Sign in to follow this  
Kukui

Put "No KOS" in your server title please!

Well, those people chose to play nice and keep PvP to a minimum and also ask other people to be nice and not KoS on their server.

There is nothing wrong with that ... except KoS-ppl not letting them have this choice, instead forcing the KoS-playstyle on them.

Not forcing them to KoS at all.

They can still go about their ignorant puppy lives.

Unfortunately, those lives include being ended abruptly by me.

They can respawn, and continue exactly the way they were before. House to house, waterpump to waterpump.

Just as I will continue to do my work. Bullet by bullet.

• Like 1

They can respawn, and continue exactly the way they were before. House to house, waterpump to waterpump.

Okay, I'll try to make it easy for you.

What you're basically saying is, that a murderer can walk free because he chose the life of his victim had to end. And his choice must be respected.

You, my dear, have a huge social deficit. As does most of the KoS community.

• Like 1

What you're basically saying is, that a murderer can walk free because he chose the life of his victim had to end. And his choice must be respected.

In a post-acpocalyptic society where rules and their enforcement does not exist?

HELL YES!

The only judge that CAN convict me is somebody else's gun.

Bring it! Prove your laws to me!

And you better prove it properly, because I will NEVER stop!

• Like 1

In a post-acpocalyptic society where rules and their enforcement does not exist?

HELL YES!

The only judge that CAN convict me is somebody else's gun.

Bring it! Prove your laws to me!

And you better prove it properly, because I will NEVER stop!

You don't seem to be able to understand my point. So I'm not gonna try to explain it to you now, I'll put a thread up tomorrow - but I doubt you will get my point.

I'm out now.. you know.. socializing...

Forget talking to him.

Must  be a little kid or a sociopath (at least here on the internet where he feels strong because he is anonymous)

Looking at his narrow minded "answers" it´s just a waste of time to try to talk some basic sense into him.

He will not get it anyway.

Edited by wuffi

Put whatever you want in your server name, I'm going to kill whoever I find on it either way.

• Like 1

Dude, early access. You want to play that PvE nonsense wait for it to be implemented in the form of private servers that don't impact the normal game's hive. It's not like I kill the bambis on sight - unlike most I suppose. They have to do something wrong first, like come within 100m of me, use voice chat within my hearing radius, look directly at me - there has to be some sort of provocation before I consider them a target. I mostly hunt and kill other bandits. Heroes are my preferred targets, but they're rare to come across and are by far the most challenging fights. That's what I'm really after, a challenge. There is 0 challenge to the PvE in this early build. Nada. Nothing. The PvE game is get fireaxe -> be god against PvE. I would socialize more but I refuse to use VC and when I start direct chatting my character's head bobs around like a jackoff showing in no uncertain terms that I'm direct chatting and the players are often too stupid to notice that I'm direct chatting at them because it's a 7 pt font in the corner of the UI. I see no point in helping people like this, I liken it to coddling. I have no incentive to kill them because I consider them low hanging fruit. Loot has never been my motive and I almost never loot the bodies that drop unless I spot an 800m scope or something on their gun.

Am I the only one that KoS'es and actually respects those server rules?

I mean, yeah, I kos occasionally. AND I know that server owners cant ACTUALLY enforce non kos rules unless they kick players, which can cause them to lose their servers. But when I am looking for some PVP action, I don't do it in a server that someone paid for where they are asking players not to.

There are PLENTY of PVP/PVE servers out there, I don't NEED to go into one that is owned by another player that doesn't like that style of gameplay to do it.

The way I look at it is, they PAID to rent that server, and I am willing to respect the rules they put in for it. Imagine you live in a society where there are no laws. And someone invited you into their home. Since there are no laws, you can do whatever you want. Even kill him. But would you actually do it? A bit dramatic of an example, I know, but its all I  could come up with.

Why do people feel the need to kill other players in a server paid for by another player that doesn't like that style of gameplay? I've said it before: I support any and all gameplay styles, and anyone that wants to play them, so long as they don't tell ME how I should play. I don't understand the mentality of people that join PVE only servers looking for a fight. What are you trying to prove? Why do you feel the need to FORCE your gameplay style on someone else?

Of course, if you play in a PVP server, and get killed, you also have no room to bitch about it, because if you want non PVP, you shouldn't join a server that allows it and then complain when It happens.

Why cant we all just.....get along?

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 2

Most combat situations we had in a single evening as on a "Friendly Server" with "PVE only" in the title. Was full to the brim and we knew it would be the best place to search for fights. We were damn right :). Hunting bandits, running away from big armed "slaver" groups, and tracking down KoS'ers in the mountains. Was damn good.

I suggest all server have this kind of title. 

