commnaza

Bounty Hunting System

Maybe this will make KOS and some other killers life harder with a Bounty Hunting (and add some new play way to the game)

Have some ideas how to make it...all is just example for better understanding what i mean

(sorry for mistakes, Eng language is not my native)

1) Adding fame system (eg IRL rumor) (fame is not showed to others)

-When you spawn you will have a 0 fame.

-Player will be added to the wanted board when he reaches -50 fame.

-Every killed player with no less than -50 fame will add -20 fame to the killer.

-Every day negative fame will be decreased by 2pts.

-Every killed zombie negative fame decrease by 1pt.

2) Add Wanted board info (need to add button on starter screen to see the board of most wanted 50 or 100 players)

(adding info depends of fame)

Like a:

-50 fame --Name and current server

-100 fame --Name, current server and side of map (north or north-west and etc)

-150 fame --Name,current server and last seen in (like a ) Zelenogorsk

Also (maybe stupid idea) add Reward bets

Maybe add reward system as i see it:

Place some few houses with a npc, which can take a bet against your killer (bet makes with a loot).

add to loot items some points.

When Hunter kill a murder, he collect those points, which can exchange in npc house on item if he collect enough pts in item reward list

Example:

Someone named Joe killed me, and i bet against him 2 soda, 1 axe.

(items have one soda 1pt, axe 10pts)

Hunter kills Joe and collect 12pts to his wallet.

Hunter goes to the npc house and see in exchange list how much need pts to some item as reward:

like 50pts for food

100pts for medical

200pts for ammo and etc.

(heh and maybe add a dog which simply can smell "in a radius of 250 metres" and turn to murder direction while stands)   :)

That could be good if there would be NPC acception from the DEV side. I don't think that is what Rocket wants. And not sure that this will not kll the idea of NATURAL socializing of ppl who left at the wild with a lot of guns and not to many food > :(

I think we should make Wanted board, as you suggested and then, if some persons will get to many "wanted", they could be the target of mercs/bounty hunters. And the idea of betting on the head is really interesting. Then if some player keep killing noobs, they (every one don't have much valuebles, but when they will share all they got) will make that sum of loot/money/goods etc. a bounty on this person's  head. Then it really will work. Bounty hunters will see what man is on top, and who got only couple of "bets" and don't even deserve their time and bullets.

Anyway that should be the work of some player (maybe some Bounty Hunter Guild leader), who will take this kind of "bets" and see does the person desire to be the object of hunting or it's better to decline that kind of contract.

And again - we need not just to kill (it's to simple type of punishment - he will just resp and continue), but the opportunity to hold ppl in some places for some time. That wil give realism and will not allow to continue KOSing (at least for a while).

Edited by super_shadow

Go Bounty Hunter youself !?!?!?. You can do it already. Granted no onw will know but you, your group and the guys you kill. But indirectly you'll be buying time for new spawns and other travellers. No need to have a system to cheer you to the world.

Don't wait for others to accomplish your ideas for you. Good luck.

I approve boards being located around chernarous for most wanted bandits on the server with pictures of the character models, would help with identification of whose a bandit and who isnt. But no NPCs.

• Like 3

Go Bounty Hunter youself !?!?!?. You can do it already. Granted no onw will know but you, your group and the guys you kill. But indirectly you'll be buying time for new spawns and other travellers. No need to have a system to cheer you to the world.

Don't wait for others to accomplish your ideas for you. Good luck.

You keep saying that. There is no sence in PK, in Bounty Huntering and other stuff right now, when you can't even save your loot. And, to kill KOS-style player who got only 1 weapon that he used to kill newbees, have NO SENCE either!!! He wel res and keep being muda4ek. There should be development of catching and imprisoning system for the player HAVE REAL PROBLEMS from having bounty on his head.

The thing you offer now - is JUST BEING AVENGER (like some stupid comics hero - forgive me Marvel lovers, I didn't mean any harm to you dreams). That's not Hunting For Bountyes! Nobody is paying fo that kind of activity. 2 cans of beens that some newb who got killed doesn't worth chasing his killer for a few real hours then just kill him. That will mean immediate resurrecting and continuing do harm to newbees at some other place!

I don't know if it will go well. In theory, it will put at least a bit of a stop to KOS'ing, but isn't the idea of a game like this free will?

As i  understand, most kos players do their dirty job with some few friends for more safety and more fun.against lonely players.

With "most wanted board" we will see epic fights beetwen hero and bandits groups.

Also it may  increased much more society, cause hunters need to ask some info about murders.

