Cenobyte

100man servers... my biggest fear has been realised.

Hopefully when the big hordes of zombies are implemented into cities it will stop the bambi fighting rings in the big cities. 

Can't wait to run over pants less bambis with a car when vehicles are implemented :)

What's everyone else's opinion on the possible ugrade?

My opinion is you should team up.

2v7t5ab.jpg

• Like 4

Took a trip to Electro to find beans and maybe a gun before buggering off up north, found a city strewn with corpses, bambis punching eachother, and almost every roof becoming home to a sniper.

wow so its like a zombie apocalypse where ppl will struggle to survive...oh man dont want that do we

I'll definitely be spending more time up north, away from Bambi Fight Club - Electro chapter.

Dude, first rule of fight club, bro.... c'mon.

Without respawning supplies, I'm quite worried about 100 man servers. I have a feeling dying of hunger will become a bigger threat.

Relax, that was just a stress test. Not for players but for optimization, testing, blablabl. That would be a farging mess if servers' limit would be set at 100.

Edit: PlanetSide2, BF series, CoD. I think you got it.

Edited by Gorgeous Richie

2v7t5ab.jpg

shiiiiiiet, that looks awesome, but sadly that has nothing to do with dayz anymore... :D

shiiiiiiet, that looks awesome, but sadly that has nothing to do with dayz anymore... :D

No, this IS dayz, as bandit you will stay always allone. :P

I think 100 players is good.

BUT, I also think there needs to be a few more towns..say to the north and up NW.

I know we have the new one out to the NE and that's great.. plus the new roadway's up there..

possibly lower the loot-able area's on the coast to really force players inland.

so many things that are possible to make 100 players servers work.

as it is now I can see it becoming a huge death match in the popular area's. 

Double-sized map and yeah, 100 would be good. And if we would get 603 549 sq.km territory, 150.000 ppl server would be freakingly awesome. With jets, cars, atomic submarines...

Guys, is DayZ another 3rd person shooter? I guess I've missed something when I bought the copy of this game.

Edited by Gorgeous Richie

Guys, is DayZ another 3rd person shooter? I guess I've missed something when I bought the copy of this game.

to a point...yes it is...

it just has another aspect to it other then just run and gun.

some people use it as a 3p shooter...others like to see how long they can survive.

it all depends on what your after.

run the coast its a shooter.

go inland to look for gear its more survival based.

Just make it possible that players spawn in a random place on the map and fix the goddamn zombie / loot respawn and 100 man servers are just fine 

I've allways been an advocate for this.

Spawning all over the map, military gear on random locations (heli crashes) rather than hotspots forcing people to swarm out over the map in search for them. Hate the tunnelvisioning in this game. Really dislike how there is 0 motivation to move inland and 99% of the player base just d!cks around on the coast.

100 players is 2 square km per player, give or take. Still plenty of territory to accommodate :)

90 ouf of those 100 players are in Electro so you know.

2v7t5ab.jpg

My mouth... waters. Delicious. So many juicy heads with which to touch my bullets. I watch you through the tool of my guilty pleasure, my scope. Invigorating. The picture your scintillating bodies paint upon this blissfully remarkable canvas is riveting. Exquisite. You walk shrouded in the fallacy of your strength, relying on one another for protection. Enticing. Images of the lusciousness that is your brain matter covering the pavement in spongy carpet causes my tongue to moisten. My heart beats faster as I envision your last breaths, your last helpless calls to one another. Your desperation. You are already dead. I breathe heavily as I finger the trigger of my rifle. I am forced to adjust myself as the euphoria this moment has wrought wreaks havoc on my manhood. I begin to sweat. You will all embellish my deepest, darkest desires. You don't need to be afraid of something so beautiful, so perfect. I point my rifle at my first target and squeeze the trigger.

// shudders in heavenly rapture //

• Like 4

had a fool around on the 100man today, and decided that once it's rolled out properly I'll be avoiding major cities like the plague. Took a trip to Electro to find beans and maybe a gun before buggering off up north, found a city strewn with corpses, bambis punching eachother, and almost every roof becoming home to a sniper.

