JustYouForget

Simple Click actions.

Can we get rid of the Click menu please?

If I click to open a door I do not need to be reconfirmed "Open door?" 

This is the only game that had the "Dos game mode" Enabled lol.

Want to pick up this Can of food.. Naw.. why else would I click it..  LOL

Just a thought.

Dean has talked about removing the scroll menu.

Personally I like the idea of it, just would like to see it tweaked, not removed.

No reloading,or door opening through the scroll menu.

This video is about Arma III but applies to DayZ all the same.

I totally agree that the scroll menu is a bit clunky.

But in order to change it they need a suggestion that works better while providing all the same functionality. The only thing I can think of that comes close is a dynamic usage key. Simply check what is in the player's hand and what the player is looking at then determine what the action should be.

If you have a water bottle out and are not looking at anything it should drink it. If you have a water bottle out and are looking at a water source it should fill the bottle. etc.

I totally agree that the scroll menu is a bit clunky.

But in order to change it they need a suggestion that works better while providing all the same functionality. The only thing I can think of that comes close is a dynamic usage key. Simply check what is in the player's hand and what the player is looking at then determine what the action should be.

If you have a water bottle out and are not looking at anything it should drink it. If you have a water bottle out and are looking at a water source it should fill the bottle. etc.

That's exactly how the mouse wheel click behaves. Stand in front of a door -> click it -> door open. Look at a Pipsi -> click it -> drink when rucksack is full / put in rucksack when slots available. ;)

That's exactly how the mouse wheel click behaves. Stand in front of a door -> click it -> door open. Look at a Pipsi -> click it -> drink when rucksack is full / put in rucksack when slots available. ;)

As in you click the mouse wheel? I have not tried this.

I know pressing F doesn't default to the expected action very often. Like having a water bottle out and looking at a water source drinks from the water source instead of filling the bottle. In fact, it doesn't matter what you are doing/holding, looking at a water source and pressing F always defaults to drinking form the water source. I think they could be smarter about this and take into account what you are holding.