so guys i just got arma combined operations (running on mac because im using bootcamp LOVE BOOTCAMP) so i kind of want to be a bandit just dont know how to start.

Any tips?

9qtxp51.png

• Like 1

Get a gun, kill people, its that simple.

9qtxp51.png

Thanks ill keep that in mind Brony

I guess if you just got the game you might need more tips...

-when you spawn go to a city and loot the supermarket for supplies, then the hospital for morphine and antibiotics

-then run North and loot deerstands

I never stay near the coast.

I guess if you just got the game you might need more tips...

-when you spawn go to a city and loot the supermarket for supplies, then the hospital for morphine and antibiotics

-then run North and loot deerstands

I never stay near the coast.

Thanks

damn I met a bandit today (for the first time:D)

so I spawned near elektro, went in for some loot (it was a low population server, so I thought who would kill someone with no gear), I found a toolbox and a lee enfield was heading towards the fire station. When arriving I heard a plane flying by, and when came closer it just flew above me (first time seeing a plane too, it was fun:P) and after that some gunshots by a bandit, judging by his scarf, but I think he was signaling for the plane. The gunshots attracted alot of zombies, and when they went after them I shot like 4 bullets after the guy, but I didn't hit him. I ran inside and he shot a whole round at me, but failed. I ran up the staircase and found an AKS74 with a whole magazine (my first full-automatic rifle, I was so excited:D) and I went prone with Z, and when he came up I started shooting him, but he shot me in the head instantly dying. It was a fun adventure :)

Hey, I was up in stary sobor at the military tents, heard shots. Found a guy, shot him with my enfield. He had an as50 with two 10 rnd mags and NVG's. I also have an ak with 2 mags as a secondary weapon. I have no clue what to do now and where to go with my AS. Any tips?

EDIT: Any help on how to use the mildots on the AS would be appreciated too.

Target's Height, times 1000, divided by the amount of mildots.

I am 100% sure of this except the last part. I sort of forget what specifically you divide.

Looks like bandits are getting the old bandit skin back.

48f6a8de6b161d56d991af3.png

• Like 1

Seems legit.

I was a bandit before, i remember, it was funny, but shooting that much people without reason was not that fun... unless i was with my group lol.

I was a bandit before, i remember, it was funny, but shooting that much people without reason was not that fun... unless i was with my group lol.

Meh, true, I killed five or six people tonight, it mostly wasn't that great, I got a nice head shot and pissed off some French people after killing four of their men but it was a bit boring, basically a turkey shoot for me since they had crappy weapons. A couple turned out not to even have any ammo which made me feel like a douche. (Edit: they killed me later with a few guys and some AS50s, blew up me and my car, credit due). I want to up my game though, random opportunistic kills aren't so fun.

After playing around in the editor I've suddenly developed a sudden sniper obsession :| I found great places to make 1700 meter shots and under ideal conditions I could hit someone with an M24 at 1,300-400 meters. Now that would be something worthwhile. ^_^

Three problems:

-damage: at 1400m an M24 is doing just over 2000 damage, needs to be a headshot to kill... that would be almost pure luck, otherwise I'd need a .50. I don't have a .50, and a .50 introduces other problems... a 1400m shot with an M24 is far more impressive than a 1400m shot with an AS50... damn, it zeroes to 1400 and more. Would need to up the range.

-lag, stuttering, low fps: I has it. Recording and high view distances emphasize it. Nuff said.

-view distance: Vanilla DayZ caps it at a measly 1600... I need 2500 view distance to see people at 1400m, and 5000 view distance to see them at 1700m. Find a server time?

Still, snipers are fun. Wind should make it more so.

Edited by Gews

Oh man, I had a fun run-in with a bandit clan... 6 tagged members online, more without tags... it didn't go well for me (at all) but it was damned exciting. :D

Bwaharharharhar, silly heroes. So, I was being hunted by this group of heroes. They had fairly decent gear, M4A1's and two DMRs. They'd been hunting me for five minutes, and eventually we ended up on a large road. I just went prone, looked down at the ground and waited them out. On the road.

