Sign in to follow this  
macisbetter

Is it funner by your self or with someone?

Hi i thought i would bring up this topic that is it funner to play with a friend or by your self. I personally find it better with a friend especially when you are traveling far distances. So post your opinion. (:

Traveling with a friend would be the ideal course of action.On the downside you may have to share your gear,so that means less gear for you,but he can get you out of hairy situations like bandits/broken legs etc.It's also better to have a person to talk to,someone that actually gives a damn.But beware,choose your friends wisely,because some will shoot you in the back.

Traveling with a friend would be the ideal course of action.On the downside you may have to share your gear,so that means less gear for you,but he can get you out of hairy situations like bandits/broken legs etc.It's also better to have a person to talk to,someone that actually gives a damn.But beware,choose your friends wisely,because some will shoot you in the back.

More fun with another player (although solo does have its fun and tension) sharing gear not really a problem with current loot levels specially if you choose different weapons as there found so not struggling for ammo..

I would never team up and play DayZ with someone who I didn't know in real life, too many asshats and douchebags on this game.

Edited by HunterJay

I prefer by myself because when I am with my friends... they tend to me on the more badnit to KoS side and I can't even kill someone that deserves it without feeling bad afterwards. Don't get me wrong I will shoot if you shoot but I really try to avoid actualy fighting if possible. One thing I hate is when people think you're bluffing when you say you have friends watching us and won't tell them where your friends are positioned. They shoot you just to be killed seconds after.

Honestly I really wish DayZ was friendly but I find it easiest to be friendly when by yourself. However I also find bandits are more hostile if you have military clothing so I stick to checkered shirts cowboy hats, any pants, and a chest holster. Bacpack is usually the hunter or mountain but prefer the hunter to look like I have less loot to take.

• Like 1

For me I prefer solo-play - being a survivor in the lands of Chernarus, moving from settlement to settlement to find what I need to carry on, living with the tension of knowing that I have no back-up or assistance or, should I have limited inventory space, that I just have to leave kit behind sometimes. It's just what I prefer.

• Like 1

i enjoy playing with 1-2 people. More then that I find it hard to get anything done because everyone wants to do their own thing and nobody shuts up long enough in TS to call out targets or hear if someone is near us.

I don't have friends that play (yet) so i find it fun to play by myself.

I either like to roam solo, or with tiny well-knit squads. Maybe 2 or three people. Big squads are hard to organize and manage, and become far less personal than a group of friends.

The best part about playing with friends is that someone is covering me when I go to sip my coffee >.>

I think over all I prefer solo though. Mostly because I like to travel at my own pace.

Being solo is more intense since you got only one pair of eyes to look out. With a friend/group, is not tha much as you know you got someone to watch your back, but the derpiness and the stupidity that occurs,is hilarious

I'm running solo, but that's mainly because my bf doesn't like DayZ for some strange reason and none of my friends seem to play computer games (well they do, just not the ones I play apparently).

It is definitely best with 1-2 other friend since when you get to 3+ you end up doing head counts more than anything lol.

I'm currently running solo in Dayz as none of my friends are playing this game...

So I can't tell you if it's more fun to run with a friend or a random player because I've done neither yet...

I can tell you it's like being aboard the nervous express playing solo once you have geared up abit...

I'm a member of a very large Clan, which is a blast because of the fun times we have with one another.

But I must admit that when it comes down to it, I prefer groups no larger than 5, so that communication doesn't become hectic when we spot contacts or we're in a firefight.

My microphone is broken just now and I've made no attempt to get a new one (I only ever use it for DayZ, tbh) so I'm playing solo just now and people I meet I tell them I have no mic if they ask to team up and decline the offer.

The one thing I would say though is that unless you are recording/broadcasting your stream some of the awesomeness that can happen in DayZ can end up being like that scene in Inception when they are all under and Yusuf is driving the van and it does a roll only to land the right way up, he turns to everyone saying, "Haha! did you see that..?"

Either situation is equally beneficial, I think.

When I know I have the time, I join my crew. There's usually about 6-7 of us at once. The TS chatter gets nice and ridiculous, and we act stupid, which is fun. Usually they get bored and want to hit an AF on a high-pop server for kicks. That's usually when some of us die. ;)

If I think I only have 30 min or so, I run solo. Much quieter, and I'm not using all 30 minutes trying to meet up with people.

Edited by sacrdandprofne

Hi i thought i would bring up this topic that is it funner to play with a friend or by your self. I personally find it better with a friend especially when you are traveling far distances. So post your opinion. (:

the best advice I've ever heard for DayZ in groups is as follows -

"Don't trust anyone you can't bitchslap in real life"

With the game as it is now, our team struggles to find goals. So for now we are all just split up doing our own thing. When base building and vehicles come in we will team up to do that stuff :)