• Like 1

You keep saying that. There is no sence in PK, in Bounty Huntering and other stuff right now, when you can't even save your loot. And, to kill KOS-style player who got only 1 weapon that he used to kill newbees, have NO SENCE either!!! He wel res and keep being muda4ek. There should be development of catching and imprisoning system for the player HAVE REAL PROBLEMS from having bounty on his head.

The thing you offer now - is JUST BEING AVENGER (like some stupid comics hero - forgive me Marvel lovers, I didn't mean any harm to you dreams). That's not Hunting For Bountyes! Nobody is paying fo that kind of activity. 2 cans of beens that some newb who got killed doesn't worth chasing his killer for a few real hours then just kill him. That will mean immediate resurrecting and continuing do harm to newbees at some other place!

I know I've killed both good and bad guys. I am no avenger and died as many times trying to hunt down armed fellows.

Please, tell me, what is wrong with it, especially not having some sort of stats board ? It is proper and fun. It is intense and intentional.

You have no names and players change their avatar clothing a lot, while the other half all look the same with their military apparel and helmets and hunter packs. How you going to distinguish them ?

Better thing to do, IMO, is setup a Bounty Hunter group similar to the system used by the The Medics of the Wasteland. With a TS and permanent players there to accept the requests.

That way you can request a hunt, immediately, and give precise specifics and hope for the best. Their payment ? Fun for all and reputation for the Bounty Hunters.

See there, I gave you an idea of how you can do it yourself... or start it up. No need to hope and wish the devs one day implement it.

Regarding my gameplay, my pay is fun and comes in due time and anonymity is my friend although I like to show off the wardrobe a lot and suggest even more stuff that adds character to all. From apparel to collectibles to gun control.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

I approve boards being located around chernarous for most wanted bandits on the server with pictures of the character models, would help with identification of whose a bandit and who isnt. But no NPCs

Better to add i think to the start screen (were buttons "start game, options,change server) Cause if bandits sees another group they could disconnect and go to the another server to do dirty job.

I simply -100000 fame on my head would do just a wall glitch and fuck any1 who came to me hahahah

Edited by arturkanx

You have no names and players change their avatar clothing a lot, while the other half all look the same with their military apparel and helmets and hunter packs. How you going to distinguish them ?

It's an alfa, why just not add some ability to determine the nickname

And we have name (try to chat with someone and you'll see his name)

I simply -100000 fame on my head would do just a wall glitch and fuck any1 who came to me hahahah

What you can do emmm against 10 hunters in 1 group?    there will be not you fuck? there will be orgy with your present

It's an alfa, why just not add some ability to determine the nickname

And we have name (try to chat with someone and you'll see his name)

Al right, I think I'll have a written notepaper with my nickname written on it so the Bounty Hunters tonight can claim their fame.

Actually we could put the pen and paper to use right away :)

I think things like this should be left to the players to organise on a server basis. 

Eventually things like currencies are going to develop in this game (ammo, food etc) especially when the zombies are harder and the loot is rarer and people can build communities and bases and such. 

Leave it up to the players to organise - don't put systems for this type of thing into the game. I think it will ruin the atmosphere somewhat.

• Like 1

Maybe this will make KOS and some other killers life harder with a Bounty Hunting (and add some new play way to the game)

Have some ideas how to make it...all is just example for better understanding what i mean
(sorry for mistakes, Eng language is not my native)

1) Adding fame system (eg IRL rumor) (fame is not showed to others)

-When you spawn you will have a 0 fame.
-Player will be added to the wanted board when he reaches -50 fame.
-Every killed player with no less than -50 fame will add -20 fame to the killer.
-Every day negative fame will be decreased by 2pts.
-Every killed zombie negative fame decrease by 1pt.

2) Add Wanted board info (need to add button on starter screen to see the board of most wanted 50 or 100 players)
(adding info depends of fame)
Like a:
-50 fame --Name and current server
-100 fame --Name, current server and side of map (north or north-west and etc)
-150 fame --Name,current server and last seen in (like a ) Zelenogorsk

Also (maybe stupid idea) add Reward bets
Maybe add reward system as i see it:
Place some few houses with a npc, which can take a bet against your killer (bet makes with a loot).
add to loot items some points.
When Hunter kill a murder, he collect those points, which can exchange in npc house on item if he collect enough pts in item reward list
Example:
Someone named Joe killed me, and i bet against him 2 soda, 1 axe.
(items have one soda 1pt, axe 10pts)
Hunter kills Joe and collect 12pts to his wallet.
Hunter goes to the npc house and see in exchange list how much need pts to some item as reward:
like 50pts for food
100pts for medical
200pts for ammo and etc.

