Sign in to follow this  
Voice of reason

Dead for good.

Death for good  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this idea or not?

• Good idea and I would like to see it at least for a while.
    • Bad idea and I should kill myself for even attempting to think.
    • Neither good nor bad or just don't know if i like it or not

I have an idea and I'd like your opinion please.

Since there is a lot of KOS going on in the game and I don't really like to KOS myself even though I do when neccesary, I was thinking that maybe it would be good idea if people die for good. Let me explain.

At the moment if you get killed in the game you spawn back on the beach and then the same with m4 (like me) can find you again and KOS again.

Why not since you don't know me and there is no way you can find out who killed you I can do it over and over.

But what if players I killed would become invisible to me for good until my character dies. 

I think that would make people more willing to talk an less willing to KOS.

Reason for being less willing to kill is the fact that if you kill all the users on the server and they spawn back you never get to see the player again and you are alone until your character dies for whatever reason.

Obviously at first you would jump server and get at other players but the more you kill the less you will see.

I'm sure the list of players can be easly saved to the character just like your inventory.

The idea needs to be polished to actually work but i think it ads realism to the game because if you kill someone in real life you won't see them 2 hours later runing on the coast.

What do you think?

• Like 1

Since there is a lot of KOS going on in the game and I don't really like to KOS myself even though I do when neccesary, I was thinking that maybe it would be good idea if people die for good. Let me explain.

At the moment if you get killed in the game you spawn back on the beach and then the same with m4 (like me) can find you again and KOS again.

Why not since you don't know me and there is no way you can find out who killed you I can do it over and over.

But what if players I killed would become invisible to me for good until my character dies. 

Reason for being less willing to kill is the fact that if you kill all the users on the server and they spawn back you never get to see the player again and you are alone until your character dies for whatever reason.

Obviously at first you would jump server and get at other players but the more you kill the less you will see.

I'm sure the list of players can be easly saved to the character just like your inventory.

The idea needs to be polished to actually work but i think it ads realism to the game because if you kill someone in real life you won't see them 2 hours later runing on the coast.

What do you think?

You are supposed to be the Voice of Reason!!!!!!

Edit: "Bad idea and I should kill myself for even attempting to think." But there is no need i think you already understand how bad this idea trully is xD

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

When I first read what I thought you were trying to say I thought you were crazy.

I then read it more carefully, and in all honesty the idea of the player ID's of your murdered targets being kind of separate instanced/ on a separate layer of the game relm to you till you roll a new character isn't a terrible idea. Like you said, the more you kill the more lonely you become (till you jump off a water tower or eat the business end of your .45)

I can see complications with world interactions like loot disappearing when you are interacting with it because someone on a layer not visable to you is looking at the same thing but I do think the idea is interesting

• Like 1

What do you think?

I think this encourages KoS...I can see it...every single muthafucka killing everyone on the server so he is invisible to everyone and loot the server alone (which would create another instance like in Path of Exile or Dead Frontier)

Why? Chances are little for both you and the KOS to meet again in a high pop server. However if you go near to where you died and the player that killed you still around, you will die again. What? You don't want him and you to see each other so you can go loot your body? Useless suggestion.

Edited by Malibuz0r

I think this encourages KoS...I can see it...every single muthafucka killing everyone on the server so he is invisible to everyone and loot the server alone (which would create another instance like in Path of Exile or Dead Frontier)

Yeah that makes sense. You run around and loot alone, get all the great gear and then ..... hmm I guess you just have that gear and well you are alone. That sounds like great fun.

I guess the poll said it all. Cool.

Thaks all for your input.

But what if players I killed would become invisible to me for good until my character dies

What do you think?

Bad idea... If killed players get invisible only for killer then they would be like ghost and no problem with attacking killer, while killer don't see them. Not really fair. Why ghost bambi can attack other player (even if its killer) and there no way to fight back. I know chance for meet same player(killer) is low and depends of server population, spawn place, etc. but its still not fair. I am opposite.

Edited by TokumeiSennin
  • Like 1

They would become invisable to each other. I would even say the aspect of this idea expanded on would be interesting;

Say any player that dies in your network bubble, any dead body you interact with, and your body on respawn goes on your avatar blocked list. Could create some intense psychological situstions: Do you continue on in the world after your buddy gets killed or do you eat your own bullet to be able to interact with them again.

The other side effect of this would simulate the effects of your mental state degrading, the longer you live the more players will populate your blocked list. You would start to see zombies chasing people that aren't there, gunshots coming from sources that don't exist, items suddenly disappearing, etc.

Could make for an interesting mod idea

Edited by akafugitive
  • Like 1