt the rain (which is not the only thing in this patch by the notes) merely a first step towards the planned health system ?? they say getting cold and wet will burn more energy so you will need to eat more food( no biggie till food gets rare) but also increase your chances of getting sick.

I doubt though the health side of it will come in till they have tested both sides of the mechanic (rain for getting you wet) and fire and or other methods for drying yourself keeping warm. ID say its baby steps toward a larger goal???

We all want more but hey i guess it takes time to get deep usefull game mechanics in but that would be a guess i am no game developer but hey games usually take years unless there cookie cutter games( cough cough COD every year)

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

I always wondered why company's dont do the alpha/beta thing as much as they used to anymore (AAA titles  BEtA is NOT a BETA 100% of the time last 5 years).

But the more of these posts i see, the more i understand it... It's Alpha m8! everything is done in babysteps. And the pace at wich new content AND fixes AND changes to existing content is comming out is very impressive for a team this small and a game this big.

And as for the "we are not testers" argument, you got the game cheap in early acces, so you DID get compensated for your testing work. and YES, we are testers. Untill the game hits at least Beta, you can log in, find bugs, report them (after checking if they have not been reported already ofcourse!!!) and if you have a good time while doing that, its a bonus. We are entitled to nothing, and honestly IMO the devs already created a product that works better then most alpha's i've been a part of in my life. (as in 20 years ago, when an alpha could quite litteraly ruin your PC)

EDIT: And yes, realisticly it will probably be 1-2 years of development before the game is ready for a decent Beta test and release, and it will still contain lots of bugs and issues then and MAYBE 5 years from now, it will be stable and not being updated/changed so often anymore. If you cannot handle crappy builds, bugs, performace issues, exploits and other shananigans, then just check back in after 2 years for a more polished product m8. 

Edit2; for the OP:

It's actualy Brashness to complain about a feature that does nothing... AFAIK, it makes you wet/soaked. but being wet/soaked doesn't do anything (yet) so it's just to test if you actualy get wet/soaked from being in the rain.... Next stepp will be, do you dry up from fire, being inside etc, The NEXT step is to assign symptoms to these statussus, (like shaking, coughing whatever when wet/soaked, healing again from vitamins, and drying @ a fire place... Or something else but you get my point...).BABYSTEPS!!!

Edited by ThaMac
  • Like 1

So you are playing the experimental branch of an alpha game, and complaining about unfinished features?

Cool story bro.

• Like 1

Now isnt the rain (which is not the only thing in this patch by the notes) merely a first step towards the planned health system ?? they say getting cold and wet will burn more energy so you will need to eat more food( no biggie till food gets rare) but also increase your chances of getting sick.

I doubt though the health side of it will come in till they have tested both sides of the mechanic (rain for getting you wet) and fire and or other methods for drying yourself keeping warm. ID say its baby steps toward a larger goal???

We all want more but hey i guess it takes time to get deep usefull game mechanics in but that would be a guess i am no game developer but hey games usually take years unless there cookie cutter games( cough cough COD every year)

The higher energy used and the scarcity of food also ties nicely into hunting and cooking.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

@ DeathTax: Ah there is the batman. *throws beans for batman not for content* ;)

@SoulFirez: We could welcome you to our club and continue in our language, since we are from austria and your home continent is so often mistaken for our hometstae that we even got shirts that say "No kangoroos in austria"....but i fear you won't understand the nice austrian version of german.

With that being said: Yes, as rocket stated rain will make you sick (in internal servers it already does affect your health as he twittered). And the whole health/medic system is going to be overhauled, the start of it can already be seen (broken arms, defib not on unconscious people, check pulse etc.)

And yeah, you're right, i think it's gonna be implemented in that order: Rain: Makes you wet, damp clothes, you get cold etc. -> fire: dries clothes, makes you warm -> being wet/wear damp clothes/being cold longer: makes you sick

Edit: And what FatboyTim said^^

@Zeittänza:Na immahin, a nachbar :) Und auf die sauhaxn gfrei i mi scho ^^ I brings bier mit! Muass nur gnua Kvass findn jetzand...

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 2

People who aren't happy with this update need to realize that everything that you think is "useless" is like another brick in the building they are creating called DayZ. You can't just build the foundation then decided you want the roof first before you make the floors underneath it. Simmer down & stop crying. Take a few weeks off the game & come back for another update. Things can only get better people!

• Like 1

I really like the update, especially the wetness etc.

That baby is going to change how we play BIGTIME. 

It doesn't do anything yet and we don't have fire to dry off, but I can totally see why they are introducing it in baby steps, as it will totally change the game and needs to be done right.

• Like 2

after this rain-thing, we have 80% rain on each server. Its unrealistic. I know, in the beginning everybody called out, "where is rain?.. I want rain.. so beautiful rain... " - but now thats too much of the rain. This is not the rainforest of brazil :rolleyes:

Autumns can be rainy as hell in Chernarus and similar climates.

Plus on the experimental hive we are even more subject to random testing than the stable crowd. The amount of random restarts yesterday made me smile; given that in all the restarts all the information is processed for bug hunting, code optimization and everything else the devs need to make the experience better to everyone.

I really like the update, especially the wetness etc.

That baby is going to change how we play BIGTIME. 

It doesn't do anything yet and we don't have fire to dry off, but I can totally see why they are introducing it in baby steps, as it will totally change the game and needs to be done right.

Well said!

But I did hear that the rain ruins cloths after a long time?

But that was just a post on Reddit, so...not necessarily true.

What I really would like to see a "ring out" option when a piece of clothing gets wet.

Just take off the piece of clothing, right click on it, and "ring out" would be an option.

Would bring it back to "damp" and that would make it a lot easier to get dry after getting to shelter.

Weapons getting a "rusty" progression up to Ruined IF you don't clean them regularly ;)

I can see that coming.