Sign in to follow this  
thelonelyone

The SOLUTION for KOS!

So I got an idea! I won't play anymore!

Bye. Close the door on your way out, ta.

Personally I don't get this myself. You say you'll wait for Beta, but then you miss the fun and excitement of new things being added! And also won't know your way around things that have been implemented between Alpha and beta stages! Just think of the fun you could have when it gets to beta, all these new players join and you know where to get gear, how to fix/build this or that and what not?

Now don't get me wrong, the KoS thing is annoying, I'm currently taking tomorrow off from DayZ because of being killed multiple time, on multiple servers by snipers, as a bambi. I'm only doing this so the game don't piss me off that I don't wanna play. Come the next day though? I'll be back on. Just gotta take it in your stride, and learn from your mistakes. (On a side note, me saying I'll take a day off sounds cheap after what I said, but when I say killed as a bambi, I mean I hadn't even got far enough to enter my first building on that spawn before being shot)

^^ This.

There is always someone who is a better player than you. Vigilance, intelligence and experience are the main weapons you carry. Things that fire bullets are secondary defence.

Just to reinforce this, things that fire bullets are for when you screw up.

Aside from testing guns a bit and having fun with zombies on empty servers Ive fired less than 20 rounds in dayz. Why? Because I have gotten good at having very few screw ups.

While KOS is a bit lame you only get KOSed when you screw up and let someone see you without full control of the situation.

Edited by Franchi

It all comes down to zombies. Lots and lots of zombies.

Most people here that play this game really only have the understanding of it as far as the mod got. To that end we simply wound up shooting at each other because hey, the zombies weren't a real threat.

But there will come a time and the development of this game when firing a gun in a city Will probably mean the death of you. Because you're going to be swamped with zombies once they hear your gun's report.

Right now the game is in alpha. It is a test to see how things function and perform. "Gameplay" right now is nothing more than a glorified shopping spree/scavenger hunt. And that's fine. As Dischord points out, that can be rather dull.

I personally like seeing how the game develops, how the controls expand, exploring the map. And I generally play on a server with the low population count so I can see everything and get used to playing with my inventory.

I think you should continue 'playing', Dischord. Just to see how things develop, to learn the map, etc. Think of it as being a little kid playing on the field of plain green grass. You can be there when the bases get put down, the diamond painted and the mound is groomed!

Right now the game is in alpha.

I don't mean to sound like a dick...but can we just go ONE thread without having some "alfer" the damn thing? Seriously, I think by now everyone knows :/

TLDR what happened? Bullet point it for me, these KOS threads are draining to read

Some people still think there's a way to stop KoSing....

Actually it's not a "real" KoS thread, because, at least, the others "How to stop KoS" etc. threads try to make a discussion (or stuff their opinion down every other players throat), while this one...well is a long way to say "I dont want to play with you anymore, until you stop being mean to me".

Sure, everybody has the absolute right to play however he/she wants, like everybody has the right to play or not. But why the heck make a thread about it? I haven't played for 3 days now, but have you seen a thread made by me saying "I stopped playing for three days already..." ? (Well, in my case, I just have no time to play because of too much work -.-)

Or did I miss something? Did you want a discussion about that all the people that complain about KoS should stop playing and wait for the Beta? /signed.

Everyone should play/not play what and when he/she wants, suggestions, bug/glitch/hack reports are always welcome (even in the forum), even complaints (as long it's not about a topic that was discussed 500 times before) as long as they can be discussed....

And wait for cars...Ah I can't wait to find a car again like in the mod: Wonderful Jeep, but some parts missing or broken, so you require all the things you need for it and after hours, when you carry back that last tire that you couldn't find anywhere, you finally put it on...and get shot from behind, because somebody just waited to do all the work and steal the car.

Edited by LaughingJack

there should not be a solution for KoS, KoS needs to be in the game.

• Like 1