Sign in to follow this  
bioned

what do you guys do when you meet zombies without weapons?

USE MY DAMN FISTS LIKE A MAN! The fists are the 4th best weapon in game it goes guns, fire axe, splitting axe, then fists. I have taken on 2 zombies at once with my fists tried 4 one time it got a little too crazy.

I invite them over for dinner...they tend to oblige me every...single...time

If your aim and timing is right, you can constantly knock the zombies down. They'll still get a few hits on you, but only a few.

discuss

what i do is i go up to the tallest building is see and log off

but its really no fun doing that

merged

I have two similar strategies I like to use.

STRATEGY #1: Pied Piper

On the coast and near a harbor or a pier I like to make a long sweep through the town and attract attetion of as many Zeds as I can find. Then I string them along down to the harbor making the occasional loop back to pick up any that have stopped running. I have managed in the past to pick up as many as eight in one go in Electro. Then I run along the quay and cut off at a right angle onto the pier / jetty. The zombies of course cut the corners and as a result drop into the harbor. If you are on a sandy beach instead of deep water then it is best to wait at the end of the pier until the zombies walk out to where you are at, then run back to the town. By the time the  (slower) zombies reach the shore line you are well out of range. They then collect on the shore as a surprise for the next survivior to come along.

STRATEGY #2: Picknick Time

This is pretty much the same as the first plan but without a harbor to drop them into. So instead we lead them out of the town and into the woods until they are far enough away so that we leave them stranded out of range before we are back in the area we wish to seach. If you come across addtional zombies in the town the lead these in the opposite direction so you don't end up attracting the zombies you just got rid of back to the town.

The result of the strategy is once again a whole bus load of Zeds in the middle of the woods or a field. So if you have just found a cozy spot in the woods to log off in and all of a sudden find a whole crap load of Zeds desending on your position... Well sorry guys that was most likely me, but now they are your problem :P

• Like 1

I let them live. If they don't have a weapon, and seem to be just going about their own business, I'll slink off into the shadows and leave them be. If they look like they're up to no good, harassing fresh spawns and the like, then I *might* decide to intervene. If a zombie starts running at me while yelling 'friendly', however, I will definitely fire a few rounds at them to discourage that sort of silliness.

• Like 3

"Hand to hand is the basis of all combat"

Use your fists if you encounter a zombie

or

you're never unarmed... I guess, unless you're actually missing your arms.

Take a pick. It wasn't THAT far fetched.

Legs are just as much a weapon as arms. 

Honestly go about my business as if they aren't there. They are so clumbsy and slow, I continue going about looting houses. Usually, the second I go to the second floor of a building they bug out and I lose them.

Depending on the numbers I do one of three things.

Option one if there's only 1 or 2 is Fists like others have said.

Option 2 is carry on my business, I just sprint around the area I'm looting a bit more. Most I've had on me at this time though was around 6, with majority of them being those annoying ones that seem quicker than the others.

Option 3 has only happened once, and I'm still like WTF cus I've never seen so many in a small location, which was run like hell. What didn't help is that I had around 6 come at me at first, but every time I looked behind me there was more. Not sure if it was a fast spawn or what, but I chose to run just to be safe.

If anything, the most common problem I have is trying to find a zombie if I've managed to break my legs through lag or a glitch.

Though I do remember my first ever spawn on this, before I knew about the issues with Zombies glitching through walls etc etc. Ran into a zombie, decided to run into a house to try and find a weapon. Next thing I know it's in front of me again even though I shut the door. And due to how it had glitched my punches registered as hitting floor/wall whilst it continued to try and eat me. That made me run for high ground the entire time babbling about zombie jesus =P

Once you find an Axe, which is incredibly easy to do, whether it's a fireman's axe or a splitting axe, it becomes so ridiculousy easy to kill zombies silently and efficiently. I haven't used the splitting axe much cuz I haven't had to, but with the fireman's axe being a 1 shot, it takes maybe 15 seconds to kill 4+ zombies assuming you can aim. If you have absolutely no weapons, the best thing you can do if it's only 1 zombie, is to hit it in the head to cause a knockdown, and then sprint away and try to drop Line of Sight on it. Once the aggro drops, continue what you were doing or keep moving.

• Like 1

If you cant avoid them aim for the head. You will one or two hit KO them, they will be back up but you can control them. Circle them, they are kind of dumb and slow and tend to miss you if you move to the side.

Once you find an Axe, which is incredibly easy to do, whether it's a fireman's axe or a splitting axe, it becomes so ridiculousy easy to kill zombies silently and efficiently. I haven't used the splitting axe much cuz I haven't had to, but with the fireman's axe being a 1 shot, it takes maybe 15 seconds to kill 4+ zombies assuming you can aim. If you have absolutely no weapons, the best thing you can do if it's only 1 zombie, is to hit it in the head to cause a knockdown, and then sprint away and try to drop Line of Sight on it. Once the aggro drops, continue what you were doing or keep moving.

Absolutely! Guns are for other players in my book. All a zombie needs is an axe. No ammo wasted, no alerting every other zombie or bandit within earshot. Indeed the ideal weapon

I have two similar strategies I like to use.

STRATEGY #1: Pied Piper

On the coast and near a harbor or a pier I like to make a long sweep through the town and attract attetion of as many Zeds as I can find. Then I string them along down to the harbor making the occasional loop back to pick up any that have stopped running. I have managed in the past to pick up as many as eight in one go in Electro. Then I run along the quay and cut off at a right angle onto the pier / jetty. The zombies of course cut the corners and as a result drop into the harbor. If you are on a sandy beach instead of deep water then it is best to wait at the end of the pier until the zombies walk out to where you are at, then run back to the town. By the time the  (slower) zombies reach the shore line you are well out of range. They then collect on the shore as a surprise for the next survivior to come along.

STRATEGY #2: Picknick Time

This is pretty much the same as the first plan but without a harbor to drop them into. So instead we lead them out of the town and into the woods until they are far enough away so that we leave them stranded out of range before we are back in the area we wish to seach. If you come across addtional zombies in the town the lead these in the opposite direction so you don't end up attracting the zombies you just got rid of back to the town.

The result of the strategy is once again a whole bus load of Zeds in the middle of the woods or a field. So if you have just found a cozy spot in the woods to log off in and all of a sudden find a whole crap load of Zeds desending on your position... Well sorry guys that was most likely me, but now they are your problem :P

Hahaha I love doing the dock thing!

Entire post is babies. I turn them into a punching bag. Do a Fight Club Zed Edition. It's pretty easy to kill a big group of zeds since they will hit each other and all you gotta do is aim for the head. Punch and kite.

i always take them down by my fists. zombie ai is retarded, so you wont get hurt if you hit their head constantly and strafe around them in circles.

Edited by Sloddor

Sprint until they lose sight of you and then crouch-run staying out of their line if sight until they give up.

Zombie's=booty

Fight them and kite them.  I used to make a point of fighting fist or any other weapon so I could get the mechanics of it right whenever I was a new spawn.  Nothing to lose you might die but probably not, so down those zombie's and claim the booty.

Lol you lot are clearly not veterans. I beat the zombies up with my fists, without taking one hit, it is extremely easy at the moment.

Just run around in circles punching the head, when they fall close in and attack the body, once they stand up rinse and repeat.

Just call me muhammad.

Edited by africanhungergames

Run usually. That is until I find the 'El Persuado Attitude Adjuster' (the fire axe).

Edited by zaphodity