Sign in to follow this  
(CM)XxB3A5TxX

What's your favorite town or part of the map?

state the name and why?

I like the southwest, both the coast and up north. it'es where the looted guys who still haven't got anything to lose go to looking for guns. Makes for alot of fighting. But mainly because it's got my favorite town; Lopatino. I just like the feel of the city. Here's why:

-its near the NWAF.

-pump in Bashnya, a little up the road north, and in the city itself, plus one in nearby Pusto.

- its got all the essentials of food and survival gear covered in it and the nearby towns of Vybor and Pusto.

-easy access throughout the area because of non-confusing network of roads and trails.

-got a neat little train depot north of it, a school too. chance to get a press vest.

-Veresnik base nearby, NWAF, town's main road links up with the one of Zelenogorsk, with all that military loot of the SW coast.

-a bit far from the hotspots but not too far; you really only go to Lopatino if you want to go to Lopatino.

And i bet that once hunting is implemented the wild north or far west will have plentiful game. Plus there's a nice little valley by the train depot that's perfect for shooting practice and enough shrubbery nearby to conceal my tent once they come.

Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain, like Frosti. Been my favorite since the mod.

Zelenogorsk and Green Mountain, like Frosti. Been my favorite since the mod.

plus 1 rather popular areas to the off the coast crew it would seem..

plus 1 rather popular areas to the off the coast crew it would seem..

Well in the Mod, there were a lot of vehicles that spawned in this area..

1. White Offroad west of Zelly

2. Military Offroad at Green Mountain

3. Another White Offroad near Myshkino

4. A hatchback North of Myshkino

It also had a lot of good areas to set up tents, that were very rarely searched/visited..

It was also a place where a lot of Fresh spawns that DID NOT want the death-match PVP of Balota/Cherno/Elektro would go to pick up supplies as it had a Market, a lot of Farm houses, a lot of Tree Stands, and it was close to Green Mnt which had some medium value military spawns...

Welcome to the forums what ever your name is :D

Most favorite place has to be Polana.

Especially when it's raining...........

community_image_1392052840_zpse1dcef15.j

Edited by Zjasuu
  • Like 1

Dubky, everyone goes past it on their way to cherno or Balota but i've only seen 2 people there. But i've never been to Green Mountain, i need to explore more.

Mine was the town beside Guba, BEFORE the update that turned it into Svetnovodsk or whatever it's called.

I like the area between Kamenka and Pavlovo. For some reason, I find those fields pleasant to go walking through.

Pusta. Always empty plus it has some decent loot. If you really need some supplies both elektro and prigidorki are close.

I am so new to the game. A lot the places you guys talk about I have yet to travel to.

I am going to Grishino right now, and will hit up Devil's Castle later. Then I will make my way into a giant U back to Grishino. I spent a few nights in Novy Sobor in an orange house. It twas nice.

No favorites yet.

NEAF.

Only because the funniest, and best, of my murders happened there.

Friend was playing further down south.

Warned me that 3 players are on their way in my direction, looking determined.

I remembered an orange mountain pack in the ATC. Ran to get it. Ran halfway up sniper hill. Dropped it right in the middle of the little dirt road, so they could see it if they looked. Even repositioned it three times so it would point exactly where a sniper's pack would be pointing. I only BARELY made it back to my nest in time.

And there they were. These boys were here for me. Specifically.

I mustve had one of em earlier...

One went into the jail building very briefly, probably to check if i was in the ever increasingly popular glitch rooms... He also ran to the hangar to check that glitch...

Im not that cheap, sonny - i thought to myself.

But they had clearly no interest in loot. They were staring down their aights the whole time. Scanning. Seeking. Hunting.

From my vantage, the scene couldnt have unfolded any better than how it did.

My sights trained very hard on the right cheek of the one furthest away from my decoy, i fired the shot at the exact moment they all turned to face my decoy.

The bluepack saw my decoy first. Mountainpack was pretty slowish on the turn, and my target - gasmask - he never got the turn fully executed.

The absolute weight of all the lead they pumped into that orange backpack was staggering!

Realizing that something is afoot, bluepack started scooting towards sniper hill. Very slow. Very carefully. Eventually he rose from crouch, to what i assumed must be his realization of what is actually goin on.

Too late. Bam! In the neck!

Last man standing combat logged. This was pre-timer...

Thinking very carefully, replaying every second very slowly in my head, frame by frame - i breathed steadily, knowing he didnt know my location. But i also got the VERY distinct feeling that he is ghosting. Logic told me he would try to ghost the backpack.

I was wrong.

More wrong i have never been.

At the same time as me sweeping slowly and unscoped across the airfield, his three M4 bullets rang out.

One hit me center mass, right on the vest.

The second went flying way left of me, and the third went so far affield, i think the game just deleted it as atmospheric shrapnel.

My aim. Slow.

My breathing. Steady.

My nerves. Shattered.

My shot. True.

Best day. Ever.

Edited by Wheunis
  • Like 7

For whatever strange reason I like Vybor (I think thats it) in the NW part of the map, its a nice little town for loot.

Berezino, but then it has been since I first started playing the Chernarus map. Sadly now it's overrun by hipsters.

I have many fond memories form events around Green Mountain, but the kudos (or beans) will probably have to go to Svetloyarsk. It really is a masterpiece, it feels like a town with a soul and history. I can't wait to see the older towns upgraded and realized in the same way. I also like the semi-mountaneous areas to the west of Svetloyarsk, altough it's pretty much a wasteland right now, with nearly no loot spawns for 10 kilometers except the train station and a few kiosks.