Sign in to follow this  
larsehh_

Small protector case

Hey fellow players!

Has anyone found any protector cases in the red brick pubs or yellow houses like this map shows after the last major patch? I cant remember when I found last case in one of those buildings. I've found few at firestations, but that's it and usually those are crowded with people and I like to play ut safe.

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#3.056.089;item=Small%20Protector%20Case

I've been trying to farm these cases for longer time now and after my character dying from a stupid ladder I need them again. I also think it's one of the most useful items ingame currently due to the extra slots it gives, especially when I'm always carrying alot of medical supplies and other supplies I tihnk I might need in future at some point.

Usually find them in fire stations and the industrial building with the lathes.

Yup.

Firestations is the mecha for all little yellow boxes.

GO! QUICKLY!

But beware... at every firestation across the map is an evil sniper like me laying in wait...

Yes, I found one in the red brick house with blue trim yesterday.

Edited by Hemoglobin

Yup.

Firestations is the mecha for all little yellow boxes.

GO! QUICKLY!

But beware... at every firestation across the map is an evil sniper like me laying in wait...

Yeah, as I pointed out I know they still spawn in Firestations but I was more wondering if they currently spawn in the yellow houses/red pubs as the dayzdb map shows. If anyone has any experience with that in the last patch?!

Yeah, as I pointed out I know they still spawn in Firestations but I was more wondering if they currently spawn in the yellow houses/red pubs as the dayzdb map shows. If anyone has any experience with that in the last patch?!

I personally have a shortlist of only about 3 houses that I ever bother going into.

Those are not on the list, and as such I havent been there for a while...

I know that a lot of buildings are spawning loot, but doing so underground via some glitch or another... that could be affecting the buildings you speak of...

Never saw a protector case spawn there ever.

Yes, I found one in the red brick house with blue trim yesterday.

Thank you! I used to find a case here and there in the red pubs. But after the latest big patch I've ran through literally hundreds of those and still without luck, but I guess I'll keep going! :)

I personally have a shortlist of only about 3 houses that I ever bother going into.

I know that a lot of buildings are spawning loot, but doing so underground via some glitch or another... that could be affecting the buildings you speak of...

Yeah, that could be the glitch. Personally I havent checked these yellow houses for weeks now but I guess I'll take a closer look tonight when I fight my way through cherno.

Hey fellow players!

Has anyone found any protector cases in the red brick pubs or yellow houses like this map shows after the last major patch? I cant remember when I found last case in one of those buildings. I've found few at firestations, but that's it and usually those are crowded with people and I like to play ut safe.

I've been trying to farm these cases for longer time now and after my character dying from a stupid ladder I need them again. I also think it's one of the most useful items ingame currently due to the extra slots it gives, especially when I'm always carrying alot of medical supplies and other supplies I tihnk I might need in future at some point.

I was saying the same thing the other night. The restaurant/bar places don't spawn them anymore. Only fire stations now.

I think those are printing press'.

Yes, they do spawn there. I found one the other day.

Thanks to people like you I get tons of stuff in almost every town. :)

Even M4s are spawning in civilian buildings now and I always come across rifles, ammo and food in locations they never appeared before. It's really worth checking out everything now.

Yes, they do spawn there. I found one the other day.

Thanks to people like you I get tons of stuff in almost every town. :)

Even M4s are spawning in civilian buildings now and I always come across rifles, ammo and food in locations they never appeared before. It's really worth checking out everything now.

Why would i want any of that, if i already have it?  ;)

Thanks for the replys. I'm yet unsure about the yellow houses with empty shelfs. I've seen things spawning in kitchen and according to dayzdb, also the container can spawn in kitchen, but I guess time will tell. Going to check every one of those in the following days! :)

Okok, small update. Now I got confirmation that Small Protector Cases indeed still spawn in red brick pubs. I just guess they have somewhat lowered the spawnrate of them inside these buildings. It spawned in the middle area, on floor next to the phone and toilets.

Are barns back on your list as they are loot-tastic now, after months of being empty teases.

The house with the light blue trim windows, but not the log cabin style abutment are food palaces now.

As for the OP and the protector cases, I've only ever found them on the bodies of corpses (corpses wearing cowboy hats, of course.. ;))

Are barns back on your list as they are loot-tastic now, after months of being empty teases.

Not only are they on my list... I have 3 dedicated barns as "camps" or logout spots...

OP the pub can absolutely still spawn protector cases

The pub is on my short list, weapon attachments spawn, clothing up to military pants, Food, medical supplies, great building.

I found one today in a red brick single storey house where medical stuff usually spawns.

OP the pub can absolutely still spawn protector cases

The pub is on my short list, weapon attachments spawn, clothing up to military pants, Food, medical supplies, great building.

It is indeed a pretty good residential spawn... but EVERYBODY KNOWS that...

I can't even begin to tell you how, for how any people I have personally made that exact building into a deathtrap.

Okok, sorry for bringing up this thread again but as I posted I've done some testing by now.

The yellow wooden houses with red roof, (empty selves in first room, kitchen and bedroom) do indeed spawn protector cases. I just found one in the kitchen as dayzdb states. Though I've checked around 250 of these houses in a week I would guess and thats pretty low %, or I'm just being incredebly unlucky. But I finally got answer to my question, now there is most likely one more house to check but I think that's the one that spawns loot under the house, Im afraid. Yet without confirmation.

So far what I'e seen with my own eyes and own confirmation. Places that spawn protector cases, at the current patch of 23.2.2014 on stable.

- Firestations

- Red brick buildings aka pubs

- Factory type building with machines, 3 office rooms, and a small second floor (housev2_03, on dayzdb)

- Quite big Yellow wooden houses with red roof

The red-greenish small houses, yet to be found any protector cases in!

-

Hey fellow players!

I have never seen one in yellow houses but they still spawn in fire stations and the red brick buildings with the bar in front (although the latter is very rare). Also, don't rely on Dayz DB for loot.

I have never seen one in yellow houses but they still spawn in fire stations and the red brick buildings with the bar in front (although the latter is very rare). Also, don't rely on Dayz DB for loot.

Check my last post! That's why I made this thread to check out if I can trust dayzdb on that front. But after lot of research I finally got some confirmation on at least one of the buildings :)