Sign in to follow this  
Spiderdude20

Magnum or FNX45

Story time! During my run through Electro (think it was electro) I came across the powerplant, thinking it was something else. But I went in anyways, and to my shock, I found some sweet loot! Including a Magnum and unfortunately some .45ACP rounds. Now at this point I had to log off for a bit, but it was alright. About a few hours later, I logged back in (on a different low pop server though) and decided to check the powerplant again, because why not? Well guess what? I found ammo for the Mag, but I also found a magazine clip for the FNX, and surprise surprise, an actual FNX45! You can guess that I was in a dilemma at that point. I couldn't take both guns, but I wanted a sidearm on me just in case. In the end, I picked the 45.

But was it the right choice? This is where you fantastic people come in. I want your honest opinions on the two sidearms, it's strengths, drawbacks, sex appeal, all that good stuff.

Magnum + Izh or B95 + Cowboy Hat + Aviators = you beat the game

So yeah, the magnum wins. 

• Like 6

Personally I prefer the magnum. That .357 round packs quite a punch. I also like it for aesthetic reasons...which is a terrible reason to choose something that your life depends on.

All in all I'd say the FNX is the way to go. 15 rounds magazine, decent stopping power, and attachment ready. I think there are more pros to the FNX than the revolver.

Still though...I just love that revolver.

• Like 5

I like the .45, only noticeable reason is that it carries 15 rounds... You never know when you are going to need them and by using the Magnum you only have 6. 

Biggest drawback to the .45 is that the mags are very tough to find, at least in my experience....

Magnum 6 bullets

Fnx 15 bullets

Just that is enough to prefer the fnx for me

Add this

Fnx have faster reload, u just need mags, magnum ha the speedloader but i found 1 in sooo many hrs after the patch, and so many fnx mags....

Also u can attach stuff on fnx, i found a crosshair, light, silencer for the fnx.

Edited by KamiOfKOS

Yeah the deciding factor for me was the stopping power, range, and past experience. Finding an fnx mag is hell practically. Granted, you can single load it now, one pistol round isn't much to rely on. Sure, when you fire the .357, your announcing yourself to the world. You hit someone with it though, they feel it. They dread it, they panic, they run like hell.

I've found speed loaders and ammo for the magnum almost everywhere, including civilian storage units. For an fnx mag, your looking at a police building or barracks. We know the type of people in those locations.

• Like 1

I like the Magnum.

It looks nice, sounds nice, and .357 has more than enough stopping power.

Also, FNX Mags. I swear they don't actually exist.

• Like 3

I like the Magnum.

It looks nice, sounds nice, and .357 has more than enough stopping power.

Also, FNX Mags. I swear they don't actually exist.

Lol, you guys can' t find any mags ? I had 4 on 1 survivor at max, u could kos all elektro lol.

I can't find yellow boxes tough :(

"Do you want to throw up here, or in the car?"

Both. Yes, both. FNX has great firing rate, .357 more of a punch. Clips are hard to find, but once you get a clip you're golden. Only need one. The actual ammo isn't that rare. If pressed, I'd take the .357 for stopping power, but I carry both most of the time.

• Like 1

Both are pretty bad. I'd say the FNX if you find the mags. At least you can put more lead in the air.

Both are pretty bad. I'd say the FNX if you find the mags. At least you can put more lead in the air.

[sarcasm]

Yeah, the .357 is DEFINITELY BAD, man.

Not like I've killed at least 4 other players with it, ALL OF THEM GOING DOWN FROM THE FIRST SHOT and DYING THE NEXT.

[/sarcasm]

According to DayZdb, both weapons currently have the same stopping power. Therefore, the .45 is probably your best bet.

[sarcasm]

Yeah, the .357 is DEFINITELY BAD, man.

Not like I've killed at least 4 other players with it, ALL OF THEM GOING DOWN FROM THE FIRST SHOT and DYING THE NEXT.

[/sarcasm]

Same damage as the fnx. Bith have horrible dispersion and are worthless past 20 meters. Edited by Infiltrator

I'm biased: never had a loaded .45. :(

I always find the wrong ammo for the handgun I have. Or I find 40 magnum rounds, carry them with me, but never find the actual gun.

Edited by sacrdandprofne

I prefer the FNX 45 because of its clip capacity, rapid fire, and customization :)

I use a fully modded FNX's flashlight in night servers when the gamma exploit is useless. The pistol saved me from a KoSer on the NEAF when I peeked inside the jail building. As soon as I poked my head inside the building, I was greeted by the flying bullets of a fully kitted guy with an SKS. Needless to say, I gunned him down and the fight lasted two seconds. He only managed to land one shot, in my torso, ruining some of my SKS ammo :( What made it worse was that it was a few patches back when the body despawn feature was implemented. So as soon as I bandaged, the body was gone because of the bug that made bodies despawn in like 10 secs.