Edited by Hethwill_Khan
  • Like 1

I think the point your missing is that there is no private server's right now, The primary reason everyone who rents a server is forced to comply with the terms and conditions is to prevent unbalanced things such as a players loot farming then jumping to a different server, griefing until he's kill then just loot farming again to get their guns back.

Once Private hive's become available, what you do will not affect the public servers as when you switch to them you'll be given a new character.

Until the private hive are up and running all renters MUST abide by the rule's to keep the game fair for everyone.

The FIRST time I have seen anyone come up with a logical explanation (and a polite one) for why people should not respect the rules put in place by the renters of a server.

There is only one problem I see with this: You cant PROVE that every player on a PVE server is loot farming. I don't doubt that most are, but you cant point the finger at EVERYONE and assume that is what they are doing. Maybe, JUST maybe, they are trying to immerse themselves into a world, and trying to find someone to team up with for some cooperative roll play. I have gone into PVE servers myself, looking for that kind of gameplay, and you know what happened? The first guy I encountered opened up on me. I dropped him like a sack of bricks, of course, but he started it.

So when you join a PVE server and kill other players, you have no way of knowing if they ARE, without a doubt, loot farming. And even if you did, who made you the video game police? I still think its not right to join a PVE server, looking for a fight and showing ZERO respect for the owner's request that you follow the rules they aren't even allowed to fully enforce. Why do you feel the need to police these places, rather than just play the game your way on a server where it is "allowed"?

I do however agree that what you have stated is the REASON WHY server owners are not allowed to enforce those rules. I just don't agree that it is an excuse to rudely enter their world and break them when you have other options available.

Edited by Crazykage
  • Like 1

Shhh... the adults are speaking...

The FIRST time I have seen anyone come up with a logical explanation (and a polite one) for why people should not respect the rules put in place by the renters of a server.

There is only one problem I see with this: You cant PROVE that every player on a PVE server is loot farming. I don't doubt that most are, but you cant point the finger at EVERYONE and assume that is what they are doing. Maybe, JUST maybe, they are trying to immerse themselves into a world, and trying to find someone to team up with for some cooperative roll play. I have gone into PVE servers myself, looking for that kind of gameplay, and you know what happened? The first guy I encountered opened up on me. I dropped him like a sack of bricks, of course, but he started it.

So when you join a PVE server and kill other players, you have no way of knowing if they ARE, without a doubt, loot farming. And even if you did, who made you the video game police? I still think its not right to join a PVE server, looking for a fight and showing ZERO respect for the owner's request that you follow the rules they aren't even allowed to fully enforce. Why do you feel the need to police these places, rather than just play the game your way on a server where it is "allowed"?

I do however agree that what you have stated is the REASON WHY server owners are not allowed to enforce those rules. I just don't agree that it is an excuse to rudely enter their world and break them when you have other options available.

Have some beans!

That out of the way.

I, like everybody else belonging to any form of society, adheres to the rules.

We are forced by these bs norms to be nice (fake) to each other.

This, however, is a game.

Let your inhibitions go for a while.

Be the asshole you NEED to be.

You talk about being immersed in a world, and all that.

What do you think I'm doing when i'm playing? (or even using the forums for that matter...)

I am immersing myself in the EXACT setting provided by the game.

The only laws that you MUST obey are the laws of nature; You drink you get drunk. You sit on a tac, you bleed form the ass.

EVERYTHING else is imposed upon you by society. EVERYTHING that applies to you are the law's you CHOOSE to be subjugated to.

Well... there is no more society in this world! There are no laws. No courts, No laws. None, except for those that nature intended.

And I play this world to it's fullest. My character is batshit insane. You wouldnt want to meet him IRL if your hair was on fire and he had the monopoly on liquids...

You honestly think that people like my character would not exist in such a world?! Take off those rose colored lenses if thats what you really think.

Shit man, we have them RIGHT NOW IRL!!!

Play your game. You go ahead and respect whatever rules you CHOOSE to have imposed on you.

I choose to break them all. On purpose. Repeatedly.

For fun!

Because I immerse myself into this world, and more importantly, my character - in a way that you cannot even BEGIN to understand.

Edited by Wheunis

if there was no law/officers of said law to stop people from raping and murdering it would be a huge issue(Still kind of is, I bet someones being murdered right now), if everyone was super nice we wouldn't need laws that tell us not to kill/rape/ect.

Am I the only one that KoS'es and actually respects those server rules?

I mean, yeah, I kos occasionally. AND I know that server owners cant ACTUALLY enforce non kos rules unless they kick players, which can cause them to lose their servers. But when I am looking for some PVP action, I don't do it in a server that someone paid for where they are asking players not to.

There are PLENTY of PVP/PVE servers out there, I don't NEED to go into one that is owned by another player that doesn't like that style of gameplay to do it.

