Sign in to follow this  
capt. beefsteak

It's far to easy to survive, the challenge...

This game is easy to survive. It's to easy to avoid other players, so I'm going to tell you in my opinion what the real challenge is.

Taking down other clans/groups, killing other people for gear, hunting single players or 2 man squads solo. Taking the group into electro and seeing just how long you can hold a point of interest. Moving strategically to get the vantage points and choke points on this map.

Those who damn this type of play style can go sit up north and read a book on a hill, even though that's the easy way out. I say this to hold off the flame war's here, as stated this is my opinion.

• Like 2

inb4 I don't see what this thread is for

well he pretty clearly stated his position on the topic...

did you even read it?

The first statement sums up whats wrong with dayz, its a survival game, where its too easy to survive.

• Like 4

The first statement sums up whats wrong with dayz, its a survival game, where its too easy to survive.

Which is easily defended with: Alpha has been out for 2 months.

Regardless of what you think it is still a game that is in alpha and that's not an opinion that's a fact.

Edited by LeChat

...everything is subject to change. Soon the survival aspect will be so relentlessly tough that these forums will be full of people whining and begging R to make it easier. Remember, his stated inspiration for DayZ was his experience of almost starving during military training.....the pain is coming.

• Like 1

Which is easily defended with: Alpha has been out for 2 months.

Regardless of what you think it is still a game that is in alpha and that's not an opinion that's a fact.

See I understand its alpha but here's the thing, i have been around for awhile, I played the mod at launch, I played all of 2012.

Guess what, it never changed from an open world deathmatch it has ALWAYS been easy to survive, ALWAYS until I hear of future plans or see implementation of mechanics that counter that point I ain't holding my breath.

...everything is subject to change. Soon the survival aspect will be so relentlessly tough that these forums will be full of people whining and begging R to make it easier. Remember, his stated inspiration for DayZ was his experience of almost starving during military training.....the pain is coming.

yes I do hope that is true, I also hope it isn't broken hard though; by that i mean like what i see on some experimental servers.

Super long restarts

No loot

Half the buildings loot spawns not working

No way to self sustain

They shouldn't even be worrying about server hopping, and making the game hard until survival isn't solely loot based.

When they bring out hunting and living off the land such as that sure, bring on the daily restarts and almost no loot but until then I wish they wouldn't focus on preventing the over looters, (which is what it feels like with the recent changes).

Its actually an early access alpha. Look forward to the game in about 12 months.

I would also agree that the most interesting parts of the alpha currently are when two groups are looking for trouble and find each-other. However using the gear in a slightly more unconventional way is even more rewarding. Noobie saver. Policeman, Medic, all offer a lot of game-play in addition to the 'find weapons kill people'.

yes I do hope that is true, I also hope it isn't broken hard though; by that i mean like what i see on some experimental servers.

Super long restarts

No loot

Half the buildings loot spawns not working

No way to self sustain

They shouldn't even be worrying about server hopping, and making the game hard until survival isn't solely loot based.

When they bring out hunting and living off the land such as that sure, bring on the daily restarts and almost no loot but until then I wish they wouldn't focus on preventing the over looters, (which is what it feels like with the recent changes).

I was running around in a 64 man server that was halfway from restarting again. I was with 7 people. We geared up 5 of them from head to toe in about one hour. I truly do not understand how people think there is so little loot. If you have not walked for at least 45 minutes, minimum AWAY from the coast, your doing it wrong.

Becoming a war in here...

If he thinks game is "easy gg" let him think that

Each to their own!!

What i would like to witness is how he plays it

I was running around in a 64 man server that was halfway from restarting again. I was with 7 people. We geared up 5 of them from head to toe in about one hour. I truly do not understand how people think there is so little loot. If you have not walked for at least 45 minutes, minimum AWAY from the coast, your doing it wrong.

45 minutes? Where are you running, the border? The first inland town with a piano house is usually good enough to get a melee, some food, and water. Sometimes even a gun. I would classify the current not-yet-a-game as ridiculously easy once you learn the basics of navigation.

Why couldn't this have been a general "how to feasibly make the game more challenging" thread, since this side of the game is yet to be overhauled/finished? Isn't this literally the best time to be hashing out ideas? I say, put in some form of authentic weapon zeroing (horizontal and vertical adjustments, and you have to waste a few rounds to do it), at least on the MILSPEC stuff. That should separate the lazy, over-equipped and bored bandits from people that actually make the game more fun, without making handguns and shotgun even weaker. With promised rarer ammo and weapon spawns, this would completely break the rapid ascent up the gear ladder.

Also, it'd be hilarious to see people stream onto the forums to whine about the "broken" accuracy on their favorite weapon. At least, the first couple of times...

The devs will know its easy.....we can't pass judgement on how easy/hard it is at this point because its so incomplete. All the devs plans to make it harder aint even in yet lol But with the next patch we will see rain effecting our ability to survive, so 2 months in and we already getting a big new feature to help with this. Patience people, let them get there stuff in...balance it....then decide :)

As for all the peeps saying they can gear in next to no time, theres a big something from the mod that isn't even in yet, and will help with that....2 words......junk loot ;)