Sign in to follow this  
KaiDekA

KOS WTF?

It's a non issue.   I've met plenty of people who are friendly or at least don't just kill on sight.  If everyone was friendly it would be boring.

I came across one situation where I ran up on an armed player looting a body while holding a new spawn at gunpoint.  He barked some orders at me to stand next to the other guy, who seemed a bit clueless.  Obviously the gunman could have killed me or the other guy at any time so I wasn't sure what his game was.  Having recently spawned myself and having no loot other than a baseball bat, I decided to play the crazed survivor.  Screaming "FOR JUSTICE!!!" I charged the gunman when he turned his attention to the dead body and swung my bat at him. 

The last thing I heard was "hey man...you all right?" followed by "yeah....what a fucking idiot!"

It will be a lot more fun when the zombies don't suck

I hate this, I've tried to play countless amounts of times.. and as soon as I reach a town to try to find some food and water.. boom shot in the back. Like good job.. I had nothing on me.. what exactly was the point?

• Like 1

So, how many times am I going to let someone KOS before I start shooting back?

I keep promising myself that I won't become one of these people but the more it happens the closer I am to thinking that perhaps there aren't actually many friendly people left.

I understand the game is about survival so to increase your chances an obvious move would be to take out other players. But guys can we not have some fun with it first? if you are going to kill me anyway at least degrade me first I mean where is the fun in just pulling a trigger? you have battlefield and Cod for that stuff. 

So if anyone is in a server with me (KaiDekA) and they happen to bump into me you have 2 options. Either become friendly as I usually am, unless I have had a pretty horrific night on the Z or option 2 do your worst but be creative. Make me strip, force feed me bleach, handcuff me and just swear at me Whatever it is make it a little more entertaining than just shooting me in the back. 

A special message to the people who I have bumped into a few times, the people who claim to be friendly and then just Kill you afterwards, nice one you have officially failed at life and I hope that you find happiness in your actions.

Oh and to the very few friendly and quite frankly hilarious people I have met while playing YOU HAVE MY BEANS

I wish I could take beans from posters. :T

I hate this, I've tried to play countless amounts of times.. and as soon as I reach a town to try to find some food and water.. boom shot in the back. Like good job.. I had nothing on me.. what exactly was the point?

What's the point of getting smacked to death by a zombie while looting? It is just an environmental hazard. Find a new strategy and you'll get some gear.

• Like 1

Don't give up hope. Remain friendly.

If you absolutely need to, head up north and be solitude. I know it's super boring and there's nothing to do there, but at least you can explore.

My advice to you, is to be more stealthy, use a microphone when you see someone, and if they don't reply... shoot him, he was planning to do it to you.

Never trust a man without a microphone.

• Like 1

Oh god cant wait for rocket to start turning down weapon and ammo spawns its going to be funny to see what the pure KOS players do when they have troubles finding all the guns and ammo. Hell they may have to interact (more likely go on suicide runs with fists melee or any improvised weapon they can but hey even that gives you a chance to talk to them before you or them go...

This is from a person who doesnt die often or easily my current life is 40 hours strong and going ( hey could die instantly next log in) i am a stalker spot you watch you see what you do engage convo from behind you and i got to say the amount of guys who just auto try turn to shoot funny really funny hell you might live more and KILL me more if you were smart enough to string a few words together...

I was just curious about you.  How are you so successful to buy 3500 dollar swords and 65 inch led tvs but you spent a lot of time playing video games?   

• Like 1

I love how you call people who shoot others during a SURVIVAL game, noobs.

Casual whiners like yourself is the reason why wow went downhill.

A special message to the people who I have bumped into a few times, the people who claim to be friendly and then just Kill you afterwards, nice one you have officially failed at life and I hope that you find happiness in your actions.

Comments such as this are what they do it for... they feed off the tears of the weak!

Just joined a "No KOS" server, died within 2 minutes. Awesome.

Just joined a "No KOS" server, died within 2 minutes. Awesome.

There is no such thing.

Those rules are not only against the terms of service, but trying to enforce them could get your server shutdown.

DayZ is what it is. Maybe over time less bad guys will be around coz of other stuff to do.

But a dedicated core of baddies like me... We never stop. This is our life and mission!

Kill everything but the roaches!

... You wouldnt believe the dirty jokes those roaches tell me while im hiding in the hills...

If you are on the coast, or near the coast, or at a military area, you are causing your own death.

If you do not control the situation, you cause your own death.

If you continue to believe people will not try to kill you, you cause your own death.

If you play smart, stay out of places like Electro, observe your surroundings, control situations, and dont take people at face value, you may just live.

• Like 1

If you are on the coast, or near the coast, or at a military area, you are causing your own death.

If you do not control the situation, you cause your own death.

If you continue to believe people will not try to kill you, you cause your own death.

