PaPaFrag

Who are you? [2014-02-08]

Last Friday I had my first encounter.

It was a three person team.

It was last Friday in Svetlojarsk

I had no guns.

They were friendly!

Just wanted to know who you are guys and thank you!

It was a nice "first time"  :blush:  and taught me not to be over paranoid of KOS.

Video: Friendly Triple

• Like 1

get back the paranoia if you wanna survive m8!! that's a rare interaction I wouldn't base all future ones on it..

• Like 4

I was 'robbed' yesterday in Berezino, had recently spawned, had found myself a fireaxe, backpack and some clothing but not much else, server was pretty much picked clean. Two semi geared guys with nasty looking rifles come up to me, tell me to get on my knees and then handcuff me, I tell them I've got buggerall but that theyre welcome to whatever's in my backpack. One guy looks around in my pack, they then tell me that theyre sorry that they have no keys for the handcuffs, that I'll have to break free myself. Took me a while to figure that one out, (they tried to help me with it, but turns out none of us had been handcuffed before), by the time I got around to looking in my backpack they were long gone, and to my surprise I find two new boxes of ammo and a compass in there. Reverse robbery :P

• Like 2

I was 'robbed' yesterday in Berezino, had recently spawned, had found myself a fireaxe, backpack and some clothing but not much else, server was pretty much picked clean. Two semi geared guys with nasty looking rifles come up to me, tell me to get on my knees and then handcuff me, I tell them I've got buggerall but that theyre welcome to whatever's in my backpack. One guy looks around in my pack, they then tell me that theyre sorry that they have no keys for the handcuffs, that I'll have to break free myself. Took me a while to figure that one out, (they tried to help me with it, but turns out none of us had been handcuffed before), by the time I got around to looking in my backpack they were long gone, and to my surprise I find two new boxes of ammo and a compass in there. Reverse robbery :P

People like that are awesome.  :beans:

Stockholm? Nope. I am from Bavaria. :lol:

@Johnny & @Calibre: Yeah, got it. Thanks for reactiviating my paranoia. :P

@Iarfur: Great story! Thanks for sharing. I checked my inventory after this experience. IMHO everything as before. I checked because this one guy wanted to get very cozy with me. Romantic feelings or blood drain? :huh:

Came across a guy in the dead of night shooting at me at NW Airfield. I hid in the bushes near the entrance and some how he snuck up behind me and cuffed me without me realising. After he was happy I was not a threat he uncuffed me and took me to a fully equipped M4 and stocked me up on ammo and went to rejoin his team. What a legend!

Stockholm? Nope. I am from Bavaria. :lol:

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.[1][2] The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 8% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.[3]

Stockholm syndrome can be seen as a form of traumatic bonding, which does not necessarily require a hostage scenario, but which describes "strong emotional ties that develop between two persons where one person intermittently harasses, beats, threatens, abuses, or intimidates the other."[4] One commonly used hypothesis to explain the effect of Stockholm syndrome is based on Freudian theory. It suggests that the bonding is the individual's response to trauma in becoming a victim. Identifying with the aggressor is one way that the ego defends itself. When a victim believes the same values as the aggressor, they cease to be a threat.[5]

Battered-person syndrome is an example of activating the capture-bonding psychological mechanism, as are military basic training and fraternity bonding by hazing.[dubious discuss].[6][7][8]

Stockholm syndrome is sometimes erroneously referred to as Helsinki syndrome.[9][10]

-Wiki

@SpartanxApathy:

Sir, thank you for the elaborations from Wikipedia.

I should have made my joke more clear, the one with Bavaria.

Actually I graduated in Psychology and hold a Ph.D.

I am well aware what a Stockholm syndrome is.

The situation in my video was simply too short for evoking any PTSD or alike syndroms.

If there would ever be any signs related to above mentioned, evoked by video gaming the person in quesion should seek immediate professional help.