Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Current player spawns (remote far south east corner of the map) are too remote and boring.

Current player spawns (remote far south east corner of the map) are too remote and boring. It takes 2-4km to the next large town. Before if players spawned near a large town there was at least excitement. Now it is just:

1. jam object next to W key to activate autorun

2. Run to next large town

Survival is supposed to be    not knowing how the next 10 minutes will be. But all its now is knowing exactly that nothing will happen because you have to run a straight line to next gun loot.

And any other loot does not matter.

The game should have far more guns right from the start and instead reduced other loot.

Edited by alleycat

Why not go the whole hog and just be loaded in fully kitted up and healthy...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You are not supposed to just spawn and "Oh look, a gun".

Personally, I think they need to lower the spawn rate of guns (which is coming).

• Like 5

I disagree, survival is fighting to live through whatever you find when you spawn in. Increase variety of guns/ammo but decrease the amount of guns/ammo entirely.

I feel you only get enjoyment by grabbing a gun and shooting people without a gun, try talking to the people/ hold them up. It leads to a lot more interesting things.

• Like 2

...try talking to the people/ hold them up. It leads to a lot more interesting things.

Have actually met some great friends this way lol

• Like 2

your playing the wrong game m8

you know, i expect these kind of threads from people with 1-10 posts...you have 160, but then again you signed up in Dec...so maybe you are just a SA bandwagon jumper

try playing the mod, learn the experience from Vanilla to Overwatch and you will understand a bit more about the genre

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 1

Current player spawns (remote far south east corner of the map) are too remote and boring. It takes 2-4km to the next large town. Before if players spawned near a large town there was at least excitement. Now it is just:

1. jam object next to W key to activate autorun

2. Run to next large town

Survival is supposed to be    not knowing how the next 10 minutes will be. But all its now is knowing exactly that nothing will happen because you have to run a straight line to next gun loot.

The game should have far more guns right from the start and instead reduced other loot.

Takes 'bout 10 mins to run to Balota from the "remote" SE, bro.

<<you have to run a straight line to next gun loot>>

yes - but you have to GET there.. running up the coast is <<not knowing how the next 10 minutes will be>>

Hehe, that's Survival right there. Memorize the map, learn to navigate, go across country.

OR get yourself an axe and run to the 'remote' NW corner of the map, see if there's any WATER in the lake up there. We might meet.

xx pilgrim

It would be nice to get a BIT of variety when you spawn. Like spawning shouldnt be limited to the east coast. I would Love to be fresh spawned in the middle of the woods somewhere or on a mountain instead of the coast. It would get people off the coast and it would make travelling north a bit more unpredictable. As the game is now I know full well that I can go to almost any town inland and find unlooted houses/buildings/bases. With random spawns the entire dynamic of the game would be changed.

• Like 1

You are not supposed to just spawn and "Oh look, a gun".

Personally, I think they need to lower the spawn rate of guns (which is coming).

This. 

And the line in the OP where you said

because you have to run a straight line to next gun loot.

made me laugh because it's not true at all.  The kids who play the game like it's Call of Dooty will say this.  But people who play as a survival game will not.  If your one sole purpose in the game is to b-line to the nearest gun spawn and then to the next, you may be looking for a different game than DayZ.

• Like 3

It would be nice to get a BIT of variety when you spawn. Like spawning shouldnt be limited to the east coast. I would Love to be fresh spawned in the middle of the woods somewhere or on a mountain instead of the coast. It would get people off the coast and it would make travelling north a bit more unpredictable. As the game is now I know full well that I can go to almost any town inland and find unlooted houses/buildings/bases. With random spawns the entire dynamic of the game would be changed.

The ideal situation would be something like that, but you have to remember that the Chernarus map wasn't constructed specifically for DayZ and there are places on the map that players of a certain type would definately prefer to spawn close to. It is difficult to create a balanced set of spawn points that are both interesting and survivable without giving away to much advantage to one player over another.

While currently we are still in the situation where some spawns do indeed have more advantages to others, I'd hope that there may be some more tweaking of these positions to try and alleviate the worst of those.

Ideally, a new map designed specifically for DayZ where all these considerations can be taken into account would be great. Probably not on the todo list for the next few months, though.

Edited by DJPorterNZ

I've spawned a couple of times in Novy Sobor which was pretty cool.  I do think spawning should be a bit more spread out, because bambi's are too easy to hunt since everyone knows where they will be.

Fixing buildings that do not spawn loot currently and randomizing more of the civilian type weapons will help greatly in this regard.

It shouldn't be  Spawn -> Run to office,piano,archway building get weapon -> Get food and water -> go to airfield get milspec clothes -> return to coast to kill everything. 

The third floor office building should not ALWAYS have military loot, just like the first floor should not ALWAYS have food, just like the piano building should not ALWAYS have weapons. 

Make every building have a slim chance rather than having a high percentage chance at certain civilian buildings. 

your playing the wrong game m8

you know, i expect these kind of threads from people with 1-10 posts...you have 160, but then again you signed up in Dec...so maybe you are just a SA bandwagon jumper

try playing the mod, learn the experience from Vanilla to Overwatch and you will understand a bit more about the genre

I got more dayz and arma street cred than you will ever have, I can tell what area I am in on chernarus by seeing a screenshot looking at the sky directly. Besides a high post count is a sign of increased stupidity and mental health damage from exposure to internet. Not a sign of great dayz skill

I am just that good.

Takes 'bout 10 mins to run to Balota from the "remote" SE, bro.

<<you have to run a straight line to next gun loot>>

yes - but you have to GET there.. running up the coast is <<not knowing how the next 10 minutes will be>>

Hehe, that's Survival right there. Memorize the map, learn to navigate, go across country.

OR get yourself an axe and run to the 'remote' NW corner of the map, see if there's any WATER in the lake up there. We might meet.

xx pilgrim

I just find it boring. Spawning in solnichny means jamming a coin near the W key and go have a drink for 5-10 minutes. Its like fast travel but slow.

Edited by alleycat