Sign in to follow this  
jamiereid_wow@hotmail.co.uk

Hiding Bodies Mechanic Is Currently Very Unrealistic

I'll get to the point, we've all been there, been killed and returned to the location of our corpse only to find it is no longer there. Now I know a corpse only hangs around for 10 minutes now, which I think is very unfair and it should remain until server restart; but that is not my point.

My problem with the current hide body mechanic is that all a player has to do to hide a body is click the said highlighted option, and all is done and taken care of in seconds. Normally in reality, I imagine this would involve digging a hole in the ground, placing the corpse inside, and refilling the hole back up with dirt. Considering Dayz SA aims to be a simulation in many ways, shouldn't there be a time penalty involved with burying/hiding a corpse?  Why the last time I buried someone in the desert in took me a good 25-30 minutes due to the tough dense terrain, luckily those mobsters haven't found me yet.

My real point I guess is it can seem unfair to myself and many other players to have NO chance off getting your gear back, even though the SA seems to be going that way (I don't understand why). It can be diminishing enough to die and respawn at the same 2-3 damn location's along a barren coast (that has already been clean picked within the first 10-15 minutes of a server restart I might add) and know you have no chance of getting your gear back, especially when your death was the result of an attack you could not have anticipated, and thus you learned nothing from your death. A big no-no in gaming in my book btw.

So if a player chooses to hide a corpse, surely a realistic set amount of time must be attributed to completed this action, anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute, although realistically this would take much longer. Shouldn't a player who choose to hide/bury a body risk a little exposure for this action as a consequence? It seems unfair to have no penalty enforced upon this action after we spend so much time searching the landscape, taking risks frequently for items and in all honesty a little bit of hope is put in by each player too; only to have the fate of your hard-work put into the hands of someone who perhaps has no right to decide it; let alone remove the final piece's of your existence in a mere second.

It's also a slap in the face to anyone hoping to get revenge on their killer, that's just impossible to do now unless you have a group.

Alternatively consider removing the hide body mechanic all together, and let the 10 minute mechanic, or perhaps something a little longer do its work.

Perhaps even a little mound of freshly dug dirt could be displayed, so a lucky player who found it could spend the time (same as above) to excavate a body to find some useful items; or his/her own death due to the mound being used as a trap to lure players to keep them in 1 spot for a short period of time. Although if bodies continue to disappear in 10 minutes or similar, this secondary excavation idea is useless. 

Edited by Chiefo69
  • Like 1

I'd like an option to be able to drag bodies to hide them instead of them sinking in the ground. This way, this could be an opportunity to move the bodies to a different location to lure zombies to a certain area once it's detected or hidden from other survivors.

• Like 1

Why the last time I buried someone in the desert in took me a good 25-30 minutes due to the tough dense terrain, luckily those mobsters haven't found me yet.

Classic.
  • Like 1

I'd like an option to be able to drag bodies to hide them instead of them sinking in the ground. This way, this could be an opportunity to move the bodies to a different location to lure zombies to a certain area once it's detected or hidden from other survivors.

Competently agree!

I dont think a body should magically vanish until it is hidden from sight, like in a bush, under water, in the trunk of a car, things like that.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 1

Burying them is overkill. To be able to drag bodies on the other hand is a must. Not only to hide the body, but also to loot it more safely.

• Like 1