Tikka (DayZ)

Nearly got an heart attack when entering a prison

This game freaks me out. never thought of myself to react that way when i encounter someone, but since dayz i happen to expect the worst of everyone:

• Like 1

So you shot an unarmed guy on sight?

You are like everything that is wrong with this game.

• Like 5

I rember playing the mod (or a version of it, i don't remeber) i'd spawned in Cherno, found a hatchet and was making my way to the firestation. I find nothing till i get to the top floor. I find another guy with an 870 out, i freak and just whale on him, no talking, no negotiation just a full on hatchet beat down.

I find that he has a ton of gear on him (i guess this firestation was good to him) including a makarovSD. 30mins of guilt i find myself in a house, not willing to go on with this character from the enormous regret i had. I hit esc and the suicide button (server was modded from normal a bit) and watched as the character put that makarov to his head and pulled the trigger.

DayZ is the type of game that makes you dwell on your decisions. I'd never though i'd just kill in the game before trying to talk and this moment was a shock. This is a game that makes you live with your decisions, good and bad, make sure you wont regret them.

• Like 4

right, thats the point why i posted it. i never thought i could become one of those but please tell me you would have reacted different when you encounter someone in a high value military spawn area sprinting towards you...

• Like 1

Triggerhappy. Why are you hacking at him when he's clearly dead? You ruin gear. Better to loot with weapon lowered and when he starts to stand up you just hit tab and finish him off

Triggerhappy. Why are you hacking at him when he's clearly dead? You ruin gear. Better to loot with weapon lowered and when he starts to stand up you just hit tab and finish him off

because i just spawned and only had the nine bullets i fired and i was afraid... btw he was not clearly dead as you can hear the "ouahhhh" when i hit him with the axe

because i just spawned and only had the nine bullets i fired and i was afraid... btw he was not clearly dead as you can hear the "ouahhhh" when i hit him with the axe

You haven't played Dayz SA enought then. Well - better be safe than sorry in this case i guess. :) Gratz on kill. 

hey guys, just to clarify, i'm in no case proud of this kill! I wanted to show you that there can be situations where you have no time to think about what to do and just happen to react on your reflexes. 

I felt really threatened when I was confronted with a person sprinting at me with helmet and tactical west and some woody thing on his back (nobody can tell me that he could have said in 1/10 of a second if it was an sks, mosin or just the baseballbat). furthermore there have been so many reports of people just running towards you to punch you in the face...

I don't want to justify this kill for which i am really sorry, but i really want to see someone in the same situation reacting different...

• Like 1

I've done the same, Panic when a guy comes diving round the corner and just sprayed that m4 into him. It's an unfortunate consequence of the paranoia that DayZ inflicts =p

Don't feel bad, he didn't even make an attempt to make contact either.

Edited by Qu1n

I understand the firing because if he has a friend also coming out, etc,etc. Don't understand the axe part. He was unarmed and you just gunned his ass down, robbed him of the rest of his life, permanently severed him of his ties with whatever family he had, etc, wasn't that enough for you? Did you know some people hardly ever kill others in this game?

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

We all get paranoid in the long run.

Basic example is always the talk on comms - "Am I getting paranoid or I hear someone eating ?"

Further down the madness road you start killing friendlies by mistaked, just because they entered unseen in a building, changed their headweat and as everyone was hot from a fire fight he gets murdered because he had a helmet instead of the baseball cap...

... pure distilled madness !!! and proper hilarious paranoid cackling on TS.

This game freaks me out. never thought of myself to react that way when i encounter someone, but since dayz i happen to expect the worst of everyone:

LoL You sure you didn't enjoy that axing a little??.. you didn't think the 4-5 30 caliber rifle wounds were sufficient?

I for one can attest to being in a "heightened" state of paranoia whilst in military facilities.  KoSers and dickholes both have attested in numerous forum threads to douchebaggery such as lying in wait for military loot gatherers, so when a fully kitted guy comes tearing around a corner inside a military building, I have a hard time blaming you.

I considered using the mic to announce the fact that I'm outside when entering military buildings, but it's a two way street.  That same douchebaggery might mean I've given myself away, and they'll just wait silently for me to enter. I just try my best to identify a weapon in their hand or staccato my movement a little, hoping to hear anyone moving around when I stop. 

and what is wrong with that? It may not be how YOU want people to play the game...but you didn't buy it for him. Let him play it how HE wants to.

• Like 3

I have to imagine he had a bit more of a heart attack when you opened up on him like that, although one should always expect gunfire when at an airstrip/base.

Edited by GpB311

I understand what OP is saying. There's so many people out there that will kill you if you hesitate even an instant to try and talk to them. If you're looting a building, better to just be ready to shoot on sight.

Where I think the OP is wrong is where he took an axe to finish off the unconscious person. If he truly felt any remorse for having gone off on a helpless scavenger, he could've bandaged him up and... y'know... *not* taken an axe to his neck.

So... overall, that was a dick move, OP.

Edited by Ubernaut
  • Like 1

I understand what OP is saying. There's so many people out there that will kill you if you hesitate even an instant to try and talk to them. If you're looting a building, better to just be ready to shoot on sight.

Where I think the OP is wrong is where he took an axe to finish off the unconscious person. If he truly felt any remorse for having gone off on a helpless scavenger, he could've bandaged him up and... y'know... *not* taken an axe to his neck.

So... overall, that was a dick move, OP.

Easy to be the armchair quarterback, when its not you whose veins are being pumped full of adrenaline.

OTOH, I would have shot him as well, but simply on principle- I am at the airfield to gear up, and I don't share well with strangers.

• Like 2

So i tell you why I took out my axe: I was a new spawn, only had a sks with 9 rounds and no ammo for my revolver. How can I be sure he has no sidearm and will rise. Even if he was a generally friendly player, sure as hell he wouldn't be amused somebody shot at him. as adrenaline was pushing through my head the only possibility I saw was finish him.

Afterwards I know I could also have searched him.....

So yeah, now I know better and maybe I announce my entering of every building now in direct communication.. or at least try to safe my victim

hey guys, just to clarify, i'm in no case proud of this kill! I wanted to show you that there can be situations where you have no time to think about what to do and just happen to react on your reflexes. 

LOL!

You shot him (ok, Ill give you that one as it happened within seconds), but were you so scared, you switched weapons to an axe and started hacking?

MUURDEEEREEER!

Gollum.jpg

FINALLY!!! A REAL hero!!!!!!!

at least he wasn't a coward to yell "please dont shoot me" with a girly scared voice.

You shot an unarmed man in the back, as he was running away. Then you chopped him up.

It's on video.

• Like 2

Easy to be the armchair quarterback, when its not you whose veins are being pumped full of adrenaline.

OTOH, I would have shot him as well, but simply on principle- I am at the airfield to gear up, and I don't share well with strangers.

Hey now, I didn't say he was wrong to shoot the guy. But he's presenting this to us suggesting we give our opinion on his course of action. So I opine that taking an axe to someone who's obviously down for the count already is not justifiable through reasons such as "adrenaline" and "paranoia".

The only honest reason you can give for doing that is "I like killing people."  I mean, which is fine.

Both of you know the risk of getting to airfield, 2 men enter one man leaves. Same happened to me today and even i didnt shot first i prevailed and got all the gear i needed and left the rest of base untouched