The way I look at it is, they PAID to rent that server, and I am willing to respect the rules they put in for it. Imagine you live in a society where there are no laws. And someone invited you into their home. Since there are no laws, you can do whatever you want. Even kill him. But would you actually do it? A bit dramatic of an example, I know, but its all I  could come up with.

Why do people feel the need to kill other players in a server paid for by another player that doesn't like that style of gameplay? I've said it before: I support any and all gameplay styles, and anyone that wants to play them, so long as they don't tell ME how I should play. I don't understand the mentality of people that join PVE only servers looking for a fight. What are you trying to prove? Why do you feel the need to FORCE your gameplay style on someone else?

Of course, if you play in a PVP server, and get killed, you also have no room to bitch about it, because if you want non PVP, you shouldn't join a server that allows it and then complain when It happens.

Why cant we all just.....get along?

Well i respect them too ;)

But lets face it unfortunately we are just a small minority :(

btw. i love a good firefight!

I simple don´t KOS on a pve server.

Why this upsets so many people here is beyond me.

I mean their server their rules...

And as said there are so many pvp servers out there that you really don´t have to ruin

the game for people who want to enjoy dayz on a somehow peacefull server.

Btw those servers can be fun.

Just for example i just ran into 3 people with my magnum visible holstered.

i quickly raised my hands while i noticed that 3 rifles are getting pointed at me.

(i was just simple waiting for the shot because i thought that at least one guy will shoot me because of my gun...)

But nobody fired.

I suddenly heard a voice that told me that i can take down my arms and slowly move away from them.

This was FUN because of the interaction.

Maybe if i would have started to run they would have shot me...

But i complied (and was extreme carefull)

And as i slowly moved away i saw that they did stop pointing their weapons at me...

I earned their trust!

THAT WAS FUN because the situation could have get out of control anytime.

But because everybody stayed calm nobody got shot!

Have some beans!

That out of the way.

I, like everybody else belonging to any form of society, adheres to the rules.

We are forced by these bs norms to be nice (fake) to each other.

This, however, is a game.

Let your inhibitions go for a while.

Be the asshole you NEED to be.

You talk about being immersed in a world, and all that.

What do you think I'm doing when i'm playing? (or even using the forums for that matter...)

I am immersing myself in the EXACT setting provided by the game.

The only laws that you MUST obey are the laws of nature; You drink you get drunk. You sit on a tac, you bleed form the ass.

EVERYTHING else is imposed upon you by society. EVERYTHING that applies to you are the law's you CHOOSE to be subjugated to.

Well... there is no more society in this world! There are no laws. No courts, No laws. None, except for those that nature intended.

And I play this world to it's fullest. My character is batshit insane. You wouldnt want to meet him IRL if your hair was on fire and he had the monopoly on liquids...

You honestly think that people like my character would not exist in such a world?! Take off those rose colored lenses if thats what you really think.

Shit man, we have them RIGHT NOW IRL!!!

Play your game. You go ahead and respect whatever rules you CHOOSE to have imposed on you.

I choose to break them all. On purpose. Repeatedly.

For fun!

Because I immerse myself into this world, and more importantly, my character - in a way that you cannot even BEGIN to understand.

You are just further proving my point. You say to let loose, and play the game, not take it so seriously. But then you yourself ARE taking it too seriously by forcing your play style (batshit insane character) on other players, in a place they created specifically to AVOID you, in a game where there "is no society", and what not. Don't delude yourself.You aren't doing them any favors by showing them the "true nature of the game", a game which is a sandbox, and whose only true nature is what WE make it into. INCLUDING a friendly, cooperative environment.

All you are doing is being an asshole and ruining someone else's fun. Now, if you were in a PVP server, and killed a player, and he or she bitched about it, saying that you should not be allowed to pvp, or that you should have some sort of punishment mechanic forced on you to control your playstyle, then that player is full of shit. But you are actively and deliberately seeking out other players in a PVE server, in order to shit all over their fun because you think your way is better. They made this "place" so that they could play their way without interference, and leave you to enjoy the game YOUR way in another place, without interference. They are not forcing their non PVP play style on you by doing so.

You aren't some kind of savior, bringing the light of truth to them. Your being a dick, forcing them to play a GAME the way you want them to. Its no better than non KOSers asking for a punishment mechanic.

Left 4 Dead tssk tssk.

It's incredibly fun to kill at the "NO BANDITS PLEASE" server. :D

L4D have PVP also ;) the Players can play as special Infected. So it´s PVP Mode too....

You are just further proving my point. You say to let loose, and play the game, not take it so seriously. But then you yourself ARE taking it too seriously by forcing your play style (batshit insane character) on other players, in a place they created specifically to AVOID you, in a game where there "is no society", and what not. Don't delude yourself.You aren't doing them any favors by showing them the "true nature of the game", a game which is a sandbox, and whose only true nature is what WE make it into. INCLUDING a friendly, cooperative environment.

