alleycat

Is there anything being planned that incentivizes not shooting on sight?

Nothing will EVER make someone not KoS you.

Get that idea out of your head. RIGHT NOW!!!

As much as you might dislike it, the penalty could be a 7day ban from that server, and people will STILL DO IT.

If you want to play a purely pve zombie game, maybe look somewhere else.

DAYZ IS NOT THAT GAME.

KoS = killing anyone for no reason

Banditry = Killing people for items

Against KoS =/= against PvP

got it? or do you need charts and graphs to make you understand?

Oh no big scary man. I'm shaking. I can be fully geared in a couple of hours at most. You may get your rocks off by shooting my pixels but it means next to nothing when I can have the same gear again in no time. 

I don't care about getting killed but it should be a lot harder to gear up.

Almost gave you beans for that last sentence. (like anyone cares lol).

I'm not some big scary man amongst men.

Simply illustrating that the KoS players are the force that makes DayZ such a uniquely emotional game.

That same exact alertness, dread, anticipation, etc that I mention ---> I GET THAT TOO!!!

I never know heading to my spot for the day, if someone is already watching ME and waiting for the perfect moment to strike!

But you are right... I have, over time, gotten less attached to my characters.

After a few deaths you just start to realize that it takes absolutely minimal time to gear back to exactly where/what you were, if not better.

But, it being alpha and all... im fine with it.

I do however wait with HEAVY anticipation and glee the expansion of crafting.

I once upon a time even wished that 70%+ of the items in DayZ would be crafted...

OH WELL!!!

• Like 3

You just dont get it.

You could make it where one single bullet will make every single piece of loot on the server explode and despawn AND kill me at the same time... I WILL STILL DO IT!!!

Edit: Infact... your suggestion, and even my over-the-top scenario... MAKES ME WANNA DO IT EVEN MORE!!!

Why? Why MUST you be such an unmitigated, unempathetic assnugget that enjoys ruining the play for other people? I must have just been raised the right way, because finding joy in other people's suffering is, well, disgusting to me. IRL, do you stop to help people pulled over on the side of the road? Hold the door open for someone, help an elderly person across the street? Or do you point and scream "SUCKS TO BE YOU, ASSHOLE!"

because, to be entirely serious, that is the vibe I am starting to get from certain supporters of the KOS playstyle. Pure, unmitigated, assfuckery

• Like 2

KoS = killing anyone for no reason

Banditry = Killing people for items

Against KoS =/= against PvP

got it? or do you need charts and graphs to make you understand?

Oh, i do!

I just wish more people would "get" that my entertainment for the day... is YOU.

I do not want, nor do I need your gear.

In future, who knows. Maybe that will change. Maybe gear and food will be so scarce that it would take me a month to get back to where I am now...

But what people fail to understand... is that at that moment... I will be a god on that server. The likelihood of dying at such a geared point, versus everyone else, is so slim that I would simply continue the behaviour anyway.

The only way you remove KoS, EVER, is by disabling EVERY method of killing another player PERMANENTLY.

Hence... no KoS = Farmville.

Without the douche bags the game becomes boring.  I tend to not KoS, but if I spot you in a sniper spot and you allow me the 10 shots it takes to finally hit on target, your ass is mine.  I will also add that I've had more positive encounters than negative ones.

• Like 1

I have zero issues with being killed on site. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT EVEN IN THE MOD. If I am killed on site it means I screwed up somehow (I wasn't aware of my surroundings, I did not give myself an advantage, I made an error, I was not well hidden, ect) I am not sure why people run around heavily populated areas expecting not to be shot at. Or they run out into the open waving their arms and then complain about killing on site. In an apocalypse I do not believe you would run right up to a person with a gun and say hi. You would be extremely cautious, stealthy, and calculated.

• Like 2

Why? Why MUST you be such an unmitigated, unempathetic assnugget that enjoys ruining the play for other people? I must have just been raised the right way, because finding joy in other people's suffering is, well, disgusting to me. IRL, do you stop to help people pulled over on the side of the road? Hold the door open for someone, help an elderly person across the street? Or do you point and scream "SUCKS TO BE YOU, ASSHOLE!"

because, to be entirely serious, that is the vibe I am starting to get from certain supporters of the KOS playstyle. Pure, unmitigated, assfuckery

Why?

3 words.

Because I can.

• Like 4

Why? Why MUST you be such an unmitigated, unempathetic assnugget that enjoys ruining the play for other people? 