They ran past me, thinking I was just a dead body. Then I popped up behind them, shot them in the back with my AKM and grabbed the loot.

Today was a good day.

48f6a8de6b161d56d991af3.png

Well, fuck. While I do like this outfit, it's not very good. People will kill simply to get the outfit now. We'll get way too many bandits if that comes back.

Well, fuck. While I do like this outfit, it's not very good. People will kill simply to get the outfit now. We'll get way too many bandits if that comes back.

As a matter of fact, this is very likely.

In fact, I guarantee it will happen, but it will only be in the beginning. There will be a week of madness but once the novelty wears off, it will balance out again. It's all about time

As a matter of fact, this is very likely.

In fact, I guarantee it will happen, but it will only be in the beginning. There will be a week of madness but once the novelty wears off, it will balance out again. It's all about time

Very well. I'll just have to sit through it, I guess.

The night before I came across a loaded camp and jacked the MI17 (heli), two atvs a UAZ and all the loot! Well, I hid everything in different places around the map and was riding the four wheeler down the east coast. I remembered on one bridge not to drive across full speed but forgot on the second bridge past the gas station. So I flip, don't die and go get my UAZ to tow it out but think to myself this might make a great trap since it looks really legit that someone might flip and leave an ATV there.

So I get on top of the quarry and log out. I log in and not 5 minutes later a white car comes screaming down the coast, passes the car and backs up. After running around his card he stops for one second and BAM- gets a perfectly placed AS50 to the dome.

Hilarity ensues as the guy accuses me of being a bad player and flipping my ATV, logging in and lucking out and finding him repairing it there. Another one bites the dust falling for the oldest trick in the bandit book.

[singing the Sentinels' (my clan) anthem]

Oh Sentinels. Oh Sentinels.

I pledge myself to thee.

To taaaake from those less woorthy.

To kiiiill those most deserving.

To fight to the last breath, live through the last test.

Ev'ryone knows we will wiiiiiiiiiiiin!

Oh Sentinels, oh Sentinels,

I pledge myself to thee!!!

Ahh. Banditing

Sometimes I find it more fun to just go into a town, guns blazing, just to kill, than to actually kill for need.

You get everyone mad at you, and if you survive, they can't do anything about it.

Nothing is more satisfying though than crashing a helicopter into a hugely populated area.

my bandit story: i was at balota with my cz 550 i'd recently picked up after killin my "team mate" with a makarov to the head when i spotted a guy on the act with a m24 so picked him off quickly, then on my wway out spotted another up there with a dmr! so i got rid of him, i then camped at the deer stand at that medic base picking fresh spawn after fresh spawn it was a great experience then i get over run by zombies but thats another storie...

Just had a fantasic game! Let this story start with a bang! Right off the bat I was being shot at I knew i had to get into the brush to even have a moment to gather my thoughts and plan how to proceed. After a dash to the tree line with bullets flying past me every few moments I make it into the woods. Taking note I know my shooter will be coming after me I deside to quickly look for landmarks to identify my surroundings. I'm at Electro (no shocker I was being shot at). I have no wepons no equipment of any kind to defend myself so I leave the city and forest quickly and travel to Cherino. I then see my Shooter had been following me almost the entire way and know I will not lose him. With no hope of making it I deside bluffing is my only chance. I hide in some long grass wait till he gets closer and closer and closer..... Finally when he is close enought to hear me in direct chat I yell FREEZE!!!! he stops moving .... quickly looks around.... I say only 1 chance or the 5 of us will shoot u dead .... Drop the gun and back pack and back away slowly.... He doesnt move for a moment .... im 10 feet away ..... he drops the gun his bag says hes friendly (we know thats a lie) and starts backing off.... when hes far enough that I can snag his gun without him getting to it before me i stand up he relizes it was a bluff comes running at me with an axe .... he was closer then i thought ... I get the gun only have 1 shot left .... I aim hes 2 feet from me .... I shoot! BAM! (Frenzy'd BoB was killed) Moments like these are few and far between in video games. Where the interaction with people can have any number of outcomes where it lies compleltly on self thought and the idea that u must survive. Great work and u have a huge supporter here keep it up!