If you play smart, stay out of places like Electro, observe your surroundings, control situations, and dont take people at face value, you may just live.

This x 1,000

1) Stay out of the deathmatch hotspots, or adopt a 'when in Rome' policy while in these places. I only KoS at military bases and suggest you do the same or stay away.

2) Be sneaky. Try not to be seen and always make sure you have the upper hand before talking to someone.

3) Trust no one. Say "hello", maybe trade some items and then both be on your way and make sure you aren't being followed. The longer you stay in someone's company the more time they have to shoot you in the back.

This x 1,000

1) Stay out of the deathmatch hotspots, or adopt a 'when in Rome' policy while in these places. I only KoS at military bases and suggest you do the same or stay away.

2) Be sneaky. Try not to be seen and always make sure you have the upper hand before talking to someone.

3) Trust no one. Say "hello", maybe trade some items and then both be on your way and make sure you aren't being followed. The longer you stay in someone's company the more time they have to shoot you in the back.

I wish to add a #4 on your behalf...

4) ALWAYS have a backup plan.

So, how many times am I going to let someone KOS before I start shooting back?

I keep promising myself that I won't become one of these people but the more it happens the closer I am to thinking that perhaps there aren't actually many friendly people left.

I understand the game is about survival so to increase your chances an obvious move would be to take out other players. But guys can we not have some fun with it first? if you are going to kill me anyway at least degrade me first I mean where is the fun in just pulling a trigger? you have battlefield and Cod for that stuff. 

So if anyone is in a server with me (KaiDekA) and they happen to bump into me you have 2 options. Either become friendly as I usually am, unless I have had a pretty horrific night on the Z or option 2 do your worst but be creative. Make me strip, force feed me bleach, handcuff me and just swear at me Whatever it is make it a little more entertaining than just shooting me in the back. 

Oh and to the very few friendly and quite frankly hilarious people I have met while playing YOU HAVE MY BEANS

Topkek/10 would read again.

When will people understand that until Zeds are a threat the  only thing to do in this game is kill people. Surviving has no rewards, neither does being a hero, a bandit, or a murderer(koser). And you can literally get geared in the blink of an eye, so in all reality you have nothing to lose or to gain but only to take pride in nothing you caused some unfortunate snap maybe an hour or so of his time when you kill them. 

Edited by Deity

When will people understand that until Zeds are a threat the  only thing to do in this game is kill zeds. Surviving has no rewards, neither does being a hero, a bandit, or a murderer(koser). And you can literally get geared in the blink of an eye, so in all reality you have nothing to lose or to gain but only to take pride in nothing you caused some unfortunate snap maybe an hour or so of his time when you kill them. 

Stop trying to survive Zeds.

Start trying to survive me.

Once you've done that and got the hang of it; I suggest having a direct go at me.

Bring friends.

Im not some badass tightshirt mofo. I just wish people would "grow up" into this whole lawless post-apocalyptic thing and bring their so-called justice to fruition.

Bring your laws to my doorstep and let the chips fall as they will.

The worst example was a few weeks ago at Vybor. 4 Guys came running through on their way to NWAF (prolly from the little mil.base a little south of Vybor.

I took the risk. I shot one down. You wanna guess what the other's did?

I'll save you the trouble: They stared at his corpse for three to five seconds, then combat logged almost at the exact same time.

They say there is no honor amongst thieves... its you law-folk that have no honor!

Easy, in order not to get killed without a chance to shoot back, you HAVE TO SHOOT FIRST.

Stop trying to survive Zeds.

Start trying to survive me.

Once you've done that and got the hang of it; I suggest having a direct go at me.

Bring friends.

Im not some badass tightshirt mofo. I just wish people would "grow up" into this whole lawless post-apocalyptic thing and bring their so-called justice to fruition.

Bring your laws to my doorstep and let the chips fall as they will.

The worst example was a few weeks ago at Vybor. 4 Guys came running through on their way to NWAF (prolly from the little mil.base a little south of Vybor.

I took the risk. I shot one down. You wanna guess what the other's did?

I'll save you the trouble: They stared at his corpse for three to five seconds, then combat logged almost at the exact same time.

They say there is no honor amongst thieves... its you law-folk that have no honor!

Hmmm I seemed to have missed type. Had a long day. What I meant to say the only other thing to do is kill players. 

this is survival GAME and part of fun of playing it is dying / killing PEOPLE

Hey so let me elaborate a little on the few experiences I am talking about.

Number one. I come up to the factory north of Dolina to see a fresh spawn running in with no weapon. I announce myself and come in behind him. I say don't worry I will help you take out the zombies man you don't have a weapon. So I draw my axe and start taking them out. 