Question right back at you bud! 

This is how he gets his entertainment, this is how he gets his rocks off.  I used to play another online game with a guy that set up a charity (and still runs it to this day), he's the biggest troll going.  If I invited him to DayZ I wouldn't play with him cuz I'd be paranoid he'd shoot me in the back for the lulz...

Why? Why MUST you be such an unmitigated, unempathetic assnugget that enjoys ruining the play for other people? I must have just been raised the right way, because finding joy in other people's suffering is, well, disgusting to me. IRL, do you stop to help people pulled over on the side of the road? Hold the door open for someone, help an elderly person across the street? Or do you point and scream "SUCKS TO BE YOU, ASSHOLE!"

Question right back at you bud! 

This is how he gets his entertainment, this is how he gets his rocks off.  I used to play another online game with a guy that set up a charity (and still runs it to this day), he's the biggest troll going.  If I invited him to DayZ I wouldn't play with him cuz I'd be paranoid he'd shoot me in the back for the lulz...

Amen, sir. Amen.

You telling me NOT to do this, or NOT to play that way... that ruins MY gameplay.

You are doing EXACTLY what you preach me not to do...

Sorry, Mart, im outta beans...

Edited by Wheunis
  • Like 1

I will be blunt here. For those of you that say that KoSing is a prime feature in this game, you are psychos. If you KoS just because it's fun, or you're bored, you would be dead if this was RL. For everyone else that has a more... logical reason, like extreme paranoia, or very anti-social, you're still nuts, but at least I would give you a chance to calm down before I blow your brains out.

That implies i whould share your leftover "morals" from before the apocalypse. There are no psychos anymore man.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Amen, sir. Amen.

You telling me NOT to do this, or NOT to play that way... that ruins MY gameplay.

You are doing EXACTLY what you preach me not to do...

Sorry, Mart, im outta beans...

Reading comprehension is your friend. Not understanding/enjoying a certain playstyle =/= telling you not to do it. I never told you to not do what you want. Go rub your e-peen all you want about how you are the "KOS MASTAH". I'll just be judging you, and the rest of your asshole brethren.

Reading comprehension is your friend. Not understanding/enjoying a certain playstyle =/= telling you not to do it. I never told you to not do what you want. Go rub your e-peen all you want about how you are the "KOS MASTAH". I'll just be judging you, and the rest of your asshole brethren.

Not only do I understand you, I encourage you.

I want you to hate me and my brothers so bad that you make it your life's mission to hunt us down.

My job in this game is to evoke the most powerful emotions from a player as is humanly possible in a GAME.

Any emotion of any kind I evoke in ANYONE i ever deal with ingame, is a win.

Once that is done, even for just one person, once per day... I have made DayZ a better game.

I have given some guy or girl, somewhere, a post for their blog.

A story to tell their squad when they meet up again.

Even if it's a story of how they managed to spot me and outsmart me and take all my stuff and give it to needy kids in the mountains...

If I do not make a WORTHY MEMORY in another player's mind, then my job is not done.

Even if that memory is pure seething hatred. I will take it, with a side of revenge if possible.

• Like 3

You can judge all you like, but Wheunis get's ya blood pumping and the adrenalin rushing like no Zed ever could.  Yes, he also makes you wanna scream, punch ya kitten and kick ya puppy.  He also as the power to make you smile and laugh.  Without players like him my DayZ experience would be far less fulfilling. 

• Like 1

Then I can't quite get around to thinking why, is there satisfaction in just making someone re-gear in about 2-3~hours depending on what they want?

Yes, absolutely. Because that someone may just be you, who clearly gets inconsolably butthurt by someone else whose playstyle is an affront to your delicate sensibilities. People like you will rage during that whole 2-3 hours about the pristine this or that you'll never be able to replace, or that rare vest that took you a week to find and now its gone...

Hell yes that is satisfying as shit. Even more satisfying is if you are only unconscious, and I can get to your body and get you raging on direct comms- and all i take from you is your can opener, whether I need it or not. The more you whine about it, the more satisfying it is.

• Like 4

Would you dummies mind NOT spiraling out of control and out of topic? I want to know if the developers intend to add any carebear support to the game.

So stop arguing over the morality of shooting other players in a game that has guns as prized loot and only players to use them on

Edited by alleycat

Would you dummies mind NOT spiraling out of control and out of topic? I want to know if the developers intend to add any carebear support to the game.