I could've sworn this is one of the reasons spawns were moved away from cherno/balota? (along with them being op spawnpoints, ofc)

Regardless, if they turn the servers into great big deathmatches, I'll definitely be spending more time up north, away from Bambi Fight Club - Electro chapter.

Aside from that, if people can resist the urge to constantly zerg the big cities, Iook forward to higher pop servers :)

What's everyone else's opinion on the possible ugrade? <3

how is waking up without your manhood not your biggest fear?.........

• Like 1

- yep, somebody figured out how to play ARMA2 on the DayZ standalone... (maybe someone should tell them?)

• Like 2

Mathematically it's 2.25km² per player. So yeah, I get your point.

Realistically it's whatever the total surface area of Cherno, Elektro, Balota, NWAF, NEAF, and Berezino is. Without actually trying to figure it out, I'll estimate 40km², which is 0.4km² per player. It'll be like semi-realistic Counter-Strike.

Cap 'em at 60 and move on, Rocket!

No way hosey 60 is far too low.

I think 80 or maybe 70 but no lower.

No way hosey 60 is far too low.

I think 80 or maybe 70 but no lower.

If you stay away from hot zones, you will not see a living soul, even on 100 players server.

Edited by Frosti

There are people everywhere on 100 player servers. That random house in the middle of nowhere has somebody looking through it as you approach. 60-70, to start with, and then extensive testing for better balancing.

There are people everywhere on 100 player servers. That random house in the middle of nowhere has somebody looking through it as you approach. 60-70, to start with, and then extensive testing for better balancing.

lol

on experimental server maybe becouse high traffic and people are looking for food.

If it go on stable, and you stay away from hot zones you will not see anyone for days on 100 people server.

I think the more players, the better. If people want to do nothing but get blasted every few seconds in the cities then that is their issues, won't bother me any. I'll try out the higher pop servers once some kind of loot/zombie re-spawning is implemented. Until then it is perfect the way it is now.

• Like 1

- make it 200

- hide player count

- scatter spawn points

- make loot respawn and scatter good loot evenly on map

- ...?

- profit.

No thanks, I do not want players respawning behind my back like in Call of Duty.

Spawn points only on coast is perfect, make this game DayZ and not another Call of Duty clone.

No thanks, I do not want players respawning behind my back like in Call of Duty.

Spawn points only on coast is perfect, make this game DayZ and not another Call of Duty clone.

Not everything has to be "Call of Duty". I swear most people call something call of duty if it doesn't go their way. Who said anything about spawning behind your back? I'm sure the devs would be smart enough to implement some sort of system so you wouldn't spawn on others if they were to implement random spawning, which I personally think is a good idea.

Spawning outside the coast would give others who like to stay on the coast an opportunity to realize there is more to the game than sitting there and PvPing along the coast line. It'd also make it harder on those who like to sit there and camp people who literally just spawned for god knows what reason.

Just make it possible that players spawn in a random place on the map and fix the goddamn zombie / loot respawn and 100 man servers are just fine 

No.

When I kill someone on the North I want him back on the coast at least 20 minutes away from me.

I do not want angry bambies commiting sudoku to get to their "random" death zone to revange kill sniper with their fists.

Not everything has to be "Call of Duty". I swear most people call something call of duty if it doesn't go their way. Who said anything about spawning behind your back? I'm sure the devs would be smart enough to implement some sort of system so you wouldn't spawn on others if they were to implement random spawning, which I personally think is a good idea.

Spawning outside the coast would give others who like to stay on the coast an opportunity to realize there is more to the game than sitting there and PvPing along the coast line. It'd also make it harder on those who like to sit there and camp people who literally just spawned for god knows what reason.

So becuse some noob is too lazy to go inland and he keep on trying his luck on the coast and is killed by noob-elimitaros then he need call of dutish help via spawning him "randomnly" closer to Zelonogorsk or Stary Sobor?

Noobs stay on the coast, bosses get all the guns inland and kill noobs on the coast - DayZ.