Sign in to follow this  
RedPhantomX4

LongRangeScope VS Acog VS Iron

Wassup guys! I just found my first LongRangeScope yesterday for the Mosin. I always try to find a Mosin just becuz i like it more then the M4. I have always got my kills with the IronSights and dont really care for the AcogScope, so my question is...What is ur guys favorite Scope for the Mosin, and how good are you guys with the LongRangeScope?

Better than the PU scope, can't seem to hit shit with it. I get close, but never where I want it to shoot. 

Long range or irons all the way.

Wassup guys! I just found my first LongRangeScope yesterday for the Mosin. I always try to find a Mosin just becuz i like it more then the M4. I have always got my kills with the IronSights and dont really care for the AcogScope, so my question is...What is ur guys favorite Scope for the Mosin, and how good are you guys with the LongRangeScope?

Pu is alright its just well for shorter ranged shots i have found it reasonable accurate?? what is it you dont like about it ?? was it pristine and were you making standing crouched or prone shots bipod or no ???

The LRS is better for sure good for scouting an area plus yeah last time i had one .33 i could make 600m plus shots on zeds comfortably  while using a bipod prone from height...

• Like 1

Personally, I try to switch it up depending on the situation. That is to say if I have found an extra sight or two.

If I do have extra sights I'll keep them in the slots right underneath my rifle to make it quicker to switch one out for the other. Though you didn't mention it, I would prefer the red dot for most engagements.

Well since you can only use the LRS, PU, or irons for me it's easy.

The LRS everytime if I can find it. Only because there are no Binoculars..

If I can't find the LRS which I havent in two patches thanks to hoppers I prefer the Irons. The PU's zoom and FOV make for a terrible combo. They need to give you more FOV and a clear image around the PU scope untill you hold your breath which it should then go to the view we see now. Which is a pretty good one eye closed view behind the scope...

I only play 3PP:Off. If you don't you may not get my point due to it being easyier and safer to stay in 3PP. Not hacking anyones play style FYI! Cause if you roll 3PP all the time this may seem like a neat feature instead of what I think as a 3PP:Off player is a must have. That white Dot shit should be removed from Hardcore and having this fix would make up for that....

Edited by RyBo

Well since you can only use the LRS, PU, or irons for me it's easy...

The LRS everytime if I can find it. Only because there are no Binoculars...

If I can't find the LRS which I havent in two patches thanks to hoppers I prefer the Irons. The PU's zoom and FOV make for a terrible combo.

The zoom indeed doesnt seem to fit the discription... Still with pu i am happy to make 100 to 150 yard shots ( so not really better than the iron sights or much ..) but i do like the nice look of the 3d modelled scope but no doubt prefer the scouting an area ability of the LRS.

I carry a pristine acog purely to trade if i ever find someone willing to trade dont use the m4 as primary choices for me go mosin/ sks/double rifle/shot gun/ m4 but much of that is personal prefrence rather than effectiveness..

Edited by SoulFirez

I don't like the PU because it's really hard to shoot moving targets at close range with the blocky sights. I can't judge accurately where I should shoot with it. 

The thinner sights let me judge a lot better. (Short range with these 2 sights to me is 50-100 meters. If I know some one is getting close, switch to irons real quick or just hipfire)

Personal preference really. 

What is ur guys favorite Scope for the Mosin, and how good are you guys with the LongRangeScope?

LRS is what I use on my Mosin. Lower masters level for sure. Very few shots I can't make.

Well since you can only use the LRS, PU, or irons for me it's easy.

The LRS everytime if I can find it. Only because there are no Binoculars..

If I can't find the LRS which I havent in two patches thanks to hoppers I prefer the Irons. The PU's zoom and FOV make for a terrible combo. They need to give you more FOV and a clear image around the PU scope untill you hold your breath which it should then go to the view we see now. Which is a pretty good one eye closed view behind the scope...

I only play 3PP:Off. If you don't you may not get my point due to it being easyier and safer to stay in 3PP. Not hacking anyones play style FYI! Cause if you roll 3PP all the time this may seem like a neat feature instead of what I think as a 3PP:Off player is a must have. That white Dot shit should be removed from Hardcore and having this fix would make up for that....

Damn you added much more to your post after i quoted it ... yeah i play 1pp servers only and can understand what you mean it does make more sense to implement it as you described guess i am to used to compensating for the flaws in how they present things than asking them to change ( probably not a good thing been playing arma games 8 or so years)

Many things i wish they did differently one of those is the bolting( or should i say automatic bolting of the rifle) but doesnt the acog suffer similar flaws?? i dont honestly use m4 so i am legit asking i assume it does...

Long range all the way. If you know how to use it that is. Shoots a bit to the left all the times I've had it, so when you are at 5-800m if you aim just to their right and the zeroing is correct you should get the hit every time. Plus, since the game lacks binoculars it is good to carry around even if you don't use it to shoot.

Edited by LigerRider

the pu would be perfect if it had the right magnafication ( x3.5 ) instead of the 1.3 crap we have now.

• Like 1

I hit a sniper the first time using a mosin with iron sights. He was at 150-200. Anything better than iron should do some good, but I've noticed guns are kind of shit unless zeroed properly.

can't seem to hit shit with it. I get close, but never where I want it to shoot. 

That's probably because you didn't set the scope to the adequate meters. I believe the default for a PU scope is 100 meters. You can set them up higher, or lower. 

That's probably because you didn't set the scope to the adequate meters. I believe the default for a PU scope is 100 meters. You can set them up higher, or lower. 

use the sights to estimate the range 

550px-Gews_pu_scope_diagram_2.png

• Like 3

love the long range scope, i think you should be able to use a long range scope as binoculars, for the M4 acog scope.

Well i kinda changed my mind with the PU scope now, cuz last night i found out the *sneaky* way to see closer with it with the FieldOfView option.... >:)

I've noticed guns are kind of shit unless zeroed properly.

Um... yeah... I'm confused. Are you saying they are not accurate if you sight them in for the wrong range. Um... Of course not. :)

Um... yeah... I'm confused. Are you saying they are not accurate if you sight them in for the wrong range. Um... Of course not. :)

Captain Obvious strikes again D:

Nah, it's zero'd correctly, it's harder to hit moving targets with it because at range the big block horizontal lines obscure my target when they're on the move.

The thin lines of the LRS gives me better view of my target and therefore better judgement of where I should aim.

I keep both of the scopes with me just in case because sometimes when I use the LRS it gives me tunnel vision, and that is the major flaw of most snipers in this game right now. They get tunnel vision and they get killed due to ignorance to their surroundings

I keep both of the scopes with me just in case because sometimes when I use the LRS it gives me tunnel vision, and that is the major flaw of most snipers in this game right now. They get tunnel vision and they get killed due to ignorance to their surroundings

You mean how it is in real life?? if a sniper is focused on whats down his scope he is taken his attention away from his immediate surroundings. Thats why they choose high out of the way semi safe spots and well bring a spotter with a closer range weapon on them for defence and to aid there sniping...

• Like 1