Rudette

Hand Held Camera for Nightvision?

outlast_03.png

Saw a list on Reddit of potential recipes. One of them got me thinking about how effective this works in another game.
It sets a pretty terrifying ambiance in Outlast, and could serve as another use for our batteries!

Features:

*Short range civilian grade nightvision!
*Requires a battery(s)
*Can't hold a weapon when using it.
*A lootable alternative to our flashlights.
*Zoom function.
*When damaged the screen becomes cracked similarly to the scopes.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 11

I find this idea to my taste.Also good call on the Outlast picture.It is a brilliant example of the camera night vision use.

But some things must be in order.The first is the ability to zoom in/out and the other is for the zombies/animals eyes to glow while studying them from the lense of the camera.Also a low/high baterty hud like shown in the picture above is totally needed.

• Like 2

Pretty sure it's been suggested before, but still a sweet idea.  Night Vision with Binocs, add in a record function (audio and video) as well as tapes and this would be pretty sweet.  For when bases and the like are implemented you can scout out an rival base or area, record your findings and return with the tape back to your group to replay it.  Neat little alternative to Twitch/Fraps with a possibility to download the video footage to your hard drive for exporting.

• Like 3

Pretty sure it's been suggested before, but still a sweet idea.  Night Vision with Binocs, add in a record function (audio and video) as well as tapes and this would be pretty sweet.  For when bases and the like are implemented you can scout out an rival base or area, record your findings and return with the tape back to your group to replay it.  Neat little alternative to Twitch/Fraps with a possibility to download the video footage to your hard drive for exporting.

Yes you are right,it has been suggested before,but meh....

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/166983-sa-handy-video-cam-recording-night-vision-for-civilians/?hl=%2Bcamera+%2Bnight+%2Bvision

When bases are implemented CCTV System would be very cool.

A neat way to keep your base in check even from a distance.And spot possible intruders ;)

CCTV_01.jpg

When bases are implemented CCTV System would be very cool.

A neat way to keep your base in check even from a distance.And spot possible intruders ;)

CCTV? You will need a lot of batteries for that or you will have to rig up a solar panel system. They don't work on fresh air.

I like this idea, I'm always for civilian gear over military gear.

• Like 1

That would be neat. Or finding someone else's tape when you kill them like people are doing with notes!  Get some overly dramatic something someone pre-recorded to make you feel bad.. Or pre-recorded hate letters as the case may be >.>

• Like 1

Low-end (civilian) NV usually relies on an IR light source which is visible to high-end (military) NV from a considerable distance.

Even with an IR source, using a camera as an NV device would give you very limited viewing range.

Great idea, but it would need to implemented sensibly too avoid sniper duct-taping a camera onto their rifle and picking people off from hundreds of metres away at night.

• Like 2

Low-end (civilian) NV usually relies on an IR light source which is visible to high-end (military) NV from a considerable distance.

Even with an IR source, using a camera as an NV device would give you very limited viewing range.

Great idea, but it would need to implemented sensibly too avoid sniper duct-taping a camera onto their rifle and picking people off from hundreds of metres away at night.

True!

I agree that this has been suggested a few times before - one time I swear I even saw a Dev say what a good idea it was.  Just woke up, so too lazy to find link sorry.  I will however add this to my list:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/170636-master-list-of-equipable-items-the-community-wants-in-the-game/

outlast_03.png

Saw a list on Reddit of potential recipes. One of them got me thinking about how effective this works in another game.

It sets a pretty terrifying ambiance in Outlast, and could serve as another use for our batteries!

Features:

*Short range civilian grade nightvision!

*Requires a battery(s)

*Can't hold a weapon when using it.

*A lootable alternative to our flashlights.

*Zoom function.

*When damaged the screen becomes cracked similarly to the scopes.

I like it, but we should be able to hold a weapon like knife, screwdriver, machete and shit like that...even with the flashlights

• Like 2