nvrsbr

Handcars

I was thinking since we have all this railroad track running around why not add Handcars.

Have it so they take 2 people to power and they travel at about double run speed.

I think they would fit in very nicely.

TRT1580.jpg

Edited by nvrsbr

Already been talked about. Probably will be denied due to massive stackings of them.

Sitting at the top of a hill outside of Chernogorsk, I peer through my scoped rifle scouting the distance around the hills just north of the city. I lay picking off anyone coming around the bend of the hill. I spot two people on the railway track,moving at speed where it is unlikely that I have never seen someone move faster than they can run. Their heads are bobbing up and down in an alternating fashion. I chuckled at wondering the idea of what they were doing, giving each other head, at high speed. Being curious, I upped my zoom levels to get a closer look. The greenish, yellowish, painted vehicle, a handcar blended with the scenery of the hill beside them, impossible to notice at the distance I lay at.

I spotted two more people on similar looking handcars with my free eye just down the track. Heading in the opposing direction the two people I spotted by the hill are heading on, they are on the same, and only track. I cannot help but succumb to laughter as I foresee the fate these people are about to fall in to. 

With the mechanics of these vehicles being only of steel moving parts, one would hope they'd stop in time. With the four people instantaneously dying as they collided because of reasons unknown, it followed with a massive explosion that can be heard and seen from many miles. 

As I lay here laughing, and pondering the scenario of why this happened. I came to thought,

"Who in their stupid mind would put more than one hand car on the same track?"

Beheld by such a thought, one could guess that it would have been impossible to use one handcar and leave it behind, hoping that it'd be used in such a fashion where it is the only source of transportation for only a few would endure.

One person can do that solo.  The one I work with can fit 6 adults (or 20 Filipino workers, as was the custom in Hawaii in the old days)

still.. you could just have this "phantom hand car" NPC ride past on the tracks now and again.. some old zombie grinding away on it who isnt interested in eating your brains... >< kind of like the Headless horseman out of Skyrim. I kind of like random things like that, discovering little "easter eggs" in the game.