(heh and maybe add a dog which simply can smell "in a radius of 250 metres" and turn to murder direction while stands)   :)

So...humanity system as in the mod? the system Dean wanted to get rid off?

Anyway...that would only encourage more player killing, we need zombie killing

So ... imagine there were such boards. And they would state a random name for a bandit. How would I know him, if I'd see him? I cannot see any names of players unless they type something into chat. I don't think a sought-after bandit would confirm his name this way. Seems hard to implement for little to no benefit.

I think things like this should be left to the players to organise on a server basis. 

Eventually things like currencies are going to develop in this game (ammo, food etc) especially when the zombies are harder and the loot is rarer and people can build communities and bases and such. 

Leave it up to the players to organise - don't put systems for this type of thing into the game. I think it will ruin the atmosphere somewhat.

This exactly!

Edited by Sir Eglamore

I love the idea of a game ran only by players with no NPCs

I totally agree.

Now, MAYBE, there could be a way to identify players, like when you're very close to them (as you could do IRL with face, size, scars, etc) like getting a name, or an ID, which you could partially conceal with clothes and stuff.  That could allow a "player managed bounty system" where you could tell others that the player with the id "djis94xd" is someone you want to be hunted (or just when you see someone you've already seen and was friendly so you can avoid accidents). Then you would have to be very close to that player to be sure it's the right person witht the right ID. That's the only system I can see that could be realistic but I'm not sure.

Anyway I'd be fine with the current "you have no idea who is who" state.

Edited by Kintaro
  • Like 1

Idk, It may look like I'm joining the camp af ppl, who wanna NPC and this type of regulation of game mechanics (I'm no meaning that at all), but what if there will be some database, where a person can put some face features and other signs of his killer's (or just offender's identity).

It may look like:

1) Someone kills me, and I got a message (better if it will save somewhere to be able to read it later): you where shot. You didn't really know this person (if you didn't chat with him standing near), but still you saw that he is approx 1.7 m height, got black hair, and a scarf on right cheek. It might gives some RP moment, but this is what you really can remember if you got shot by stranger (and have escaped, or got to hospital) in real life. I mean - you remember fey features of him and if you want to revenge, you can try find him later, using that pieces of info, you can remember about him. We can have some database, where you can put theese features and it (for example some in game computer system, can give answer of list of player names, that are fit (or almost fit) to the description you entered.

2) Or maybe, that could be realized, like - when you see some player, there is the message about his height, hair colour etc. (it can be more or less detailed depending of distance and clothes he wears). That will be really cool if the closer you get to opponent, the more identity signs you see (and save in some notebook files). Later you put them in some device (it can be PDA like in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or some huge PC at main places like Cherno), and the more info you had (had seen while was in eye contact with player character), the shorter is the list of suspects.

So if you where standing and talking to him directly, you can find him or just couple of ppl who have little bit close features. And then you just need to trace him, and start YOUR VENGENCE :P

Anyway, while we can't have so detailed faces, it might be realized in some kind of way similar to what I've just described...

And about whole Bounty Hunting. Only if bases or even characters will be "chained" with servers, that will work. It cant work normally now, because anyone, just made something bad, can immediately go to other server and, maybe, never come back. And nobody know where he can go... We'll see how all this homes/bases/hidden places thing will be done and then it will be cleared, can this options survive, or it's just RP moment that we can imagine to enjoy ourselves, but to be honest, don't really work.

Edited by super_shadow
  • Like 1

It's kinda where I was heading yeah but not the computer/database thing. I think it would be a bit unrealistic in a post-apocaliptic world. Maybe a post in cities where you can write stuff (wanted, looking for survivors, etc) so it stays local (and more realistic ?). Now the probem with such post would be spam, so maybe no post/database thing and the infos would be only available to you, or you could share with players around-.

I think i'll create a post to debate about an identification system in the suggestion section.

Post created : http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175401-identification-system/

Edited by Kintaro
  • Like 1

And about whole Bounty Hunting. Only if bases or even characters will be "chained" with servers, that will work. It cant work normally now, because anyone, just made something bad, can immediately go to other server and, maybe, never come back. And nobody know where he can go... We'll see how all this homes/bases/hidden places thing will be done and then it will be cleared, can this options survive, or it's just RP moment that we can imagine to enjoy ourselves, but to be honest, don't really work.

I don't like NPC characters too :)  Problem is in server jumping.There is no need in BH if all characters will be chained.