Sign in to follow this  
dokibaxxi

This logout system seriously needs to be deleted

I'd only "delete" it if they came up with something better than the 5 min waiting period. The 30 second logout is doing the job properly preventing combat loggers, but the 5 min thing doesn't really solve the issue..

I'd only "delete" it if they came up with something better than the 5 min waiting period. The 30 second logout is doing the job properly preventing combat loggers, but the 5 min thing doesn't really solve the issue..

I've still had some people give up and log out when I have them at a disadvantage.

I've still had some people give up and log out when I have them at a disadvantage.

Gotta kill 'em faster then.

I personally think a minute of sitting, plus some sort of audio cue that would notify anyone who is within earshot (I dunno, moaning and pain sounds for now. Maybe the sounds of setting up a camp in the future.) would be best and would eliminate combat logging by people you have pinned down near by, yet don't have visual on.

This wouldn't help snipers of course, but who really cares if snipers lose a few kills?

I see five mins, and I'm thinking "yesssss, I can poop now"

Hah I like you.

But seriously you might have your priorities wrong, Pooping comes first before dayz.

I see five mins, and I'm thinking "yesssss, I can poop now"

Jayne, you are a crazy guy.

Gotta kill 'em faster then.

I personally think a minute of sitting, plus some sort of audio cue that would notify anyone who is within earshot (I dunno, moaning and pain sounds for now. Maybe the sounds of setting up a camp in the future.) would be best and would eliminate combat logging by people you have pinned down near by, yet don't have visual on.

This wouldn't help snipers of course, but who really cares if snipers lose a few kills?

The problem I encounter is exactly the one you describe. If I miss a shot (which happens often enough, I'm not fantastic) and they hide behind cover, I find they are just as likely log out as to continue fighting. That leaves me with a conundrum: do I rush up in the "hopes" (a terrible way to put it, but with the current system, it's accurate enough) that they are logging out, or do I keep my position in case they aren't logging out, but are waiting for me to place myself at a disadvantage?

I can't wait until grenades are introduced so I can flush people from cover.

Edit: Ideally, I'd like to see a system in place where some sort of suppression mechanic is introduced. Say, if bullets are impacting near you, or flying over your head, it interrupts or resets the logout process.

Edited by louist

Lulz...I get the OP's point.

I happen to live in the Sticks and my e-net drops all the time. Normaly back to back drop outs before it will be good for an hour or two or all night.

The first time isn't a problem it literaly starts where your logout timer left off which is awesome! Granted as long as you join the same server. It does suck terrible balls when you have to wait after your 2nd go around. That 5min timer kicks in and all I want to do is check my ping and see if I need to reset my shit one more time. To then come back with 500ping and again have to wait 5mins to find out. Ive had to wait 5 five mintue timers before....Which blows my mind that people are dealing with this and still hopping like the Dev's did nothing about it.

But these problems only effect probley like 5% of players.

Edited by RyBo

I am not a server hopper, it just really annoys me. I understand that there has to be done sg. against them, and combat loggers, but this is not okay like this

Why you lie me?

I'm glad to be an ape that loves this system.If someone still logged on you after you shot at him it's time to improve. Otherwise just wait. This isn't a pick your gear at loadout and spawn right in the thick of the action game. Take it slow.

OH NO! NOT THE FIVE FU*KING MINUTES! its 5 minutes, its nothing.

Being fairly new, I use it to have a look over the map...or you know... life.

Only alternative I can see for the logout system, is the same as with the eating/action system. In which you stay live for the 30 seconds, but are given the oppurtunity to cancel the timer amd resume game if being hunted by Z's?

To be honest, it's a game, it doesn't bug me that much.

Uh huh... this happens about half the time you say. The server just kicks you for no apparently reason and/or you have an authentication timeout. Have you looked at your internet connection? Because it sounds like a personal problem to me, not an issue with the game.

The servers that kick me or I get authentication timeout are BAD servers, because all my friends are kicked(and get timeouts) too. 

I like this system because it stops/slows down comat logging and server hopping. The annoying thing is, when there's a server restart right after you join/you get kicked/you get auth. timeout, and stuff like this, you have to wait that 5 minutes. So the ones who couldn't understand me, because they don't have the brain for it, I want to stop combat logging and server hopping, but also want to avoid the things I've listed

The servers that kick me or I get authentication timeout are BAD servers, because all my friends are kicked(and get timeouts) too. 

