colbykid

List of all players have this issue: Can't interact anything (Client doesn't update server load)

I want to list all of player have this issue:

CAN'T INTERACT ANYTHING (EAT, DRINK, PUT WEAPON OR SOMETHING ON HAND, OPEN/CLOSE DOOR...)

First we call it "High Desync" but Dean said it's not. I think and agree with him. Because if you desync is high, I think our friends won't see us. The point is: "Our client in computer doesn't update server load". So in our computer, we can't do anything but our friends still see us when we put weapon on hands.

I tried everything I know to fix but not work:

- Disable firewall (Wins, antivirus, router)

- Put computer in DMZ.

- Open port for Dayz and set some port in lauch option of Dayz.

- Edit regedit (TCPNoDelay, TcpAckFrequency).

- Don't use ammo box, first ads kit, protector case.

- My friends drop all ammo box, first ads kit, protector case while play with me.

This issue comes to me from 8/1/2014 till now. Sometimes It's happen little and still can play, sometimes 100% unplayable, sometimes it's good while I start play in a server but after 5-10 min, It happens. Now I can play for last 2 days and really tired of this issue.

My internet is good and I play other games very well (BF4, Arma 3, BF3...)

So if you guys, who get this problem and still not fixed, list your name under this topic. And if you have this issue but fixed, tell us your solution.

Please list your name under this topic if you have issue and can't fix. I hope if this topic have so many players who have this issue, Dean Hall will come here again and help us.

Edited by ColByKid

Happened to me too today or happens is perhaps a better way to put it.

But it appears that I can interact with some items, for instance I dropped my M4 before this happened or rather before I knew I couldn't interact.

So then I couldn't pick it up, so I tried salvaging the scope by putting it in my inventory which at first didn't seem to work so I tried relogging and see if

that would allow me to pick up my M4 again and then I had the scope in my inventory, albeit I had lost a protector case in the process - and I still couldn't pick up the M4 which was now

missing the scope.

There was a window when restarting the game where I could actually pick up my M4. Not sure if that was from desync or not though.

Edited by LeChat

Have you guys tried killing that current character??

I died so many times because of this issue. it still appears

Only 1 friend cause me this, whenever he geared up i will have it. He can see me run around open doors, but i dont see him. Fix is just him logging out of the vicinity or he dies. He gear up again and same problem arise. Another friend or players fully geared near me dont give me this problem :( weird sh*t.

Me, happens on and off, sometimes when I'm near a player/s and sometimes not, sometimes after picking up stuff up regardless of what it is and sometimes not. I don't know why it happens, but all I can be relied for now is anything stand off.

Have tha same thing today. It loads map, character, but do not load zombies, loot etc - cannot use anything and than got kicked from the server.

Btw, what port should be opened? I'm a newbie, soneed a little help with that.

Have tha same thing today. It loads map, character, but do not load zombies, loot etc - cannot use anything and than got kicked from the server.

Btw, what port should be opened? I'm a newbie, soneed a little help with that.

Yes, we should open port for every game we play online. I open some ports for Dayz but doesn't work

• Like 1

Yes, we should open port for every game we play online. I open some ports for Dayz but doesn't work

I mean, how do i do that?

I mean, how do i do that?

It's very hard for me to tell you on forums. You should ask your friends, who know how,

It's very hard for me to tell you on forums. You should ask your friends, who know how,

Maybe you can just tell me the list "to do" with some short steps?

You get the rubber band and bad sync condition WHEN someone with really bad connection tries to get into server.

It will affect everyone for a while until that person connection go timeout and then everything go well again.

Happens both in stable and experimental.

Next time it happens pay attention to the player list, there will be someone connecting, or someone with 10k desync.

ONLY when it is your connection ( check your desync value ) can you go through all that firewall, ports, etc

Both me and my friend have the same problem. It doesn't always happen and it doesn't matter if either of us has a protector case, first aid kit or an ammo box. This issue has always been there ever since we started playing and it's mostly only when we're near each other. Usually I get struck with it as soon as he logs in around me. I should mention that we live in the same place and our internet is being shared by others as well. What rocket said in the other thread it seems most likely to be a bandwidth issue (for us anyway) so optimizing the net code might help reduce it. 

What happens is that any players I see will just get stuck, either standing around or permanently moving in the same direction.

My friend can see me moving and gesturing perfectly well and everything i do at my end is sent to the server and the other players but I don't get anything back from the server.

The easiest way to notice it is by trying to interact with your inventory, right clicking for example will just say receiving... instead of bringing up the menu.

Moving items around won't have any effect until it ends or i relog, even picking up items won't show before that, though they do get picked up immediately on the server.

I don't know what else to say, it's a really annoying problem and have caused my death so many times. I hope Rocket and his crew can manage to reproduce it or else he's very welcome to come stay with us (we've got beer) while we show him. 

Edit: I don't think I've ever experienced rubber banding along with this issue. And I've stopped checking the desync value as it's just so random and doesn't feel like it has anything to do with this. 

Edited by Dolle

bumpity, this is literally the worst part about dayz right now

Edited by jackthedog

I also have this issue of not interacting with things like eating, choosing weapons or picking things up and it always appear when the yellow marker for connection shows so plz try to find a sulotion i know this si still alpha version and its still in working progress and yes very good job at the game so far the best game ever.

I have same on stable branch, less often times got it at exp branch (just few times, not sure its due same reason). Its high sync due too many pacs coming to you and your side treat it as hacker attack and block it for some time. Last time i waited 20 min till all back to normal.