Sign in to follow this  
TheStevieJ

SKS Is terrible, never use it.

This has happened every time I use the SKS.

About 15ft from the guy, he does not see me, I fire two rounds in the upper chest / head area, he does not drop what so ever. This gun is so weaksauce and pointless.

This has happened every time I use the SKS.

About 15ft from the guy, he does not see me, I fire two rounds in the upper chest / head area, he does not drop what so ever. This gun is so weaksauce and pointless.

Start using an M4A1 its no sniping weapon but you get close with this thing and there dead contrary to popular belief to what ppl say against it. Just need to find yourself some MP parts and its pretty good.

OR...

A bit of reading could save you terrible embarrassment.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/174313-when-is-weapon-damage-being-tweaked/

Anyway, as it is now, headshots or nothing, and even then could take two or more.

You and I obviously have different looks upon what 'terrible embarrassment' means, cause that I'm far from because of a post you linked.

Also Deathlove, problem with the M4 is its close range, as you stated. Close range combat is glitchy as hell, half the time you fire like 20 rounds into the guy, he drops a few seconds later and when he should be dead he still fires rounds back and you die aswell, not to mention the clipping through walls etc. I might just stick to using a mosin for now.

Edited by TheStevieJ

Also Deathlove, problem with the M4 is its close range, as you stated. Close range combat is glitchy as hell, half the time you fire like 20 rounds into the guy, he drops a few seconds later and when he should be dead he still fires rounds back and you die aswell, not to mention the clipping through walls etc. I might just stick to using a mosin for now.

I think your issues have little to do with the weapons and a lot to do with lag and desync.

I think your issues have little to do with the weapons and a lot to do with lag and desync.

The M4 Is to do with the games lag and desync, the sks is just terrible. Mosin can one hit knockout from a far range / kill, but in close range it cant xD Game is strange atm.

Head shots always ensure victory. M4 gives you the most headshot attempts in the least amount of time. M4 is the best weapon currently

The M4 Is to do with the games lag and desync, the sks is just terrible. Mosin can one hit knockout from a far range / kill, but in close range it cant xD Game is strange atm.

It is all very strange at present. I've hit someone 3 times at 5m with the Mosin before they've gone down and filled someone with half a 60 mag and then they've killed me. I've also killed someone with a 2 round burst from the M4 before. Alphers gonna alph.

Loot is acting like body armor at the moment. Fill your slots accordingly :)

BALLISTIC HELMET IN EVERY SLOT! GO!

• Like 2

I have only had good experience with SKS so far; and never did I have to shoot someone in the head a second time.

• Like 1

Last time I used the sks, I was in a tree-to-tree gunfight, he popped out to shoot me and I put 2 shots dead center of his chest from 10ft away and nothing. Then I got one-shotted by a pistol since he ran out of ammo for his SKS...

I was recording at the time, so I went back and watched the video. My aim was as perfect as could be, but the shots were hitting nowhere near my aim, off to the sides.

I stick to my Mosin from now on. M4 and SKS seems to be way too sketchy with accuracy, even when fully pristine :S

I have found the range and power of the SKS to be pretty great, I really like the gun.

I have found the range and power of the SKS to be pretty great, I really like the gun.

Agreed.

If you're not into the face-to-face 70m max battles, then SKS is your first step.

Until you find an LRS and decide to graduate to maxrange engagements on the mosin.

Edited by Wheunis

M4 kitted with MP parts and Acog good for Max 500/600M killed loads this way.

Or be 80m out and 90% of the M4 shots completely miss using the iron sights. And if one does hit, they just run off bleeding. The M4 is a rapid fire peashooter.

No thanks, I'll stick with the SKS and Mosin for now.

Edited by zaphodity

I've killed a lot of people with SKS, Mosin, M4, Python and FNX...the only thing I find "bad" is the sawed-off shotgun

Right now the SKS is probably the most commonly used gun on people i have come across...or people that had the misfortune to come across me.

I prefer the blaze for some odd reason, however. mainly because they won't pick it up half the time if someone kills me and it will still be there when i go back to my body, but something about it's stopping power and double-action awesomeness is just so sexy

But i would have to say the SKS right now is the most well rounded gun in the game in my opinion