I like this system because it stops/slows down comat logging and server hopping. The annoying thing is, when there's a server restart right after you join/you get kicked/you get auth. timeout, and stuff like this, you have to wait that 5 minutes. So the ones who couldn't understand me, because they don't have the brain for it, I want to stop combat logging and server hopping, but also want to avoid the things I've listed

Are all your friends on the same ISP? Are they all from the same part of the country so they would be routing along the same backbone? If not then you are correct, the server is BAD. However, if you find a good server that doesn't kick you.... why would go to another server? Why are you encountering all these suddenly bad servers you seem to be randomly trying to join? Hmmmmmmmm....

so... in summary I conclude you either:

1. Have bad internet

2. Keep joining random servers instead of logging into servers you know don't drop you constantly (I can think of a reason why someone might do this besides insanity but that is what the feature was designed to help combat)

3. Live in such a remote place in the world that every single server is too far away for a reliable connection for you.

1. Is not the system's fault

2. Is not the system's fault

3. Is not the system's fault

• Like 1

Works fine junior, stop combat logging, ghosting, and hopping. You'll be fine.

Peoples definition of "Works fine" clearly varies. Im still trying to work out why you can server hop in first place? 

I think the main attraction of server hoppers a low-pop servers that have just restarted, and proximity to high-yield areas. Of course, freshly restarted servers won't matter when loot starts to respawn so we have to take that card out.

Now we're left with low-pop servers and logging off in high-yield areas. I think altering the timer to be a formula that includes server population should work in our favor. There should, for example, be no a very light penalty for quickly swapping to a 60/80 server. These servers are tyically a death sentence for loot hoppers anyway. However, if he'd try to go for a 0/40 server, the time required to join would double (just throwing figures here).

Not sure if this is the right way to go but it might alleviate the issue further.

Agree with OP, server hopping is going to happen no matter what, and its not a bad thing. Combat Logging is, however, and was pretty much fixed. Just remove the TIMER to join servers, as its completely worthless. I want to play the game, not wait 5 minutes to get into a server. Its pretty much broken, as you can get the 5 min wait by getting kicked, dropping connection, ect.

I have NEVER even seen the server switching timer.

You're doing it wrong (or just trying to server-hop).

• Like 1

BEEP BEEP BEEP-FDKJJGBDYTRGSDZLHGJ

That's the sound my mad-server-hopper-lootfarmer-o-meter made when exposed to this thread.

You owe me a new one.

Server hopping isn't bad. Combat Logging and Ghosting is bad.

-no it doesn't. At the very best it is a deterrent: it doesn't solve combat logging, and doesn't stop determined looters (just slows them down).

you can never stop looters .. this is a way to slow them down, as you pointed out.

and no it does not solve combat logging, but, say I was in combat situation, wanted to log out...well now I must rethink that idea as I am still in game for 30 seconds.

yes, its still possible, but with a cost.

The server hopping stuff is fine, sure it doesn't stop them but it slows them down and maybe changes how they farm, like I think with this system it would make more sense to loot say the 2 mill spots around zelen then swap. But I stick to one server so I don't know. The combat log system is what needs improvement, in its current state it breaks immersion, and does sweet fa to preserve combat :)

Complaining and demanding a better fix without even proposing your own idea?

I'm genuinely curious to see if OP can come up with something better.

This logout system is obviously a bad decision. When I want to join az empty server, or join a server where there are very few players, in about 50% I have to wait those 5 minutes, because server kicks me, or authentication timeout occours. So please, change this system to a register that counts to 0 when you want to logout.....

Even if your being honest, and Im not sure you are, try this amazing invention called the 'favorites list'. Its basicaly hacking. If you find a good server, add it to this 'hack' and be able to rejoin it whenever you want! Its totally a cheat around for 'bad servers that kick you'. You'l never need to wait in queue again!

• Like 1

Are all your friends on the same ISP? Are they all from the same part of the country so they would be routing along the same backbone? If not then you are correct, the server is BAD. However, if you find a good server that doesn't kick you.... why would go to another server? Why are you encountering all these suddenly bad servers you seem to be randomly trying to join? Hmmmmmmmm....

so... in summary I conclude you either:

1. Have bad internet

2. Keep joining random servers instead of logging into servers you know don't drop you constantly (I can think of a reason why someone might do this besides insanity but that is what the feature was designed to help combat)

3. Live in such a remote place in the world that every single server is too far away for a reliable connection for you.

1. Is not the system's fault

2. Is not the system's fault

3. Is not the system's fault

I usually want to loot, so I just join an empty or low-population server, and I don't usually add them to favourites, but maybe I'll add some (that's why I don't add them, because when I want to loot again [eg. I died/char reset, etc.] the chance is high that those servers won't be empty). Of course, when I don't want to loot, I join high-population servers, so it will surely not kick me.