WoogieBoogie

Is that fps normal for that rig ?

Hey guys,

Well I wonder if that fps i'm gaining is normal for my rig ? When it's not, what should I do for better fps, I've tried all the ingame settings and changed a bit in cfg too. So my fps in citys is about 20-30. Outside city it's maximum is 50 AND THAT I got when i put the object rendering distance to 100 m. So what do you think I should do with the game or rig ?

RIG:

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 760K Black edition

GPU: Gygabite geforce GTX 660 OC 2GB

RAM: 4GB 1600MhZ ( Should I upgrade to 8GB ? )

HDD: Western blue 7600 rpm, 1TB

Can't give the motherboard's name right now, but if nessecery I can put it here a little bit later.

Edited by WoogieBoogie

I've found that my system seems to run worse with the Standalone compared to the Mod, and given that this was supposed to be beter optimized.

I would assume because the game is not polished it still isn't near good fps, just wait bro :)

The name of the motherboard doesn't matter, your monitor's resolution is crucial though.

• Like 1

this was a fix for the memory leak 
not a performance boost

The name of the motherboard doesn't matter, your monitor's resolution is crucial though.

+1

At 1080p and with good IQ settings the game is quite hard on the GPU/CPU. 

this was a fix for the memory leak 

not a performance boost

This hotfix is aimed

at fixing a GPU memory leak, that a large amount of players were experiencing. This was causing low framerate and crashing for some players.

And that's the problem, we do not have constantly low FPS it drops in towns. 

Woogie, your CPU is the bottleneck. You need a new CPU which also means you are probably going to need a new motherboard and maybe a new psu, depending on what cpu you decide to buy. Your graphics card is good, but I'd get better RAM. I assume you have DDR2 ram? You need to get 8gb ddr3 or 4gb ddr3 if you really don't have the money for it. 

Also lag in the city is normal, expect lag even if you do upgrade your pc unless you are planning to spend 2000+ on a gaming rig. 

Edited by jackthedog
  • Like 1

Tell me if I'm wrong but , does the higher rendering options take more RAM too, reccommended is 4GB as I have, but with the windows already running and everything isn't it too fee to have ?

Woogie, your CPU is the bottleneck. You need a new CPU which also means you are probably going to need a new motherboard and maybe a new psu, depending on what cpu you decide to buy. Your graphics card is good, but I'd get better RAM. I assume you have DDR2 ram? You need to get 8gb ddr3 or 4gb ddr3 if you really don't have the money for it. 

Also lag in the city is normal, expect lag even if you do upgrade your pc unless you are planning to spend 2000+ on a gaming rig.

If you mean 2000 dollars than no, I have a rig that's around $1900 (not including monitors) and I still get FPS drops.

The reason for FPS even on powerful rigs is that any game at an alpha stage will have little no no optimization so no matter what rig you have it will drop FPS.

Edited by General Zod

Nah it is just bad optimized i got i5, gtx 660m 8gb of ram, and i cant run the game even on "normal" settings with all analiasing off. i got shadows and clouds off and still i got <25fps in towns. (netiher on my 23" monitor nor on 15" laptop monitor)

Edited by mpm470

Yo guys, I dont understand IT stuff much but could you help me. My rig is decent, runs all the new games on highest settings. DayZ though, runs very bad in the cities - FPS drops below 20. Its unplayable.

AMD FX 8320 eight core

8gb RAM

Radeon R9 280x 4gb

win7 64-bit

I assume it's normal? Or my rig need new drivers or something?