Sign in to follow this  
joemcmama

Sleeper Servers

Sleeper Servers  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Dayz should implement SOME Sleeper servers

For all of you who do not know what Sleeper servers are: Sleeper servers cause your characters to go AFK and lie down after you disconnect, this will last until you get back onto the server.(hence the Sleeper part).

One game that has this is Rust, and I just wan't to know if their are others that want to see Some Dayz servers that could possible have this feature.  

I am not comparing this game to Rust in anyway I just like 1 feature of Rust that I think could make Dayz a little bit more immersive

Edited by joemcmama

For all of you who do not know what Sleeper servers are: Sleeper servers cause your characters to go AFK and lie down after you disconnect (hence the Sleeper part).

One game that has this is Rust, and I just wan't to know if their are others that want to see Some Dayz servers that could possible have this feature.  

Why not just flip a coin before you log-off for the night and Heads, you log off, Tails, you jump off a tall building and log-off?

Don't compare DayZ and Rust; DayZ (IN MY OPINION) is infinitely better than Rust. 

Also, Rust removed zombies so now it's a PvP survival game.

Therefore, the similarities between them have to slow down, because they are becoming more different. They're taking their own identity rather than copying the other.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 2

Why not just flip a coin before you log-off for the night and Heads, you log off, Tails, you jump off a tall building and log-off?

I do get your point, of course it will become very risky to log off, but I do not expect this feature to come out until their is some sort of base building first. I also think it would be cool that you would have to find a very safe place before you log out. 

And again I do not think every server should be like this. 

For all of you who do not know what Sleeper servers are: Sleeper servers cause your characters to go AFK and lie down after you disconnect (hence the Sleeper part).

I am not comparing this game to Rust in anyway I just like 1 feature of Rust that I think could make Dayz a little bit more immersive

I dunno, you mean like the 30 seconds we already do this for? 

If you were trying to make an actual suggestion, please be more clear. 

I dunno, you mean like the 30 seconds we already do this for? 

If you were trying to make an actual suggestion, please be more clear. 

How more clear can he be when he stated, "go AFK and lie down after you disconnect".  Meaning your character stays on the server sleeping until you log back on

It'd seem more efficient to just commit suicide every time you log off.

No place in Chernarus is THAT secluded.

I voted no why? i mean yes in real life you would need to sleep but you would find you would adapt a very light sleeping method that allows you to wake up at noises also you would gather people to stand guard while you sleep ( and when fighting starts you would wake up ).

Now you can say well make friends who will guard you um yeah ok they would need to be in different time zones to be playing while you sleep meaning bad pings you would sleep in much shorter shift sleeps. This is not really viable we have real lives to ..

We cant make or barricade safe places yet and again even when we can we would wake up if they were being broken into in real life with this we would not..

Basicly the arguement its realistic is if you look at it very un realistic. As ex military i have had to sleep in dangerous places situations its light sleep lol and its guarded sleep where i can wake and aid in returning fire with this i can not....

It'd seem more efficient to just commit suicide every time you log off.

No place in Chernarus is THAT secluded.

If it works in Rust,which is way way smaller, it can easily work in DayZ.  Problem is that characters would have to be tied to those servers and we all no the hoppers would have a conniption fit over that

For all of you who do not know what Sleeper servers are: Sleeper servers cause your characters to go AFK and lie down after you disconnect, this will last until you get back onto the server.(hence the Sleeper part).

Great idea once we can dig foxholes/tunnels/make shelters and fortifications

Hell no. I spend enough time gathering supplies and stuff each time I die (since I don't server hop). The world is nowhere near large enough, unless you do this on a sever that has a max population of 5 people at all times, you will most likely be dead every single time you log in. Also, people have lives.

Things come up, I have kids ect. I do not want to go run 45 mins into the middle of nowhere just to be able to log off and have the best chance of not being dead when I log back in. 

"Okay hunny let me just log off real fast, so 45 more mins please" 

More people would server hop, more people would KOS, more people would be douches. This is not rust, nor should it be compared to it. The idea is not even realistic. It would be like going into a coma every time you go to sleep irl. No way to wake up if you hear anything, feel anything, ect. 

How about our characters just die as soon as we log off?

Because that's what this suggestion essentially is. In real life, if you hear someone approaching from the woods around you, you can actually wake up and defend yourself. Also, in real life, you're awake for about 16 hours a day... In DayZ, people could log on anywhere between 10 minutes to 8+ hours.. So, not realistic.

The sleeper feature is by far the boldest idea thing rust brought to the survival genre. Yes please, even if it's just for a week :D

I would say a big ass NO for this being mandatory but if private hives wanna get into this when they come out I say go for it . I'd play it here and there when I'm really in the hardcore feel .

Some people could get into it like role playing , especially if they know they are only away for hours at most at a time (of course people would be choking on their food trying to get back to dayz to see if they're handcuffed naked beaten to death). It'd be like real sleeping and in theory can be a more immersive game for a small majority of gamers so if its easy enough I don't see why we shouldn't allow private hives to activate this feature if they want.

I could not stand having my character bound to one server for this.  Not because I do quick server-hopping, but because sometimes I just want to run around everywhere on a low-pop server looting without fear of being KoS'd and other times I just say "fuck it" and go onto a nearly-full server for some excitement.  In addition, I appreciate the public hive.  So many servers I played on mod would randomly die and never return.  Wouldn't be fun to lose characters with many hours invested into them (outside being killed obviously; not really fun, but part of the core gameplay).

Edited by Robotic Insecurity

And give you no ability to protect yourself if someone comes up to you?  That's just really, quite frankly, the dumbest idea I've ever read.

Like every other one here said: No. I think there is really no such place to hide where you are really save. The thing with the shelters is the same. Bet there will be an option to break/glitch into them. And dying without the option to do anyhing against it shouldnt be implemented into DayZ.

Edited by niNexo