So stop arguing over the morality of shooting other players in a game that has guns as prized loot and only players to use them on

The point was to illustrate that not only will carebearing NEVER be an intended mode of play for the developers, but the following:

NOTHING will EVER make us NOT kill you.

• Like 1

The point was to illustrate that not only will carebearing NEVER be an intended mode of play for the developers, but the following:

NOTHING will EVER make us NOT kill you.

A proper fatigue system, dangerous animals in the woods, larger zombie hordes, food scarcity and starving to death, weather and elements effects, diseases.  I could keep going but those are some of the things that may make their way into the game and sure, you still can kill people, but when you are slowly freezing to death and people recognize you as being a douche, well, you won't be getting any help or sympathy.  So in the end, KoS will still be a part of the game but it will be lessened due to players having to actually try to survive in this, ahem, survival game.  So you are correct that nothing will ever make you not kill people.

• Like 2

A proper fatigue system, dangerous animals in the woods, larger zombie hordes, food scarcity and starving to death, weather and elements effects, diseases.  I could keep going but those are some of the things that may make their way into the game and sure, you still can kill people, but when you are slowly freezing to death and people recognize you as being a douche, well, you won't be getting any help or sympathy.  So in the end, KoS will still be a part of the game but it will be lessened due to players having to actually try to survive in this, ahem, survival game.  So you are correct that nothing will ever make you not kill people.

If anything, all those things would make me want to kill others even more.

Above and beyond that, the few who make it out alive from a hail of bullets as provided by me and my kin, are more likely to go find someone else to kill if they were, say, caught in the middle of a blizzard and looking for clothing that isnt ruined...

Above and beyond that, the few who make it out alive from a hail of bullets as provided by me and my kin, are more likely to go find someone else to kill if they were, say, caught in the middle of a blizzard and looking for clothing that isnt ruined...

So as you are surrounded by infected hordes, you think you'll still have the ammo capacity to go run around and kill people?  I think you clearly do not understand what DayZ is all about.  Yes, KoS is and still be part of the game but as the game further develops, you're little CoD fun time won't be as easy as you think it will be.

• Like 2

ALRIGHT! We get it! You are a crazed serial killer IRL! Now go out and shoot somebody!

That is a point, however what is the life expectancy of a player entering a dangerous town? You would be dead really quickly long before any health complications even set in. The whole survival part is sort of pointless because the only stuff that matters is to get a gun and then find someone to shoot it with

So as you are surrounded by infected hordes, you think you'll still have the ammo capacity to go run around and kill people?  I think you clearly do not understand what DayZ is all about.  Yes, KoS is and still be part of the game but as the game further develops, you're little CoD fun time won't be as easy as you think it will be.

As long as I have even the slightest physical advantage over a Zed, it won't matter.

If I can outrun them as an only option, I will do so.

If i can kill them with melee oneshots from a Fireaxe, I will do so.

If i can hide/los them (like in mod) then i will lose them behind a hill or building and flank back around.

There is nothing they can do to Zeds that would make the sort of impact that people think it SHOULD.

Sure. The Zeds might slow me down overall.

Instead of killing 2 players per X timeperiod, I might only end up doing 1.

At the same time, factor that with all the "roadblocks" that affect me, will also affect my "targets".

So instead of 2 people per X timeperiod coming into my "killzone", now it might only be 1 anyway...

There is always a give and a take for everything that happens in such a system.

As long as I have even the slightest physical advantage over a Zed, it won't matter.

If I can outrun them as an only option, I will do so.

If i can kill them with melee oneshots from a Fireaxe, I will do so.

If i can hide/los them (like in mod) then i will lose them behind a hill or building and flank back around.

There is nothing they can do to Zeds that would make the sort of impact that people think it SHOULD.

Sure. The Zeds might slow me down overall.

Instead of killing 2 players per X timeperiod, I might only end up doing 1.

At the same time, factor that with all the "roadblocks" that affect me, will also affect my "targets".

So instead of 2 people per X timeperiod coming into my "killzone", now it might only be 1 anyway...

There is always a give and a take for everything that happens in such a system.

Wow, you really don't get it do you.  Fatigue.  Causing you to not run full tilt, bringing you to a slow walking pace, almost to unconsciousness.  I can almost feel your rage as the player you were chasing slowly fades into the distance as the world goes grey and blurry around you.

• Like 1