Sign in to follow this  
lochinator

My Charakter was deleted

It's a bug but I don't know how to put it in the bug area...

I played today with a friend and had really good equipment .... then the server got laggy and we disconnected. After I reconnected, my character was gone and I spawned at the coast. This sucks!!

Though, my friend could join with his character in tact.

Please fix character random deletion. 

that can happen, or maybe you got killed during the logout timer.

The old adage springs to mind, "don't get attached to your gear in Dayz, because you're going to lose it".  That goes double for a buggy early alpha.

I'd be surprised if this isn't already logged as a bug, you could search for it, I've known about it since the alpha launched and I last saw it happen to a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago.

I played today with a friend and had really good equipment .... then the server got laggy and we disconnected. After I reconnected, my character was gone and I spawned at the coast. This sucks!!

1. Character "deletion" is not a bug, it's a server-side issue.

2. If you spawn as a fresh spawn without dying, then immediately log out and log back on another server.

3. Where did you log out? You could've been found by another player and killed for loot.

Also, wrong place to post this. Use the bug tracker.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Nah, no chance he was killed by another (neither by me) player.

We (i´m his buddy he played with) were struggeling to cross the field because of serious lag. So we decided to log off (he was behind me). 

After joining another server I was still sitting in the open field without any cover and he was gone ^^

btw: we logged out east of NWA

Edited by cmdbanani

Had something similar happen to me tonight. I was way inlands, close to Lopatino (this is next to the NWAF), it aint a spwnspot right? Server that I always play on resets, it does every 3-4 hours. I log back in, im totally naked, no pants, no shirt, no flashlight etc at the exact location where server restarted. So I've ben logging off, restarting etc, still same Issue. And yeah, I'm still hydrated/energized/healthy as I was last time and I got everythig left on my toobal, except i dont own these items again.

But I guess shit happens and I have to start from 0, except this time I got nothing. Not even shoes! :(

Had something similar happen to me tonight. I was way inlands, close to Lopatino (this is next to the NWAF), it aint a spwnspot right? Server that I always play on resets, it does every 3-4 hours. I log back in, im totally naked, no pants, no shirt, no flashlight etc at the exact location where server restarted. So I've ben logging off, restarting etc, still same Issue. And yeah, I'm still hydrated/energized/healthy as I was last time and I got everythig left on my toobal, except i dont own these items again.

But I guess shit happens and I have to start from 0, except this time I got nothing. Not even shoes! :(

Novi Sober is a spawn spot. Not a clue why, but i think its a glitch.

There is no need to add another bug report on this issue. Legitimate character deletions have happened. In your case however, you were probably playing on a server that wasn't connected to the hive. When you switched back to the public hive, bam, you're a fresh spawn. If you manage to find the server you switched from you would find your character alive still, but he is stuck on that server. Always make sure you are playing on the same hive. Every time you log out and back in you should be in the same place. If you are not in the same place, you have found a server that is disconnected from the hive. Verifying that a server is public hive can be a painstaking process now with the log out/in timer, but its worth the time, because if you invest hours on a disconnected hive you will waste a lot more. Add a bunch of servers you are certain are public hive to your favorites and play only on those servers. That way you will only lose your character when real character wipes happen. These happen to everyone at once, so you won't be the only one. 

Edited by Solopopo

that can happen, or maybe you got killed during the logout timer.

The old adage springs to mind, "don't get attached to your gear in Dayz, because you're going to lose it".  That goes double for a buggy early alpha.

I'd be surprised if this isn't already logged as a bug, you could search for it, I've known about it since the alpha launched and I last saw it happen to a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago.

lolwut

Novi Sober is a spawn spot. Not a clue why, but i think its a glitch.

Well this time it wasnt close to Novi, I know where that is.

Well problem is, I cant suicide. nothing kills my character so from what I see. I cant loot stuff. I dont own a single item. First I thought someone hacked on the server, stole all my stuff etc, but now this is just stupid. I dont loose any of my status. So basically I cant do anything. Awesome! I guess I will be back in  6 months :(

There is no need to add another bug report on this issue. Legitimate character deletions have happened. In your case however, you were probably playing on a server that wasn't connected to the hive. When you switched back to the public hive, bam, you're a fresh spawn. 

thank you for your reply, but we are experienced dayz players and we know the difference between private hives and official hives.

and when he was wiped and spawned at the coast, i was still in the same spot we logged out.

happend in the mod as well ^^

There was a problem an hour ago or so with London based servers ... I got reset too. No matter, rekitted pretty well in less than 1h with help of a buddy.

Game is still in an alpha state, so you'll have to expect these sorts of character deletions as bugs are fixed and mechanics are changed.

There was a problem an hour ago or so with London based servers ... I got reset too. No matter, rekitted pretty well in less than 1h with help of a buddy.

did everyone reset on london based servers? because i didn´t (if i was playing on)

thank you for your reply, but we are experienced dayz players and we know the difference between private hives and official hives.

and when he was wiped and spawned at the coast, i was still in the same spot we logged out.

happend in the mod as well ^^

I haven't experienced a character wipe since the last patch. I'm sure it can still happen though. That's unfortunate. 

did everyone reset on london based servers? because i didn´t (if i was playing on)

Unsure if linked but happened at same time as a massive servers restart

Many guys today were wiped, see steam forum. My char got wiped also today.

My char was really oooold. I love it, I were not killed and now I can start again a new char... and get the feeling how it feels to gear up in this patch. lol :P

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175187-%E2%80%8Bserver-unable-to-connect-to-hive/

Edited by NoCheats

My day has been terrible on Day Z but I know its an Alpha so I laugh about it:

1st death - server lagged me threw a 2nd story wall and to my death.

2nd death - same server broke my legs trying to recover my loot, got to a hospital with a friend, logged, logged back in, dead (server ate me).

3rd death - back to berezino, geared up, server was going to hell, got d/c'd, came back a bambi on beach.

4th death - ran to meet a friend who had food, a bambi followed, stole a friends gun, killed me then friend killed him.

Only thing that went my way today was spawning near berezino 3 times and 1 time near Kamy.

Is Charakter a pokemon?

lol, now i recognize it :-D we are germanZ and he was very drunk. sorry about that..

an awesome comment!