xXDreadSaintXx

Why did I lose all my gear!

What the hell! I was playing for a couple of hours on that character and I had some really good loot, and I had just scavenged a fire station.

I exited to the lobby so that I could go grab some breakfast. When I came back and entered a different server it started me off at a new spawn!!

I know I did not die, so why did it respawn me!! I had decent gear with a lot of food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was one of the servers hardcore? are you sure you were alone when you logged? i cant think of anything else immediately, sorry friend. I wish you the best of luck re-gearing... thats half the fun!

You were killed by a zombie or survivor, end of story. Time to start running off the coast and making a break for NWAF and all its loot.

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 1

Logout timer. Your character stays logged in and sits on the ground for 30s when you log out. It's to tackle combat logging.

Seems you were found and killed. More fool you for logging out in a fire station really. Also, this is DayZ; don't get attached to your shit, because you WILL lose it.

• Like 1

I was the only person in the server, it was night time so I stayed in a fire station in the upper part of the building. Logged out to get some breakfast, came back on to a diff server and I was reset.

I normally join normal servers rather than hardcore.

I was mad because I finally gathered enough food and decent gear to make the trip up to the military base.

Edited by xXDreadSaintXx

For your next char do a quick sweep of elektro (the 2 fire stations and the office building) then just head north ul get alot more food from the smaller towns on your way.

• Like 1

maybe you played on a private hive server. it´s not compatible to the official hive.

Be a man and play high pop servers and dont just loot empty servers like a pus ;)

I think there is no private hives yet.

• Like 1

I started a new one and its a mid population server. I've found pretty good loot from the bigger towns and barns on my way to the military base. I've run into one other player and they were friendly.

• Like 2

This happened to me plenty of times, just log out and get another server, and you get your gear back. It's a glitch, has nothing to do with hard core server.

• Like 1

Be a man and play high pop servers and dont just loot empty servers like a pus ;)

I think there is no private hives yet.

there are server with own hive, connected often on a server and start as new spawn (no hardcore 3p on) log out go on one with official name and have my old char. the servers have the same name with continuous number (dont remember the name).

Edited by MrNobody82

I was the only person in the server, it was night time so I stayed in a fire station in the upper part of the building. Logged out to get some breakfast, came back on to a diff server and I was reset.

I normally join normal servers rather than hardcore.

I was mad because I finally gathered enough food and decent gear to make the trip up to the military base.

Honestly you are awfully ambitious to go to a military base. Most likely to look for weapons to kill other players, when you are posting a thread like this.

Couple notes for you. Its generally a bad idea to log out in a town. Its an even worse idea to log out in a building, you can sometimes bug through the floor. Servers with heavily custom names may not be configured properly and delete your character. There are currently 4 separate characters you can have. In each game mode you can have one character, hardcore or regular, there are two server branches experimental and regular. There is a 30 second logout timer after you hit escape. You can be killed by zombies or players during that time even though you have left the game.

Just see it as an experience and move on.

The first time i lost a character that actually had decent loot, i almost felt like someone had set me free. I was too concerned about losing my gear to enjoy the game.

Since then i've learnt that its fairly easy to hoard loot and hide in the wilderness, but its not really that fun at this stage in the game. The best thing to do is to get back out there and explore.