Magodark22

Item loot spawn

Hi guys, i'm managing myself to make a bug report on loot spawn. Because there are some houses that dont spawn any loot at all. But to make a nice bug report and clean i need the help of you guys to make sure that those houses dont spawn or if i'm just unlucky. So i'll post some pics numbered, and if you saw any spawn at those places please post an answer with the number of the picture. Thanks !

(EDIT**: The houses that i talk about isnt the exactly place, it is the house TYPE.)

1 - This house on the second floor and the dining room: H2wO0qO.jpg

**the second floor:  e5ib6Fq.jpg

**the dining room: UCaUvHi.jpg

2 - This house at all: mw6zgxZ.jpg

3 - This house at all too: AfSz9DD.jpg

4 - This house on the two rooms upstairs: ESu5SIm.jpg

**the two rooms: bwIie6N.jpg

5 - This house at all: a8P2UxZ.jpg

6 - And this house too: 0O4FwA3.jpg

I started taking these pictures right now, and until midnight here (GMT -3:00) i'll put some more examples, if anyone can help me i'd appreciate, Thanks for reading !

Edited by Magodark22
  • Like 3

you are right, but with most buildings there is that issue where loot spawns only in the corridor on the table or under it, rest of the house is empty 

to add to your list, every black wooden building is empty and never spawns loot - my observation

Edited by dofazi

Black wooden house you mean that numer 3 house ?

Thanks for the reply !

Tin Shed/garage, used to spawn tool loot, haven't found anything in a long time

Shed with two doors and boxes

• Like 1

Tin Shed/garage, used to spawn tool loot, haven't found anything in a long time

Shed with two doors and boxes

i've noticed that too, some places that used to spawn arent doing that anymore...

i'll add the floating spawn on the shipwreck too, have anyone see it ? or just bugged here ? it's by the stair on top of the front deck

Can confirm. I mentioned that 2 storey a few weeks back. It's pointless having these enterable structures if they never have a chance of spawning items. I think the devs just see that loot is suppose to spawn there, so they assume it's working, but it is clearly broken.

I recall Rocket even responding to a player somewhere (citation needed) that the spawns were working properly and those houses have spawns.

Which isn't the case.

I appreciate you doing this Magodark22

Edited by hatesauce
  • Like 1

If you go to those castles, and go to the top of the towers. There are items floating under the floor ontop of the tower.

• Like 2

On the construction site, you can't always see items on the top floor, but if you keep your inv open and move around you'll find items. Its like treasure hunting in DayZ

• Like 1

Can confirm. I mentioned that 2 storey a few weeks back. It's pointless having these enterable structures if they never have a chance of spawning items. I think the devs just see that loot is suppose to spawn there, so they assume it's working, but it is clearly broken.

I recall Rocket even responding to a player somewhere (citation needed) that the spawns were working properly and those houses have spawns.

Which isn't the case.

I appreciate you doing this Magodark22

Yeah, i remenber Rocket responding that too, i was like "wtf, did he even go to those places ?" he said it spawn but it is just rare, but come on....

• Like 1

If you go to those castles, and go to the top of the towers. There are items floating under the floor ontop of the tower.

Hunterjay, nice mentioning, i'll go there take some sceenshots to post on the bug report, thanks !

Yeah, i remenber Rocket responding that too, i was like "wtf, did he even go to those places ?" he said it spawn but it is just rare, but come on....

I remember that stream. On his more recent one he visits a few of those houses and said something about how he needs to check on those places. Thanks for setting this up on the tracker however, will be nice when we have all the loot spawns we should :)

• Like 2

on the subject of construction sites, its not just the top floor, weapons/ammo/attachments sometimes spawn in walls on lower floors, but it is most noticeable on the top floor, stumbled across an M4 there by accident becasue it was in the floor.

• Like 2

I like these constructive threads. Rather than people just complaining in general we are actually doing something here to help the community. This should be stickied.

Edited by hatesauce
  • Like 1

I like these constructive threads. Rather than people just complaining in general we are actually doing something here to help the community.

ALPHER!

on the subject of construction sites, its not just the top floor, weapons/ammo/attachments sometimes spawn in walls on lower floors, but it is most noticeable on the top floor, stumbled across an M4 there by accident becasue it was in the floor.

Nice find.

I like these constructive threads. Rather than people just complaining in general we are actually doing something here to help the community. This should be stickied.

Too bad these threads are rare, there is another thing that hurts me, those camera angles that sometimes make your weapons attachments dissapear, wtf is that ?!

Too bad these threads are rare, there is another thing that hurts me, those camera angles that sometimes make your weapons attachments dissapear, wtf is that ?!

I like the ones that make your body disappear. I have been wondering about whether it is just client side or if other players see what I see when that happens.

• Like 1

there are houses that dont spawn loot, its not a bug...its just not implemented yet.

I think part of the issue is that loot IS spawning in those locations. Occasionally you will spot a pair of wellingtons where just the top edge is showing above the floor. I think when they fixed the "hovering" loot they also moved some of it under everything else. So if they look at a log file it shows Loot has spawned in all those point but if you go to the actual spot in game the item is well under the floor and you will never be able to access it. 

Edited by Mercules
  • Like 1

I think part of the issue is that loot IS spawning in those locations. Occasionally you will spot a pair of wellingtons where just the top edge is showing above the floor. I think when they fixed the "hovering" loot they also moved some of it under everything else. So if they loot at a log file it shows Loot has spawned in all those point but if you go to the actual spot in game the item is well under the floor and you will never be able to access it. 

Really nice argument, maybe this is what is happening, altough would be nice some staff confirmation, just in case

there are houses that dont spawn loot, its not a bug...its just not implemented yet.

Rocket stated in a stream that all houses should be spawning loot, like the other guy said, they may be appearing under the floorboards after the floating loot fix, which would be why he said they do, but we cant find anything

On the construction site, you can't always see items on the top floor, but if you keep your inv open and move around you'll find items. Its like treasure hunting in DayZ

Go to the floor below and look up  ;)

There's a yellow house that has nothing in it at all. No loot, no furniture, no anything at all. I've seen it in a couple of towns but thats it and it always starts with the doors open by default.

I made a thread about this OP, I am going to edit it and add a link to your thread because you have posted a lot more examples than I did.

Numerous rooms/buildings you posted did spawn loot before and now they simply don't, and it's quite odd that Rocket seems to have no idea about it judging from his posts and streams. He seems to think all building should be spawning loot, I frankly skip the vast majority of buildings now when I hit anything smaller than a city.

• Like 2