Sign in to follow this  
Tots not a bandi

Wait time

When people lag out of a server they should not have to wait the 5 minutes or such to be able to play again. Comment if this happened to you and like if you agree.

When people lag out of a server they should not have to wait the 5 minutes or such to be able to play again. Comment if this happened to you and like if you agree.

Small price to pay to slow down and annoy server hoppers. Sure it doesn't stop them but 12 hops means an hour they aren't stealing loot from legitimate players.

It's in place for a reason, not just to annoy you. It's to discourage people jumping between servers all the time looking for a server with loot. 

While I agree something needs to be done about server hopping, I believe that there could be a better solution or at least improvements to the current system. One idea I have heard and agreed with is to remove the time when logging into the server you just left. You could not have joined any other server to do this, so moving your character if they are in danger would not be possible. Also it would prevent people server hopping still as they can't loot the same place they looted minutes before except after a restart of course.

I personally think the current system should be removed but not permenatly. At the moment character wipes do happen fairly often so server hopping while annoying really does not affect the game overall. Once a feature is introduced which would give server hoppers too much advantage like persistent containers or vehicles then it should be reintroduced.

While I have no problem with the current system I am sure there could be a better way to deal with it or at least improvements made.

While I agree something needs to be done about server hopping, I believe that there could be a better solution or at least improvements to the current system. One idea I have heard and agreed with is to remove the time when logging into the server you just left. You could not have joined any other server to do this, so moving your character if they are in danger would not be possible. Also it would prevent people server hopping still as they can't loot the same place they looted minutes before except after a restart of course.

I personally think the current system should be removed but not permenatly. At the moment character wipes do happen fairly often so server hopping while annoying really does not affect the game overall. Once a feature is introduced which would give server hoppers too much advantage like persistent containers or vehicles then it should be reintroduced.

While I have no problem with the current system I am sure there could be a better way to deal with it or at least improvements made.

I assume they need to have it in place early because any changes they make will potentially effect the way the hive behaves. It needs to be there so they can bug fix it. 

The only way they'll ever stop it is by locking each character to a server. You could have multiple characters, but you couldn't move them between servers.

don´t care about the time, whatever stops the server hoppers 

• Like 1