Sign in to follow this  
crazykage

It just occured to me: We are all playing HUNGER GAMES!

Consider:

Huge arena filled with dangerous traps (zombies, ladders, wall clipping, desynch deaths, etc).

Scattered about are weapons and food.

Contestants all enter the arena from pre determined points. They enter unarmed, hungry, and thirsty.

Brutality is evident everywhere.

Some players refuse to kill others unless in self defense (some not even then), and team up with others who feel the same way.

Most players will kill other players willingly, and some form alliances to better there chances of success (the careers).

We've even got a master of the game in the form of Dean hall, directing his team of developers to change and alter the game and its rules as we play it, all while watching us do so....

• Like 3

If I hear this ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME, I'm going to be mildly annoyed.

(I know it isn't logical thinking, but I see hunger games as the new twilight.)

*shudders hearing the word twilight, and not just because of the movie...*

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 4

Oooooh, i sense a nerve!

*makes mental note to leave scraps of paper with "May the odds always be on your side" on corpses from here on*

• Like 1

Oooooh, i sense a nerve!

*makes mental note to leave scraps of paper with "May the odds always be on your side" on corpses from here on*

*doesn't loot corpses anyways so lol*

Oooooh, i sense a nerve!

actually, its "May the odds be EVER in your favor." (they never are).

• Like 1

I prefer to see it as Battle Royale where you actually have to find your weapons rather than having them given to you at the start.

• Like 5

AHEM.

Firstly, I apologize, but I have not once heard anyone make the same connection.

Secondly, twilight is utter garbage. Hunger games, while still a novel trilogy written specifically for the teen audience, is actually a very good story, complete with a rich history, complex present, believable characters that develop in interesting ways, a complex plot with good twists, and a moral that is relevant to the time in which it was written.

Thirdly, twilight is utter garbage.

• Like 2

I prefer to see it as Battle Royale where you actually have to find your weapons rather than having them given to you at the start.

Wrong.

In hunger games, the tributes are thrown into the arena with no weapons. They can make a run for the cornucopia and try to get one, but they risk becoming a casualty in the ensuing melee.

In battle royale, the children are all handed a duffel bag at the start, some of which contained weapons. Others had binoculars or something else potentially useful. One even had a crossbow.

HOLY SHIT i would play the fuck out of this type of dayz. they should do this.. make mandatory 2 hour games like "The Games Mode" 

It would be super easier to link up with a buddy on a map and have all the players spawn amongst each other in front of most of the weapons on the map.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN BOHEMIA. Ill donate a dollar if its done.

• Like 1

Hmmm if it is hunger games where is my fancy bloody feasts etc when do i get a chance to get a sponsor.... There are times i wish someone would drop down little handy things to survive..

Yeah its a teen movie/book series but it does have a pretty interesting story line minus the love story in it...

Secondly, ...Hunger games, while still a novel trilogy written specifically for the teen audience, is actually a very good story, complete with a rich history, complex present, believable characters that develop in interesting ways, a complex plot with good twists, and a moral that is relevant to the time in which it was written.

Fanboy, huh? I've just seen the movie yesterday, and must say it's a waste of time. Those two hours of my life I#ll never get back. It might've been an OK film, but unfortunately I've seen Battle Royale AND Running Man and Hunger games is just a weak crossover between those two. Believeable characters? Seriously? I haven't seen any. It's just that shallow entertainment that's used by America to suffocate the world in. Nothing more, nothing less. That's fine, as there is a market for this sort of stuff. Still doesn't mean it actually has those aspects you wish it has.

Just my two cents folks :) Don't rage

Hunger Games is a blatant rip off of Battle Royale.

*Dayz is a blatant rip off of Warz. Fixed.

Anything Z is a blatant rip off of MadMax crossover with Wasteland and Romero spiceups.

Such copycats !!!

* S. mode off *

Edited by Hethwill_Khan

Nah, this isn't like Hunger Games or Battle Royale at all.

When I play the game puts me most in mind of Caddyshack. I see lots of people running around with long stick like implements that they hit other people with in slapstick style, I've dressed my character to look like Chevy Chase, the rabbits look like gophers (If you squint. In the dark. And then imagine it) and occasionally something blows up.

HOLY SHIT i would play the fuck out of this type of dayz. they should do this.. make mandatory 2 hour games like "The Games Mode" 

It would be super easier to link up with a buddy on a map and have all the players spawn amongst each other in front of most of the weapons on the map.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN BOHEMIA. Ill donate a dollar if its done.

Check out the Battle royale DayZ mod for Arma 2.

Let's turn this into "The Long Walk" instead... so much better than BR and The Hunger Games (although I haven't read the bookseries of Hunger games, must do that someday).

Honestly? I find "The Hunger Games" to be a decent book, just like Twilight is (yes I have read both series and I found the read to be ok but not my thing. I only read Twilight as an attempt to be better at bagging it out. I mean seriously when did vampires start sparkling like fags?). However once you remove the love triangle Twilight is a story about a girl who moves to a town where it rains alot and The Hunger Games is a rip off of Battle Royale.

I like Battle Royale, therefore i kinda like The Hunger Games, I just think the whole love triangle thing is BS and the story could have been better without it.

Op just make an private hive and design a mod for standalone. I still want dayz to be pure survival in a zombie.

why not both? I would definitely try the DayZ/Hunger Games mod (provided it didnt fuck up my regular hive character lol)

I would love to be on a 100 slot + server where everyone started as a fresh spawn at the same time, would be absolute chaos on the coast.