All you are doing is being an asshole and ruining someone else's fun. Now, if you were in a PVP server, and killed a player, and he or she bitched about it, saying that you should not be allowed to pvp, or that you should have some sort of punishment mechanic forced on you to control your playstyle, then that player is full of shit. But you are actively and deliberately seeking out other players in a PVE server, in order to shit all over their fun because you think your way is better. They made this "place" so that they could play their way without interference, and leave you to enjoy the game YOUR way in another place, without interference. They are not forcing their non PVP play style on you by doing so.

You aren't some kind of savior, bringing the light of truth to them. Your being a dick, forcing them to play a GAME the way you want them to. Its no better than non KOSers asking for a punishment mechanic.

No. I did not say to not take it seriously. I said to let loose your inhibitions.

As in... 

You know what, this stopped being a conversation when you had the language skills of a toddler...

Go brush up and re-read what i said...

Yes, I am being an asshole.

The end.

That's all you really need to know about me anyway.

PS: For as long as people continue to (for lack of a better word) ILLEGALLY imposing rules, kicks, and bans on public hive servers ---> I will continue to be the WORST kind of asshole on the face of this planet.

If that makes you sleep easier, have at it. Your loss.

Forget talking to him.

Must  be a little kid or a sociopath (at least here on the internet where he feels strong because he is anonymous)

Looking at his narrow minded "answers" it´s just a waste of time to try to talk some basic sense into him.

He will not get it anyway.

I have to laugh at this whole conversation as, while I'm not KoS myself, without them there is no authenticity. This isn't a survival game without people trying to kill you.

• Like 1

No. I did not say to not take it seriously. I said to let loose your inhibitions.

As in... 

You know what, this stopped being a conversation when you had the language skills of a toddler...

The end.

PS: For as long as people continue to (for lack of a better word) ILLEGALLY imposing rules, kicks, and bans on public hive servers ---> I will continue to be the WORST kind of asshole on the face of this planet.

So intimidating!!!

If you do not want/allow KOS on your server, put it in the title. I can't tell you how many servers I have joined, that say nothing of the sort, and then in the chat box, it says "NO KOS" AFTER you have joined, causing you to play on a server you don't want to be on, or wait another 5min to change server.

I for one and going to KOS on any server I join if it does not state it in the title. If you ban me from your server, so be it.

I agree. That way I can much more efficiently troll carebear admins who want everyone to hold hands and sing songs in this post-apocalyptic world.

As in... 

The end.

OK, yes, I did mis read that part at the beginning. No need to insult my intelligence over a petty mistake.

So then my question becomes this: How do you justify being an asshole? The players who own these servers aren't allowed to enforce their rules, lest they have the server taken away. But that doesn't justify forcing your play style on them. If you literally are just doing it to be an asshole, and for no other reason, then there is no more debate. You ARE an asshole. At least you admit to it and don't try to cover it up, I suppose.

Essentially, you are being nothing more than a bully, yes? I would know. I recognize the mentality, as I was bullied horrendously in my school days. I later joined the USMC and became a hardened, disciplined, trained killer, but that's another story.

Whats laughable is that you aren't even being a bully IRL. THAT at least requires a certain level of physical strength and mental confidence to be able to pull it off without getting your ass kicked. No, your being a bully in a GAME! That only requires knowing how to click a mouse.

I don't even find this insulting or offensive anymore. Now I find it petty and childish. Pathetic, quite frankly. But hey, if you are ok with being an asshole, at least you are honest with yourself about it. Better that then deceiving yourself into thinking your helping anyone by forcing your playstyle on them.

Its funny, because I always used to respect the bullies more than everyone else, if only for the strange sort of honest integrity they had. It was everyone else that really pissed me off. They were to morally high on themselves to engage in bullying themselves, but it was totally ok to stand back and let it happen right in front of them. LOL.

Society is so fucked up.

On the topic of what is allowed to be done as a server owner, are they allowed to kick you from their server simply because they don't want you there. There are many servers that state (and some that do not) that they will kick you if you join them. I have joined low pop servers before and been kicked within 5secs of joining because the owner wants to have his "private" server to loot 100% safe.

On the topic of what is allowed to be done as a server owner, are they allowed to kick you from their server simply because they don't want you there. There are many servers that state (and some that do not) that they will kick you if you join them. I have joined low pop servers before and been kicked within 5secs of joining because the owner wants to have his "private" server to loot 100% safe.

No.

Not allowed to kick for any reason at this point in time.

Apart from maybe the average sort of harrassment (racism, sexism, etc) that can come with comms inside a game...