crazykage

Have you/have you not seen a hacker?

Have you seen a hacker before?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen a hacker before (minimum of 24 hours of gameplay required)

• YES. No quetioning it. No doubt. It WAS a hacker.
    • NO. I have not encountered a hacker to date.
    • MAYBE. It possible, but i cant be sure.

I've found it easier just to ignore it even if it does happen to you.  Who will believe you? 

"Do you even know what hackz are bro?  'Sploits aren't hacks nubz!  It's called desync.  Go back to middleschool.  You can't code bro."

I guess coders say bro according to me. (they dont, but people that constantly say bro annoy me)

But no, I don't code.  It might be fun to learn, but back when I could have started, I was much more interested in meeting people.  Essentially, I got laid in highschool. 

But I feel like saying "hacker" on here is tantamount to using "magic" to explain science.  You most likely get a "perposterous!" before they go into an explanation of what you saw, even if it isn't "what you saw."  No, he wasn't desyncing.  He was teleporting down the road.  "Nope, desync bro."      Umm, ok.

I saw 2.  One teleported down the road into electro where my team was.  He killed 2 other people and no one believed us.  Then there was a guy in Balota that teleported, shot through walls, and he knew all of our names and IN DIRECT COMMs was screaming "FAGS! HAHAHA!  YOU CANT HIDE I SEE YOU! HAHA"

A video was posted on here (not the best, I admit) and it was instantly pish-posh'd "Desync, my good chap.  That is all.  No more of this Hacker nonsense."

You know what?  the truth is I don't know.  I don't know any of this lingo.  I am learning through Wikipedia and patient coders (honestly, how many of those have you ever met.  Ever.) but I come from the Consoles, where all we knew was they cheated.  Is that not the essence of the issue?  I don't care if they jump into a wall that any one can jump into or manipulate the programming to allow little colored boxes around items and people.  Cheaters and snitches get arm casts and stitches. 

150 hours. Saw my first last night- 2 guys walking and shooting through walls at Balota on HC servers.

Logged 110hrs and never seen a hacker so far.

On a side note, can we report to Youtube people who upload videos of them hacking and put up links to these hacks in their description ?

I mean is it usefull ? Does YT do anything ?

Edited by Sooke

I playing 143 hours of SA and I seeing ZERO HACKER also zero strange thing what is maybe hacker :thumbsup:  :D

before in the mod I seeing too many maybe 10+ :|

I haven't seen the millions of rounds firing off every 10 seconds hackers, but I have see a skipping teleport hacker. he would move really fast over the ground but like he was losing frames. would get from one point to the next about 5 times faster than anyone else could. Then would appear and start firing. Luckily I wasn't killed and just took off from there, but it was really unnerving to see that kind of crap. 

130+ hours for me so far and thankfully just the one and it was about a month and a half ago.

Edited by Gekkonidae

Teleport hacker in Kamyshovo, asian chick with red t-shirt.  She/He was prone on ground and not attacking just porting everywhere I went.  Definitely not de-sync or rubber banding as they were prone and I was full on sprinting and running around like a headless chicken to try and shake them.  

Kept making the high-pitched whiny voice noise of please be my fwend, aww go on I wuv you...and laughing maniacally, seemed to be having a great time.

Needless to say knocked them out and bandaged them up to get the name, once they realised I got the name they made a very sharp exit.

• Like 1

Just with my friend at the Three Valleys spawn at the coast and right before my eyes a fully geared guy just appeared right before my eyes and shot my friend and then me.

Just changed my vote from 'No' to 'Yes'.

I had just began looting Zelenogorsk on a Hardcore experimental server when I heard shot land near me. I didn't hear where the sound came from (buggy) so I ran West, deeper into the city and took refuge in a 2nd story building and began waiting and listening while peeking out windows. Heard a few footsteps, they faded, and then I heard a zombie go aggro (presumably going after the other player) so I decided to make my move.

I exit the building and hear a gunshot, though it wasn't towards me. It's an SKS. I carefully move from cover to cover in the direction of the gunshot with my magnum drawn. Shit! A zombie saw me. I pull back, heading through the orchard in the west side of town, hoping the guy doesn't see or the aggro zombie running behind me. After I take cover behind a lone building, I switch to my wood cutters axe and slash up the zombie but take a hit (damn clunky exp. animations). Made a poor decision to bandage on the spot and just as I finish the other player pops around the corner and BOOM. He misses at point blank. Lucky me. I scramble away and fumble to get my revolver out. During the scramble he unloads his weapon, hitting me once. I finally get out my revolver and pop him once right away. He vanishes. I look around. There's nowhere to hide in the immediate area.

I circle the lone house and he's nowhere to be found. I decide to run further west to a barn and BOOM, he takes another shot from behind me at me and misses. I round a fence, head to the far end, and peek around the corner edge. There he is, just as I was hoping. I fire a few shots, hitting him once. HE VANISHES AGAIN.

BOOM. Shot from my right side a split second later. I'm dead.

This was unlike any desync I've ever experienced and confident that wasn't the case. Anyway, even though it's the first time this has happened to me it left me with a pretty shitty feeling.

Edited by solodude23

fanboys keep pressing this button that most cases are desync, meanwhile ESP and .pbo hackers go unnoticed and ruin everyone's days.

This game would be just so much better without fanboys... They're even more toxic to the community than hackers, FFS.

And yes, saw 3 hackers on the last 2 days, 2 teleporting around and killing people, 1 shooting through buildings, trees, everything.

but DONT WORRY PEOPLE, IT'S JUST DESYNC, ALPHER...   :rolleyes:

Edited by lipemr
  • Like 1

i once was killed by a cheater who had disguised himself as a ladder. instakilled me. true story! <_<

apart from that...no hackers seen in roughly 150h.

Seen a few on twitch streams that used teleport,esp,aimbot,one where other players cant pull out weapons when they are close , levitating , placing houses over people! never encountered any ingame myself there are injectors available for SA nowhere as many hacks as the mod atm but im sure that will change when PBO files are available to server admins.

• Like 1

Well, there is a first time for everything and fortunately had the pleasure to see it first hand yesterday evening.

Actually we were two strangers caught in the same situation.

Situation was -  accelerated sprint like twice the speed, phase out, phase in, punch, double sprint, phase out, phase in, punch.

Second, suddenly a good dozen of zombies vaporized from thin air right in front of my face.

Location was after the bridges at Solnichniy Factory.

The other testimony of the exact same situation can be given by the unknown player - our code word for the future, if we ever meet again is "mango" so if you out there buddy just show up.

Now I was laughing all the time given the absolute ridiculous situation. Given I couldn't fight against the teleport and sprints I decided to stay put and even landed a blow or two on the guy. That's when he vanished and the zombies appeared right in front of me, and no, we had none following us.

Eventually I decided to go down Rocky style punching infected sons of b's. Before death I spotted a soldier coming out of the woods.

No idea if he was with the script kid or not.

Mind you this was on Experimental, hardcore UK 0-2 or 0-9, not really sure which one of the two.

Experimental is not connected to BattleEye as far as I know, so ... yeah... fertile ground for scripting.

• Like 1

I can't say that I run into people a whole lot, but I've never encountered anyone doing anything out of the ordinary.