Sign in to follow this  
todd10k

Loot farming server owners, and why the server browser is to blame

Just joined a random server on the list, didn't pay much attention to the name. Joined up, ran to the construction yard near berenzino, and was amazed at the amount of loot around the place. Almost all spots had something in them. In 2 minutes i had found a hunting backpack, SKS, ammo box. Quite good eh? But then i was swiftly kicked. 

Now you may be thinking, why not report the server? I don't remember the server, didn't pay attention to the name when i joined ( And to be frank, why should i have to? We have steam friends to help my friends join, so why would i even bother learning a useless piece of info that i'll never need? ). So, i checked my history tab to see if i could jolt my memory, no dice. The tab is a mess of servers, only organised by who responds to the ping query first. 

It needs to be fixed. There needs to be some way of organising servers by chronological order of what you last joined. Would help immensely with the reporting of these absolute assholes who abuse the architecture of the game.

• Like 17

Yes. I have had this problem as well. Not just with admin abusers, but also on good servers when having lost connection through the golden chain of doom, or even just when getting killed (and the respawn button doesn't work).

i cannot follow you on the thought process though, that the server browser, how miserable it may be, is ultimately responsible for the loot farming scum :)

What I do is I favorite all the clan servers, join them, check their clan tag, leave, change my tag to theirs, and then go continue playing on it

• Like 1

I pick a couple servers I like (Trainwreckers and Zombz.net) and stay there.

I only go elsewhere if those are down or full.

• Like 1

i cannot follow you on the thought process though, that the server browser, how miserable it may be, is ultimately responsible for the loot farming scum :)

Had trouble following that too, but I think the point was that you can't easily tell which server just kicked you to report it.

It's obviously not to blame, just a bit of hyperbole to get the juices flowing. But without a way to accurately tell where you just got kicked from without making mental notes of each and every server you play on, players will not be able to report these servers effectively and we will never see a decrease. 

You cant kill what you can't hit.

Still looking for the answer as to why the server browser is to blame as the subject title reads?

Still looking for the answer as to why the server browser is to blame as the subject title reads?

I didn't realize these video games forums were a fucking trial. As intelligent people reading the OP and following comments, it's quite easy to ascertain the issue being brought up here. Useless posts asking why his thesis didn't match his essay are pointless.

But to be honest, the fact that you can never figure out which server you were just kicked from does make it a tad difficult in figuring out who to report. Facing such difficulty makes it impossible to remove the server from the abuser, leaving him free to kick more people. So, technically, the OP is accurate in his thread title.

• Like 2

It's quite clear what OP means, stop making bad posts.

Also, I agree with OP, the history tab needs to be sorted by last played or atleast give people the ability to make that choice.

Edited by Covent

make that a plus 1 for a simple way to tell what server you are on or have been on as the case maybe. For the intended reason and for others, id like to favorite a server after i have tried it and found it to be a good server....

Edited by SoulFirez

I didn't realize these video games forums were a fucking trial. 

Neither did I?

I have always gone on the impression when posting and reading forums though, that the title should at least be pertinent to the topic of conversation within the thread itself. Or perhaps I am just a sandwich short of a picnic?

However, I digress; I can honestly say that the issue has not arose for me. I've not been kicked from any server (at least knowingly) as of yet so I wasn't aware it was so rife. Admin abuse is part of the territory with online gaming though; every time there's a game, there's an endless thread of players complaining about server abuse. I agree it would be good to know where you were playing so you could give that server a black mark in your head and know to never go there again.

Didn't A2 have the server name/ip on the top of the scoreboard before it was removed? Maybe putting that info on the player list (P) could help with this. And ofc making the history tab work is a must :)

lousy server browser prohibits us from reporting servers/owners who kick for no reason, which in turn allows them to farm in peace

Why not add what ever server you played on to favorites and then delete it if stuff like that happens?

There are servers with names that explicitly state they are kick-on-join so the host can loot in peace. Most, however, aren't so obvious.

Leaving the server reporting in the hands of users and GSP's is... not the best decision. Conflicts of interest abound.

I really hope that changes on release. A million sales is money enough to pay an intern to go over every "join=kick" server and blacklist it.

I bet the server owners argument would be "Well I pay $60 a month why can I not run my server the way I want." 

Not agreeing with them, but I'm sure that would be one of their main arguments.

I bet the server owners argument would be "Well I pay $60 a month why can I not run my server the way I want." 

Not agreeing with them, but I'm sure that would be one of their main arguments.

The day they can get private hives, I'll agree with them. If they want to pay to play pure DayZ coop, they are free to do so.

If they can farm loot in safety in their private servers that reboot at will, move to a busy spot in safety, and only then switch to a public 40/40 server... they are messing with everybody else's game.

• Like 1

The day they can get private hives, I'll agree with them. If they want to pay to play pure DayZ coop, they are free to do so.

If they can farm loot in safety in their private servers that reboot at will, move to a busy spot in safety, and only then switch to a public 40/40 server... they are messing with everybody else's game.

...and that is the problem with "framing" servers. Low risk and high reward. Why do we care? Because then these people decked out in Pristine gear hop onto some OTHER server and shoot at you while you are trying to survive and gear up where you actually have to worry about other players.

• Like 1

See my post at

GSP declined action for report of kickfarm server

Tonight Feb 14, I count 39 servers with "PRIVATE" in the title - (try it, put the word 'private' in the server filter)

Now put the word "kick" in your server filter - I read 46 servers that say "join=kick" in the server title

Some say both - check it out, with other ways of saying the same thing, I count maybe 60 servers that ARE PRIVATE

But they are all on the Public Hive

These Admins are saying up front in public that they break the rules, they say it themselves in the server title. They kick you if you join the server.

OK that's something Bohemia should take up with the Server Providers... I dont think its down to each player to register a complaint when the Admins say out openly in a written statement that they are breaking the rules.

It's for Bohemia to square this up, are PRIVATE servers illegal or not? Are JOIN=KICK servers legal or not?

To say - <don't wast blog space/our time discussing this, go complain yourselves to the GSP> - is wrong, this is not a special individual Admin abuse case - it's the contract between Bohemia and the Server Providers that is getting shafted here. Bohemia and the SP should sort it out (easy and quick for Bohemia to do, right?). And SAY what is the rule - can you put <<PRIVATE>> <<JOIN=KICK>> in your server title or not?  Are you going to let that ride or not?

This is not individual Admin-Player abuse. It's generic.. there are over 50 of these servers already. Are they right or wrong? Can ALL admins do this, so the whole Public Hive becomes PRIVATE? Please tell us.

Thanx