He applauds and puts his thumb up. I explain that I am trying to help out a few new spawns in the busy servers as I really like the idea of doing this in the game. I say it's highly likely that there is a weapon and backpack here so once he is geared up a bit I will leave him be. I give him a tin of food and he eats it. Happy as can be. So I go round the corner to kill the zombies and the little P***K has only gone and got a wrench and repeatedly tried hitting me round the head with it only to miss. I of course got out my M4 and disposed of him.

Instance 2 north east airfield, I have no weapon drawn, I have no bandit gear on. I see a guy coming toward me round the front of the hanger I turn to run into the hanger then gradually peer out. No weapon drawn. Over direct comms he says "Put your hands up I am not going to shoot you I just want food" I put my hands up and say I have a few tins he is welcome to them. Before even getting to me bang dead.

I like to think he ruined my tins and starved to death.

See I completely agree with what some people are saying about being startled but I always make a point of announcing myself. To paraphrase the mighty Dolph Lundgren, If I die I die. But to me this game has always been more than just a massive deathmatch, I feel sorry for people who treat it that way because you are missing the much bigger picture.

Like the other day, I meet a guy in the North east airfield prison block, I call out friendly he does the same. After a few minutes of talking we decide that we can trust each other and he informs me that he was looking for sticks as his other mate had a broken leg, so I abandom my search for an acog sight and help them. Now I have both of them added on my steam list and I have like minded players to share the awesome experience with.

To me this game is all about survival and scavenging, I love how many new elements get added in if you only try and experience it different ways. Like when a few of us played together as new spawns but as there was not enough food to keep 3 new spawns healthy tension started to grow in our group and we had to all try and remain as fair as possible. 

This game will never be just a massive deathmatch this is a strategy survival fps or tps depending on preference, Notice SHOOTER will always be last in my list. 

You have to be allot stealthier in towns. Also camo is your best friend,

It's interesting to see how many ways there are to play this game. All coming back to my original point. I have no qualms with being killed the other day I lost a character I had kept alive for nearly a week. I had literally no problems with dying then because as pointed out once looted up the game becomes a countdown to death as there are no real threat from zombies etc. I have absolutely no problems dying, I just wish people would be more creative I want some of the crazy messed up situations I see in youtube videos to happen to me.

Right, all this talk has made me want to get into game and have some fun. Anyone out there who wants to play I usually end up in Meh gamingdeluxe server or our own server which is called Ronin. I will be heading to the North east base right now from fresh spawn. I will either see you and share a tin of beans or you will kos either way cya there

When will people understand that until Zeds are a threat the  only thing to do in this game is kill people. Surviving has no rewards, neither does being a hero, a bandit, or a murderer(koser). And you can literally get geared in the blink of an eye, so in all reality you have nothing to lose or to gain but only to take pride in nothing you caused some unfortunate snap maybe an hour or so of his time when you kill them. 

this is obviously not true as there is a massive amount of reports, threads and videos of people enjoying themselves massively and having general fun in the game without killing people.

i will defend the sociopathic killers in this game to the end, they make my game so much more tense and enjoyable, they make the friendly encounters so much more rewarding. if you kill because thats your playstyle, thats perfectly fine.

but if you kill because you are bored and have no idea what else to do, then you are just an unimaginative dumbfuck. then you are probably better off with a rail-shooter game that forces you to complete objectives. then you are a disgrace to all the players who kill on purpose.

• Like 2

this is obviously not true as there is a massive amount of reports, threads and videos of people enjoying themselves massively and having general fun in the game without killing people.

i will defend the sociopathic killers in this game to the end, they make my game so much more tense and enjoyable, they make the friendly encounters so much more rewarding. if you kill because thats your playstyle, thats perfectly fine.

but if you kill because you are bored and have no idea what else to do, then you are just an unimaginative dumbfuck. then you are probably better off with a rail-shooter game that forces you to complete objectives. then you are a disgrace to all the players who kill on purpose.

There we go that's what I was getting at :D

ill tell ya wat da point is, sweet. we used to only kill full equipped players. we tried to help freshies. freshies smacked us up with their axe while we gave them cover from bandits. the reason was our equipment they wanted. we had that now several times. but never it will happen in future.

yesterday we went to electro for some pvpfun. a freshy spotted us, runs towards us and we tell him do stay away. he dont listen and attacked us with his axe. my mate went down unconscious cause this sucker was pretty desync. as he started to attack me i hit him and he fell. i took my magnum to ensure he wont stand up again.

from now, we´ll shoot first and ask nothin later. we just claim their souls.

btw. gear up in hotspots like elektro makes u always a threat to all others. so ur on our deathlist as well as all equipped ppl too. we only found two foreign guys now in this game who we can trust and we met a lot of ppl..

Where were you?, What was your equipment?

Could you please clarify who this was aimed at? Sorry might sound funny of me, but I'm sure there are a few people who are unsure if this is aimed at them or what.

This was aimed at the OP of the thread. I want to see where he was.