Jeffreyson84

my screen image become more grey or less colour.

Ok when i spawning,my ingame screen are full with colour(normal).Right now after encounter some zombies & yeah i heal by using rag & bandage,my image become less colour.Did i sick or what because i cant see anything that saying im sick.Any infomation from you will be much helping me.

Edited by Jeffreyson84

Your low on blood you will need to eat and drink till your stuffed and then in time you will get healing/healthy status and your screen will get colour again ...

That or some saline bags or a blood bag given to you by another player ( needs to be right type of blood though or it is curtains for you ....

Maybe you should use search option before you ask something. 

You lost a lot of blood and you need Saline Bag IV and non hostile player to give his blood to you.

Your low on blood you will need to eat and drink till your stuffed and then in time you will get healing/healthy status and your screen will get colour again ...

That or some saline bags or a blood bag given to you by another player ( needs to be right type of blood though or it is curtains for you ....

thank you sir,can you give any tutorial link that i can follow to do all the step to heal myself. 

Maybe you should use search option before you ask something. 

You lost a lot of blood and you need Saline Bag IV and non hostile player to give his blood to you.

sorry sir,im new at here & new to dayz sa.

• Like 3

Yeah just get loads of food down your characters neck. This confused me when I first started as well.

thank you sir,can you give any tutorial link that i can follow to do all the step to heal myself. 

Damn i cant find that link that explains the food water healing health shock system of the game.. But just simply go to source of water such as a pond or water pump drink water till it says your stuffed then spend your time collecting food and once you have around 5 or 6 items of food find safe place and eat till again your stomach is stuffed ( it gives both an indication in inventory and an on screen written message that your stuffed.

This can be done eating and drinking together but i find the best way is to take your fill of each indiviually as your stomach empties and then allows for the other to be filled into it ( do not keep eating drinking once you get the stuffed message or you will vomit wasting all your water and food in stomach...

Damn i cant find that link that explains the food water healing health shock system of the game.. But just simply go to source of water such as a pond or water pump drink water till it says your stuffed then spend your time collecting food and once you have around 5 or 6 items of food find safe place and eat till again your stomach is stuffed ( it gives both an indication in inventory and an on screen written message that your stuffed.

This can be done eating and drinking together but i find the best way is to take your fill of each indiviually as your stomach empties and then allows for the other to be filled into it ( do not keep eating drinking once you get the stuffed message or you will vomit wasting all your water and food in stomach...

ok my friend,nice helpfull info.

you will need to eat and drink till your stuffed and then in time you will get healing/healthy status and your screen will get colour again ..

Just to clarify; you don't need to eat until you are stuffed for the healing status to become active. Not that is does any harm..but getting the stuffed notification is not a prerequisite to healing (replenishing blood). Eat & drink until you see the 'healing' status.. (& the energised & hydrated status).. when you are healthy again you will get a 'healthy' status.

Find plenty of food and drink and alternate ingesting the two until you are full, Once it says you are full you should get the healing indicator come up in your inventory. That's the sign that your Blood and Health level is starting to go up on it's own.

If your character is making any random noises as you go about then you are at risk of becoming sick from your wounds. Try and use the Alcohol Tincture on your wounds along with painkillers to help get rid of it. If the message comes up after that your "wounds are cleaner now" or something along the lines of "my wounds feel better" then you're well on your way to getting your colour back.

I found that regularly cleaning my wounds until the bottle was empty (say over a 30 minute period) on top of staying nourished helped my character along allot quicker than just following one course of action.

And welcome to DayZ.

Edited by =FOX= Damocles
  • Like 1

Just to clarify; you don't need to eat until you are stuffed for the healing status to become active. Not that is does any harm..but getting the stuffed notification is not a prerequisite to healing (replenishing blood). Eat & drink until you see the 'healing' status.. (& the energised & hydrated status).. when you are healthy again you will get a 'healthy' status.

yeah your right there but with a new guy kinda hard to explain so i figured if he did till stuffed he would get to a nice level that will keep him healthy and going for longer should have mentioned after that he can just eat drink bits here and there to keep a nice level going lol..

Greetings new player! The link I believe SoulFirez was after, is probably this one, by TMW Merino

His channel has a lot of helpful videos about medical, health and healing in DayZ, should be just what you need to keep yourself healthy out there.

• Like 1

Find plenty of food and drink and alternate ingesting the two until you are full, Once it says you are full you should get the healing indicator come up in your inventory. That's the sign that your Blood and Health level is starting to go up on it's own.

If your character is making any random noises as you go about then you are at risk of becoming sick from your wounds. Try and use the Alcohol Tincture on your wounds along with painkillers to help get rid of it. If the message comes up after that your "wounds are cleaner now" or something along the lines of "my wounds feel better" then you're well on your way to getting your colour back.

I found that regularly cleaning my wounds until the bottle was empty (say over a 30 minute period) on top of staying nourished helped my character along allot quicker than just following one course of action.

And welcome to DayZ.

Greetings new player! The link I believe SoulFirez was after, is probably this one, by TMW Merino

His channel has a lot of helpful videos about medical, health and healing in DayZ, should be just what you need to keep yourself healthy out there.

Google FTW!

thank you for the information my friends.  :)

Edited by Jeffreyson84

sorry sir,im new at here & new to dayz sa.

Don't worry about it bud, don't mind the forum sheriffs. If it were up to them no one would ever post anything, and we wouldn't have a forum. Discouraging new players is a great way to build a long-lasting game.

ANYWAY...

When your screen is gray, that means you are low on blood. The easiest way to restore lost blood is by eating and drinking. With a bag of rice and a fountain, you can go from a gray screen to a colorful screen in no time! I personally find that rice and powdered milk are the best ways to energize yourself. But be careful, eating these foods will lower your hydration level. Always be sure to have a source of water nearby when consuming them. Beans, sardines, tuna, spaghetti and anything else you find will restore blood as well, just not as quickly.

Your other option is to use a Saline Bag IV or a Blood Bag IV. These both require another player to apply to you.

Good luck!

• Like 1

While we're at it, I've noticed my vision goes blurry if I take hits off zombies. I don't lose colour - just sharpness.

Is this part of the same injury mechanics? Because I've discovered I can fix it instantly by entering the graphics settings menu, then returning to the game.

Losing colour = blood loss, losing sharpness = health loss. You can remove the blurriness permanently by turning Post Processing off, but be aware you would be effectively turning off your health meter by doing so.