Of all the people I've met in-game, three have been friendly. There is an abundance of bandits with few heroes.

use it however you want... mildots are mainly used for rangefinding... very useful on the as50 because you can actually zero the damn thing. Anyway, the basic calculation is the height of the object ( in arma, a human is 1.8 meters tall), times 1000 divided by the height in mildots. So an example... let's say we have a target running across a field. He's 1.8 meters tall * 1000 is 1800. Next, put the horizontal line on his feet and measure how many mildots it is to his head.. lets just say 2.2. In arma, you can normally round things down when the target is at a reasonable difference, so we'll just round to 2 mildots. 1800/2 is 900 meters. Since he was a little bit taller than 2, we know he's a little less than 900 meters away. Now you can zero your scope to 900 meters, aim a little below center mass (DON'T go for headshots, as50 is a 1shot anywhere on the body), account for how he's moving, and shoot.

thank you, i finally understand why I am missing with my rifle!

[NAMALSK]

Our bandit group got hit pretty bad after a clan and some other people assaulted us with.. helicopters? That's right. I counted in total five helicopters. We were stationed ontop of a garage building in a custom city on the server we play after a firefight, when we suddenly see a helicopter in the distance. More came and they were of different groups. They tried to kamikaze us twice and parachute down but we took them down as they got onto the ground, when suddenly one of them did it again and didn't miss this time. His little bird exploded however we managed to get away quickly. We came back and then our helicopter exploded and we all died.

We had managed to move back to the custom city and get some of our stuff back. We moved over to object A2 and I being the sniper provided sniper overwatch as they moved in. The assault team cleared out the bunker with a frag, and stormed inside. They had killed someone with the grenade and the victim's friends had moved down deeper into the bunker, holding up. After a chaotic firefight three of us were killed, and we managed to take them down. They had great cover inside one of the rooms in the bunker, having great advantage over us.

My job as the sniper was also to pick dead people up, so I picked up the dead friends -and dropped them off. My last destination was in Old Sawmill. I made my way over there, and went on the Tara Bridge... biggest mistake of my life. I think you know what happend.

(For those that haven't played Namalsk: Tara Bridge is bugged, and it launches you high into the air and you die)

Edited by xeezy

So I joined a custom server last night (heaps of extra buildings and vehiclea), spawned at kamenka and I started making my way to balota to hook up with my mate before heading inland. As I was running along I notice a bandit stalking me with an AK. So I head through a building and try to flank him. I got the drop on him and unloaded a makarov clip into the side of his head. Bandit 1 down, now I have an AK. I keep heading towards Balota and see a heli crash on the shoreline, there was 2 humvees parked not far off. I decide to stop and wait. after seeing no movement for about 10 minutes I decide to keep pushing up the coast. As I run into the industrial area on the coast of Balota I see one of the Humvee guys. He hasnt seen me. I pump him full of rounds, then backtrack to a safer position. Bandit 2 down. As I'm waiting, I see 2 of his friends searching for me and trying to secure their buddies loot. Big mistake. I flank around the industrial building and come up behind them. Bandit 3 and 4 are down for the count. I now decide its time to get the hell outta dodge, I've made heaps of noise and have major Z aggro. As I'm heading for the tree line I start taking fire from behind me, I leg it for the trees, once in cover I turn and return fire. I'm now seriously low on blood from taking a couple bullets, but I bandage myself and manage to stay alive. There is still another 2 guys firing on my position. I use the cover of the trees to my advantage and reposition myself. I see my chance and open fire. Bandit 5 is down, enjoy that loading screen mate. I move again, not wanting to get pinned down and Jesus Christ, the last bandit pops out of no where right infront of me, I manage to get some lucky shots in and finiah him off. I laugh at these guys relentlessly in side chat. I just wiped your 6 man squad and I was a fresh spawn! Needless to say, I'm now completely geared on that server!