Sign in to follow this  
Mondodo

Are there player interactions that aren't allowed?

After experiencing awesome and sometimes horrific player interactions I started to wonder if there are stuff you can't say to people without risking a ban?
Can you be as racist as you want? If I capture a woman can I roleplay some rape?

Theres "stuff", but you will only get banned from cheating :)

This is taken from the Hosting Rules and is the only legitimate reason to kick people:

• You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

So basicly, if people are racists, if you "RP a rape" lol... :)
Thoose would fall under verbaly abusive, but tbh its a blurred line.

Theres no written rules, explaining exactly whats allowed and whats not, so its really up to the Admin and the person being "abused", to figure out if it really is abusive.

• Like 1

If I capture a woman can I roleplay some rape?

Wow... Just.. Wow..

Any server you try that has an admin that's a decent human being will Kickspam you..

Edited by Preach
  • Like 1

After experiencing awesome and sometimes horrific player interactions I started to wonder if there are stuff you can't say to people without risking a ban?

Can you be as racist as you want? If I capture a woman can I roleplay some rape?

:thumbsup:

Wow... Just.. Wow..

Any server you try that has an admin that's a decent human being will ban hammer you..

Correction, he will kick :)

As he isnt allowed to ban, only BE/VAC is allowed to ban.

I see no where in the rules, where it states server admins are allowed to ban anything.

Correction, he will kick :)

As he isnt allowed to ban, only BE/VAC is allowed to ban.

I see no where in the rules, where it states server admins are allowed to ban anything.

Fixed. <3

Also, It's a rather disgusting hypothetical question, You couldn't think of ANY thing else to use as an example? Nothing?

• Like 1

I don't think the game devs or server moderators are going to punish you for playing however you want to play assuming you aren't cheating...

...but then the question begging to be asked is, "Why would you want to?"

If you do want to, I strongly recommend you seek professional help in real life, and with a quickness, as you may be suffering from a serious and potentially dangerous personality disorder.

Raping in a videogame, when rape isn't accepted nor implemented in the videogaming scene nowadays, feels really empty, virtual, unsatisfying and robotic as much realistic the game is. Besides it's not worth it. You're both sitting behind the screen in a nice chair.

It's dumb, I wouldn't even waste my time trying such a thing.

We must assume we are allowed to do "wierd" stuff in this game, simply because of the way the game promotes it.
We got handcuffs, to imobilize people, we can kill people from afar, we can force feed them rotten fruit and watch them die slowly.... you get my point :)

DayZ encourages player interactions, and since we dont have purely "good" interaction tools, we must asume the devs wants all kinds of interactions.
I would suggest not being racists though, its never a good idea in any game tbh.

And perhaps stay away from "RP'ing a rape", but tbh nothing is stopping you from doing it.

People act as if rape doesn't happen in real-life scenarios similar to this game's setting.  Implicating that OP is a closet rapist for wanting to RP a rape is some crackpot psychology, too.

Not saying rape is positive or anything, but within the context of DayZ it would not be a traumatizing experience and it is reasonably realistic.  Again, not advocating a rape feature; just think this dude is allowed to roleplay how he chooses so long as it doesn't seep into his actual life (which I strongly doubt would happen).

Raping in a videogame, when rape isn't accepted nor implemented in the videogaming scene nowadays, feels really empty, virtual, unsatisfying and robotic as much realistic the game is. Besides it's not worth it. You're both sitting behind the screen in a nice chair.

Yes i suppose it is dump....behind a screen....all virtual.....

No offence,but i have a hunch that you are actually implying to rape somebody in reality is the real deal.

Two words: trauma trigger

You can argue that it is a computer game, that it's not real, that it is rp-lolololol - all day, but the fact of the matter is: you still have no idea who is behind the screen and what that person has gone through and triggers are involuntary. If you're actually looking to RP, you'd probably already know that in RP communities these things are first handled OOC - to make sure that it is okay for all participants. Not all people are playing this for RP so not all people are IC when they play. From what I've seen there's just two RP servers about.

So you're the guy who's been KoSing all the dudes in camo yarmulkes.

Guys, can we stop the focus on "virtual rape" and talk about the general question the OP asked?
We wont get a "rape feature" anyway lol. This is purely a hypotetical question.

What are your oppinions on player interactions?
Should it have "rules"?

Should it be "limited"?

Should we be able to do what ever we want? However nasty that may be for some people.

Yes i suppose it is dump....behind a screen....all virtual.....