Edited by AntonioAJC

Sawn-off shotgun stashed in my backpack is my sidearm of choice. ;)

But that being said I haven't found a pistol yet. I did find a chest holster, so when I do find one I'll have two sidearms. :P 

I like the idea of the FNX. My shotgun packs enough close range stopping power to compensate for not having the magnum (plus shotty ammo seems to be pretty common), and the larger clip size of the FNX swings it for me.

Edited by Nicko2580

I used to say "MAGNUM!" without hesitation but I have had infinitely more success with the FNX in 200+ hours

That's just my experience. Can't be the same for everyone. There MUST be a playstyle variable

Personally I prefer the magnum. That .357 round packs quite a punch. I also like it for aesthetic reasons...which is a terrible reason to choose something that your life depends on.

All in all I'd say the FNX is the way to go. 15 rounds magazine, decent stopping power, and attachment ready. I think there are more pros to the FNX than the revolver.

Still though...I just love that revolver.

here is an honest answer lol.. the fnx with its red dot and 15 round clips( i have found 3 check the roof of office/school buildings and fire station roofs) accurate nope but at close range i let the lead fly the boxes of bullets are all over the place..

I still keep a magnum though and have 3 speed loaders for that aswell ( easier to find than clips for fnx) there in many civilian buildings the cafe storage sheds the orange brick buildings the piano house... i got the gear for the magnum first so was my original side arm but now have gear for the fnx ( took a while but i have all attachments ) that is my go to side arm ( although inside a building i still flip to the sawn off shot gun)

Edited by SoulFirez

FNX:

- Faster reload

- More ammo

- Less recoil meaning more accurate follow up shots

- Can have scope, flashlight and silencer (although silencer isn't working yet)

- More RPM*

Revolver:

- Looks cool

- Has a little more stopping power

- Easier to obtain speedloader

I'd go FNX any day. Once you get 2 magazines for it you are good to go.

Edited by weedmasta
  • Like 1

FNX:

- Faster reload

- More ammo

- Less recoil meaning more accurate follow up shots

- Can have scope, flashlight and silencer (although silencer isn't working yet)

Revolver:

- Looks cool

- Has a little more stopping power

- Easier to obtain speedloader

I'd go FNX any day. Once you get 2 magazines for it you are good to go.

Finally found a silencer for my FNX45 and you're right it doesn't work yet. First time I tried it out I was like "Damn! That's loud"....lol.

Finally found a silencer for my FNX45 and you're right it doesn't work yet. First time I tried it out I was like "Damn! That's loud"....lol.

"Sweet, a silencer!" BANG BANG BANG "Works like a charm!" :D

• Like 2

the FNX if you have a clip + ammo. 

although the simplicity of the magnum is nice. 

Story time! During my run through Electro (think it was electro) I came across the powerplant, thinking it was something else. But I went in anyways, and to my shock, I found some sweet loot! Including a Magnum and unfortunately some .45ACP rounds. Now at this point I had to log off for a bit, but it was alright. About a few hours later, I logged back in (on a different low pop server though) and decided to check the powerplant again, because why not? Well guess what? I found ammo for the Mag, but I also found a magazine clip for the FNX, and surprise surprise, an actual FNX45! You can guess that I was in a dilemma at that point. I couldn't take both guns, but I wanted a sidearm on me just in case. In the end, I picked the 45.

But was it the right choice? This is where you fantastic people come in. I want your honest opinions on the two sidearms, it's strengths, drawbacks, sex appeal, all that good stuff.

Two things:

1. You can carry both.

2. Server hopper!!!!

;)

Two things:

1. You can carry both.

2. Server hopper!!!!

;)

lol, it's only server hopping if you hop to another server right after you leave one, which yeah I usually do, if the lag and desync issue is bad on a previous server :P. As for the first thing, had no more room for both. Though maybe drinking and eating some of my food would have helped... >.>

• Like 1

lol, it's only server hopping if you hop to another server right after you leave one, which yeah I usually do, if the lag and desync issue is bad on a previous server :P. As for the first thing, had no more room for both. Though maybe drinking and eating some of my food would have helped... >.>

Beans for you for not getting your panties in a bunch at a little ribbing. There's some real sad Nancy's on this forum.

Oh and .45 for me. Mostly for ammo count and RPM speed.

Edited by Crooked Hauser