Sign in to follow this  
Sherlock O.

DayZ SA Quality Upgrade

Hello my brothers! I am looking to upgrade my PC for various things, one of them being DayZ.

Alot of my settings are set to low including the quality of the 3D rendering. Because of this, I can't see details at great distance, making my profession as a sniper difficult (Even though I've never missed a shot ;)).

Now I have a HP Pavilion p6213w with an upgraded card, and according to can you run it, I can run minimum, which in DayZ means "Rot in a Hole"

Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60 GHz

6 GB of RAM

64-bit OS

AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB

Help would be appreciated! In terms of budget, I can't afford anything past $400, so be gentle with me :)

-Sherlock

Edited by Sherlock O.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/154330-possible-fps-enhancer/

Your settings dont look to bad actually. A little tweeking would go a long way. The upcoming patch will also grab you around 10fps just from optimizations. I run the game on decently high settings and it doesnt look much different. If you are worried about the blurr thats either post processing showing you your health, or your resolution is mismatched :) Probably your health as your icons are sharp.

If you are specifically worried about dayz stick around intel processors and nvidia graphics as that seems to be what they are optomising first. However know that there are some with slick systems that for one reason or another are only pulling 10 fps. It iwll improve as the alpha progresses. 

Edit: Your biggest problem seems to be your processor. And if you need to upgrade that its by itself around 200 dollars but you will most likely need a mobo for 100 at that time, and than i believe a new copy of windows for another 100. That would be your budget :) However make sure you have a friend help you if you go this rout. It gets complicated very fast.

Edited by Judopunch

So the Gameboy-Version just released?!

I just can recommend a graphics-optimization-guide and a up to date CPU. I don't know the socket of this one though, so I can't say, i you need a new motherboard for it. 

My computer is a pretty decent gaming rig:

AMD 3.6 quad core.
GTX 770
16GB RAM
Win 7 64

and no matter what I do I can't pull more than about 35fps max unless I drop the settings to lowest. By comparison other games such as BF4 run at a consistent 60 on the highest settings without an issue. Just waiting on optimisations. It's an Alpha so I can understand why it's like that.

So the Gameboy-Version just released?!

I just can recommend a graphics-optimization-guide and a up to date CPU. I don't know the socket of this one though, so I can't say, i you need a new motherboard for it. 

And at that point, I think he should consider saving up for a couple months, and spend about $900 on something really nice.

If you are specifically worried about dayz stick around intel processors and nvidia graphics as that seems to be what they are optomising first. However know that there are some with slick systems that for one reason or another are only pulling 10 fps. It iwll improve as the alpha progresses. 

What Graphics card would you recommend? What about the Sapphire Radeon HD 7770?

I am new to PC upgrading, what do I need to do to upgrade the processor and motherboard? What about the 

MSI Socket FM2/AMD A75/DDR3/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard FM2-A75MA-E35?

My computer is a pretty decent gaming rig:

AMD 3.6 quad core.

GTX 770

16GB RAM

Win 7 64

and no matter what I do I can't pull more than about 35fps max unless I drop the settings to lowest. By comparison other games such as BF4 run at a consistent 60 on the highest settings without an issue. Just waiting on optimisations. It's an Alpha so I can understand why it's like that.

16GB is a nice to have, but a little overpowered for gaming. 

What Graphics card would you recommend? What about the Sapphire Radeon HD 7770?

I am new to PC upgrading, what do I need to do to upgrade the processor and motherboard? What about the 

MSI Socket FM2/AMD A75/DDR3/SATA3&USB3.0/A&GbE/MicroATX Motherboard FM2-A75MA-E35?

Just buy mine so I can build a new one. Computer specifications are in my signature. (;

I pull 35+ in cities and up to 100+ in the forest.

How much we talking?

fcae4283a9fd45029c8a1162314c4d5773a8e366

No, but seriously, I think with the system you linked you're better off starting fresh. I can help you decide on components if you decide to go that route. Just PM me. <3

16GB is a nice to have, but a little overpowered for gaming. 

Future proofing ;)

Plus who says I only use it for gaming?

Go to here - http://pcpartpicker.com/

You can make your entire build and order it here. It depends on if you want to put it together yourself or not. It will be cheaper if you do, but obviously a bit harder if you don't have the experience. 

There's heaps of forums where people will be willing to help you with every step of the journey though.

Future proofing ;)

Plus who says I only use it for gaming?

This. I have 32GB for video editing. It's crazy that people use their computers for things besides gaming, right? Right?!

This. I have 32GB for video editing. It's crazy that people use their computers for things besides gaming, right? Right?!

Agreed, but I had no idea 32GB even EXISTED! Sounds expensive...

Agreed, but I had no idea 32GB even EXISTED! Sounds expensive...

Depends on what you class as expensive. I paid just shy of AU$200 for my 16GB kit. I thought that was a reasonable price.

You don't need that for gaming though. Gaming you need 8GB of (minimum) 1600mhz RAM. 2400 is better if your gear supports it.

Edited by Nicko2580

You don't need that for gaming though. Gaming you need 8GB of (minimum) 1600mhz RAM. 2400 is better if your gear supports it.

Will 6GB cut it for now? I am an aspiring filmmaker, but I am upgrading the PC "around" DayZ if you get my meaning

Will 6GB cut it for now? I am an aspiring filmmaker, but I am upgrading the PC "around" DayZ if you get my meaning

It will, but it will bottleneck your performance. It depends on what frequency it runs on. Probably around 800mhz if it's older RAM. 

Download a program called CPU-Z - it will give you a full readout of your PC specs. Then you know exactly what you have to do.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Edit: Pity you live in the US. I still have all my old RAM and GPU from before I rebuilt my PC. 8GB of Kingston 1600 and a GTX 650. :p

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 1

Hi OP.

I'm not particularly familiar with American PC pricing, but with a budget of $400, I would suggest looking for a used system. Lots of power-users tend to completely replace their systems one or more times per year, and sell their year-old system at bargain prices. Year-old systems that have nothing wrong, except the cpu, chipset and peripherals aren't the newest shiny thing on the market.

Won't hurt to take a look, you just might be surprised at what you can find.

Regards.

Edited by Romeo Foxtrot

Pity you live in the US. I still have all my old RAM and GPU from before I rebuilt my PC. 8GB of Kingston 1600 and a GTX 650. :P

Lets go outback tonight

Lets go outback tonight

Aren't you at least gonna buy me dinner first? :p

Edited by Nicko2580
  • Like 1