No offence,but i have a hunch that you are actually implying to rape somebody in reality is the real deal.

No, I don't support rape in any way. Real life rape should be punished and the criminals should be tested on, instead of animals.

So you're the guy who's been KoSing all the dudes in camo yarmulkes.

What the fuck are they doing in Russia in the first place?

Theres "stuff", but you will only get banned from cheating :)

This is taken from the Hosting Rules and is the only legitimate reason to kick people:

• You can kick if players are being verbally abusive or abusing ingame bugs to gain an ingame advantage.

So basicly, if people are racists, if you "RP a rape" lol... :)

Thoose would fall under verbaly abusive, but tbh its a blurred line.

Theres no written rules, explaining exactly whats allowed and whats not, so its really up to the Admin and the person being "abused", to figure out if it really is abusive.

I don't think roleplay is covered under "verbally abusive".

I'm not even sure where it would be considered an out of game verbal abuse, i mean if on global chat then yeah screaming insults could be considered verbal abuse. But in local? I don't really know.

People act as if rape doesn't happen in real-life scenarios similar to this game's setting.  Implicating that OP is a closet rapist for wanting to RP a rape is some crackpot psychology, too.

Not saying rape is positive or anything, but within the context of DayZ it would not be a traumatizing experience and it is reasonably realistic.  Again, not advocating a rape feature; just think this dude is allowed to roleplay how he chooses so long as it doesn't seep into his actual life (which I strongly doubt would happen).

Nobody is acting like it doesn't happen in real life. But if you have a desire to role-play a rape in a video game the odds are you're probably a fucking sociopath. It's not crackpot psychology. Stop hiding behind the realism argument. Fact is, this is a video game and many of the people who play this game are teenage boys, and it's wholly probable that many of them would act out their rape fantasies in game, and it does indeed say a lot about their true character. Anonymity allows people to express their normally inhibited desires.. and as I said in my post: If your inhibited desire is to rape people, you probably need psychological help before you hurt someone in real life. This isn't a joke or an insult.. I'm being serious.

Furthermore, read this:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

• Like 3

Guys, can we stop the focus on "virtual rape" and talk about the general question the OP asked?

We wont get a "rape feature" anyway lol. This is purely a hypotetical question.

What are your oppinions on player interactions?

Should it have "rules"?

Should it be "limited"?

Should we be able to do what ever we want? However nasty that may be for some people.

An individual's code of conduct is just a sum of unwritten "laws" if you may,that render him as a civilized beign.

Curently at this era,we all have free will but the public opinion will critisize things such as racism and raping.From my behalf

you are absolutely free to act as you wish,even beign an uncivillized brute.Yet there are always red lines,when you act superior against other peoples's weakneses.

It's all fun and games,until....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

I'm a male and i've been 'sexually harrased' in the game, using the term loosely, several times, every time someone handcuffs you, takes your pans off and such it's quite obvious whats implied there, i've got even people go like "huh yeah suck it, you're a good boy" and stuff like that. I take it as part of the game since it's a post apocaliptic place in wich the worst monster you can encounter are humans willing to kill you for no reason at all, i've seen dozens on threads defending killing on sight and even going to the coast to kill other humans (dehumanized previously by calling 'em "freshies") for sport.

But when suddenly someone talks about do all this been done to a female player... Everyone looses their mind, grow the fuck up, if you suddenly have issues with this kind of stuff only 'cause they're been done to a female player you're the one that have mental issues, first, because we all are equal in rights, second, this is a postapocaliptic game oriented to mature audiences, and third because 'fuck you'.

It's rather stupid that in a game where you can kill each other torture and such, they tell us not to imply rapish speech, or racism, i don't do it, i don't like it but i take it as part of the game, if you can't see the difference between reality and fiction you're the one with problems and shouldnt be playing this or any game 'till you are threated.

I also think that the access to this game should be restricted to underaged players, you're under 18 on your steam account, you can't start the game.

Let morality sort itsel out ingame, you dont like rapists HUNT THEM DOWN, you dont like racists HUNT THEM DOWN, you dont like maniacal killers HUNT... THEM... DOWN...

TL;DR - Kill for no reason is ok, imply rape or torture of a male is ok (handcuff+yeah suck it+you're a good boy), on females is a no no, also racism is not allowed... FUCK YOU!

Edited by BrainlessZombie
  • Like 1

No, I don't support rape in any way. Real life rape should be punished and the criminals should be tested on, instead of animals.

What the fuck are they doing in Russia in the first place?

A skinhead who's never heard of Russian Jews?