Sign in to follow this  
oregonized

It finally happened...

I was killed by a teleporting hacker on a hardcore server.  I logged out at the NEAF hidden in a bush last night and logged back in this morning and the server was empty.  The doors on the building I was facing had it's door closed, then suddenly they flew open and I kept my gun aimed at the doors.  I checked the server list and one other player was on the server.  The next thing I know I am getting lit up from behind and never saw the guy come through those doors.  Congratulations on having a tiny penis, bro.

Its a trap!

Was there still only 1 player on when the shooting started?

Suppose there was a scout at the airfield who had friends standing by (in limbo) to jump in. They picked strategic spots on that server before they logged and can join the second you get spotted by the scout. The scout throws open the doors to distract you while remaining safe behind cover. His friend(s) log back on the server behind your location. ready, aim, fire..

Maybe there needs to be discontinuity regarding location when you spawn. The fact that they could spawn at a predetermined position, gave them the opportunity to make this trap.

Its a trap!

Was there still only 1 player on when the shooting started?

Suppose there was a scout at the airfield who had friends standing by (in limbo) to jump in. They picked strategic spots on that server before they logged and can join the second you get spotted by the scout. The scout throws open the doors to distract you while remaining safe behind cover. His friend(s) log back on the server behind your location. ready, aim, fire..

Maybe there needs to be discontinuity regarding location when you spawn. The fact that they could spawn at a predetermined position, gave them the opportunity to make this trap.

It was only that ONE guy and myself on the server.

This needed its own thread. :thumbsup:

Everyone else does it, so why not?   ;)

Did you desynch because when the door opened he very well could have ran out. You would/may not have seen that happen if you desynched from the server.

Serves you right for being a loot whore...

Actually, I had just made it there earlier and had to camp because I had things to do.

Did you desynch because when the door opened he very well could have ran out. You would/may not have seen that happen if you desynched from the server.

When I pressed "P" to check the server list, it didn't show any desync so I am going to go with no, I did not desync.

Serves you right for not posting in the other thread which is 3 pages long, instead of making a separate thread about how special you are :p

• Like 5

Serves you right for not posting in the other thread which is 3 pages long, instead of making a separate thread about how special you are :P

Everyone else gets to make threads to feel special, why can't I?

• Like 1

Everyone else gets to make threads to feel special, why can't I?

*facepalm*

Anyway, the situation i described is possible and should be adressed?

Anyway, the situation i described is possible and should be adressed?

What needs to be addressed?  There was ONLY one person on the server with me and magically he appears right behind me in some bushes that there is no possible way he would have seen me.

Everyone else does it, so why not?   ;)

lol

what a naive assessment of the situation

What needs to be addressed?  There was ONLY one person on the server with me and magically he appears right behind me in some bushes that there is no possible way he would have seen me.

People are upset because hacking. I am one of them. Embrace it, my friend; accepting it is much less painful. And remember, when in doubt...

lol

what a naive assessment of the situation

It was just a smartass remark for a stupid comment.

I would rather make my own thread for my own story instead of taking away from someone else's story.

If people don't like it, fuck them.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like a teleport to me.

Yeah, the doors just magically open, he runs out of the building without me seeing him, and he somehow knows exactly where I am hidden. 

Im so sick of the fucking cheaters ruining this game.  Why dont the developers take some fucking pride in their gravy train and make an effort to stop them?   

It was just a smartass remark for a stupid comment.

I would rather make my own thread for my own story instead of taking away from someone else's story.

If people don't like it, fuck them.

are you implying you are a smartass? :D