Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Update Rev. 0.36.115535 (Experimental branch)

The loot is not broken in the tent areas. THEY WILL NEVER SPAWN AS MUCH MILITARY GEAR AS THEY DID BEFORE. This is not a COD style game.

This is a survival simulator. If you think this game is moving towards more military gear you are dead wrong. In fact, it's exactly the opposite. More civilian style weapons with survival elements raised continuously. 

Yeah it is broken actually. Even Rocket has confirmed as much. Not as much loot does not equate to NO LOOT. Which is what there is now. In fact Rocket has someone looking into the fact that many many buildings never spawn loot.

• Like 1

those wacky germans, what will they do next?

I just hope they will keep playing DayZ instead of invading us for zillionth time.

• Like 2

My guess is the heart attack status will be tied into the shock status. I don't think it is really necessary, since I almost have a heart attack in real life every time I'm searching the hangers and a zombie rounds the corner that I didn't know was there. For that split second I don't know if it's a zombie or another player.

This is exactly it. All the flaming idiots that could y figure out that it didn't mean you randomly have one from running around should uninstall now and save them selfs the frustration of thinking.

Lol, I'm not sure if I will be 'screwing' exactly, but I have faith that it will be fixed before beta.

Right so you would not be upset then ??

OK if you say so.

Tried experimental server yesterday what can i say BRAVO! in change-log havent seen a fix for school rooftop glitch. So tried it and its fixed!! didnt tried jail wall glitch tho but this babysteps fixes is huge for me! 

• Like 1

Alright, just posting up that the experimental branch as it is right now has more desync problems then I've seen yet throughout the alpha.  Character will often rubber-band like 10 feet back, as well as other players as well.  Perhaps it's just everyone trying to join into the experimental or something, but I hope it's fixed by the time we hit stable.  I hope their working on it.  In a nutshell I would describe the current version of the game as clunky as hell.  I know guys alpha alpha alpha, I'm just saying it's been smoother then the experimental is now.

Perhaps your connection was really bad when you was playing?

Because i have clocked 4-5 hrs into this experimental branch and i have not had any problems with either rubber banding or desync so far.

I just hope they will keep playing DayZ instead of invading us for zillionth time.

Hrm, actually, I'd like very much for DayZ to be a German game, so you just gave me an idea...

:D :D :D :D

(PS: For those who don't understand irony/sarcasm: It's a joke ;) )

Alright, just posting up that the experimental branch as it is right now has more desync problems then I've seen yet throughout the alpha.  Character will often rubber-band like 10 feet back, as well as other players as well.  Perhaps it's just everyone trying to join into the experimental or something, but I hope it's fixed by the time we hit stable.  I hope their working on it.  In a nutshell I would describe the current version of the game as clunky as hell.  I know guys alpha alpha alpha, I'm just saying it's been smoother then the experimental is now.

yesterday I have experience the same massive rubber-banding, but I can not remember on which server. after I changed it everything was ok. still, some desync was present.

When player is unconscious, he sniffs or it seemed to me? :o

* when I ran up to him.

Edited by Indigitally

Thanks for pointing me to that topic, but it doesn't seem to fit my case. I perfectly understand that this is an alpha and i don't want to whine about the money I've spend. I'm just curious to know the technical reasons behind the fact that some issues seem like are ignored. I would like also to remind you that in this forum there is a road map thread. Having more zombies is marked as Ongoing since 20th December. Now we're at 20th February and nothing as changed. That's my point. I'm just trying to point out facts so we can discuss them. That seems to me to purpose of a forum ..

The amount aswell as the types of zombies have, however, improved over that timeframe.

When player is unconscious, he sniffs or it seemed to me? :o

* when I ran up to him.

What are you getting fps-wise with the gtx 690?

As far as the eat all goes, you guys do know that you can already eat all of something in the same timeframe it takes to eat it once? Right click eat on the food, immediately close inventory, scroll mousewheel up and "F" until the text at the bottom of the screen says there is nothing left. If you do it fast enough (typically only 4 times if in 25% increments) you will eat the rest all at once in the time it takes to eat one "bite". I'm sure most of you may or may not know that...but doesn't seem necessary to add an eat all option if you can do that already.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Well, i don't know... that fellow countryman of mine either has no idea about modern weapons, or he's a troll... just don't take it seriously

As far as the eat all goes, you guys do know that you can already eat all of something in the same timeframe it takes to eat it once? Right click eat on the food, immediately close inventory, scroll mousewheel up and "F" until the text at the bottom of the screen says there is nothing left. If you do it fast enough (typically only 4 times if in 25% increments) you will eat the rest all at once in the time it takes to eat one "bite". I'm sure most of you may or may not know that...but doesn't seem necessary to add an eat all option if you can do that already.

lol

• Like 1

• Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet

Been noticing my shoes and trousers getting DAMP, but can't figure out what effect thats having on the "health" of the trousers or my speed/health? Anyone know what this does or will do in the future?

• Zombies: Zombies aims mostly for chest area now when attacking

Had a funny "bug?" the other day. My mate was full health, Energized, Hydrated AND Healthy (as he had been bleeding much earlier and we had given him blood and IV Kit and he had eaten and drank to stuffed), healthy gear including Ballistic Helm. He had a zombie chasing, so he switches to his axe, which stopped him in his tracks....and the Zombie double hand slaps him on the head....Instant death! No bleeding, no unconcious.....just instant death, 1 shot from a Zombie! I had turned and watched the whole thing happen! :P

This update will give us +10 to bravery, as we have been super scared of Zombies ever since! :P

Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet.

Is it true that you cannot tear into rags a wet t-shirt? Also, if you are getting wet are you going to see cold status?

Hrm, actually, I'd like very much for DayZ to be a German game, so you just gave me an idea...

:D :D :D :D

(PS: For those who don't understand irony/sarcasm: It's a joke ;) )

You evil man  :D .

Anyways respect for german cars and weapons!

Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet.

Is it true that you cannot tear into rags a wet t-shirt? Also, if you are getting wet are you going to see cold status?

Getting a cold is not implemented yet.

• Weather: Rain now causes items and player to become wet

Been noticing my shoes and trousers getting DAMP, but can't figure out what effect thats having on the "health" of the trousers or my speed/health? Anyone know what this does or will do in the future?

After damp, they get wet and soaked - a status right of your head gonna show "soaked". if cold is implemented you probably get sick and need some antibiotica.

you have played the experimental right? it takes about a third as much time to "eat all" than it does to keep pressing "f" till there is nothing left. its a huge time saver and makes eating much less annoying.

like skow stated, even in the stable u can eat food very very fast just by his options or right clicking the item in the inventory and spam for eat option 5-6 times. eating a whole package of rice needs like 4-5 seconds.

also the animation and duration of eat-all option at currect experimental is goin to adjusted:

[–]rocket2guns

1 Tag zuvor

We are preparing a second, longer, animation for eating all that will iterate through more loops.

Edited by Guest