oregonized

What do you imagine DayZ camps to look like?

Personally, I think camps in DayZ should be very similar to what is going on in this picture.  It seems like the most realistic thing to do besides setting up shop in an abandoned building.

LkXDG.jpg

• Like 6

That would be so friggin' cool.Like if clans could set up their own little camps like in the pic.Anyways,I think it will probably end up just looking like a cheap crappy tent.And a bunch of them just huddled together if its more than one person.

I don't know maybe we'll get lucky and get something like that.

• Like 2

Cool picture! Did u make or find?

I fully condone KoS, and do it myself from time to time. Problem is that player interaction is limited by how much we can actually do together or for each other. I want to see more of it, but as it is, its difficult due to limitations which force us to have only a few options, which get boring over time, leaving us (me) with a desire for something different (in this example, KoS). Naturally, some will disagree, which is fine.

But when the game is a full release, and we have private hive communities that enforce roleplay rules in which KoS is only allowed when it is relevant to the roleplay, THIS picture is where I see this game going eventually.

Players will have to work together, form a community, repair vehicles for transportation of manpower and material, gathering tools, lumber, generators for those lights, fuel for those generators and vehicles, tents, barricades, etc.

I am already thoroughly enjoying the game. But its nothing compared to what it will eventually become, I think. And this picture is a perfect image of my hopeful imagination of that eventual outcome.

I would give you beans, OP, but I cant give out anymore today, it seems...

• Like 2

Cool picture! Did u make or find?

I fully condone KoS, and do it myself from time to time. Problem is that player interaction is limited by how much we can actually do together or for each other. I want to see more of it, but as it is, its difficult due to limitations which force us to have only a few options, which get boring over time, leaving us (me) with a desire for something different (in this example, KoS). Naturally, some will disagree, which is fine.

But when the game is a full release, and we have private hive communities that enforce roleplay rules in which KoS is only allowed when it is relevant to the roleplay, THIS picture is where I see this game going eventually.

Players will have to work together, form a community, repair vehicles for transportation of manpower and material, gathering tools, lumber, generators for those lights, fuel for those generators and vehicles, tents, barricades, etc.

I am already thoroughly enjoying the game. But its nothing compared to what it will eventually become, I think. And this picture is a perfect image of my hopeful imagination of that eventual outcome.

I would give you beans, OP, but I cant give out anymore today, it seems...

I didn't make the picture.  Someone from the mod community did it a long time ago.  I just thought it best represented what I would like to see and what would seem the most realistic.

That pic is perfect, its what I always wanted from SA. Same principal as the mod, but with more options. I don't want camps like thos stupid tower things in epoch, but proper CAMPS.

I always thought it would be cool if zombies could damage stuff at your camp. With roaming hordes it might be possible. Then the barbed wire would have a purpose :)

• Like 3

That pic is perfect, its what I always wanted from SA. Same principal as the mod, but with more options. I don't want camps like thos stupid tower things in epoch, but proper CAMPS.

I always thought it would be cool if zombies could damage stuff at your camp. With roaming hordes it might be possible. Then the barbed wire would have a purpose :)

Yeah, roaming hordes every once in a while would be great because then you would have to defend your camp and make repairs after you dispatch the hordes.

Honestly once everything is stable and implemented, And the zombies get beefed up to where they are the main threat... this is most likely going to happen... Also if someone wants to "Role Play" dayz, then join a clan or small dayz gaming community! Or even make one, and get your own server!

This!

Huge ass bases in epoch always felt kinda dumb and out of place. Camps life this would be awesome.

• Like 1

Yeah, roaming hordes every once in a while would be great because then you would have to defend your camp and make repairs after you dispatch the hordes.

Yeah, you could even close off the entrance with an extra wire kit when you log off, for fear of logging back in and finding zombies ruined most of the stuff in ya tents lol :)

• Like 1

Honestly once everything is stable and implemented, And the zombies get beefed up to where they are the main threat... this is most likely going to happen... Also if someone wants to "Role Play" dayz, then join a clan or small dayz gaming community! Or even make one, and get your own server!

I love to role-play in games but right now it is really difficult because people are so hostile.

I thought they were bringing barricading not camps to the game.

I could have misunderstood, but Rocket said that they were to bring something similar to Dead Linger 

I thought they were bringing barricading not camps to the game.

I could have misunderstood, but Rocket said that they were to bring something similar to Dead Linger 

That is what I read but I think that style of base building looks like shit.  I would much rather just set up tents and build fences with razor wire around it and construct a tower or two for snipers.

• Like 1

ah he said he liked the building system in dead lingor yeah i watched the stream to it was no indication he will bring it or even try to implement it...

Server resources are the key building burns resources hopefully he gets enough to make some building.

I believe underground instanced bases were thought to be first due to less server drag.??

Even something like this with fencing wrapped in razor wire would be sufficient.

JRpkWvF.jpg

• Like 4

WOW that is epic. Maybe that sort of camp can only be built and maintain with at least a few members/friends/clan as you need more than one player to maintain large camp such as that. The ability to trade would be nice. I hope they will implement a small tent and a sleeping bag for solo player.

Nonetheless it looks awesome man.

• Like 1

Did a suggestion on this ages ago for mod, short version is...

Build some utility stuff at our camps (workbenches, water containers ect), not just storage.

That way people might "visit" your camp and leave it intact so they can use the facilities until they build there own.

Because lets face it...in the mod...you see a camp....theres only one option really :P

• Like 1

DEAN AND DEVS:

I hope one of you sees this, and passes it around. THIS is what would be truly wonderful as far as implementation of base building goes.

Frankly, I find the dead linger system to be ugly and out of place in dayz. If construction were modular in some respects, that's fine. But PLEASE do not just copy pasta this system.

I realize that implementing this image and everything it implies would take a lot of time, but frankly, I would GLADLY wait if it could be the end result...

• Like 2

They need to implement a large Prison like in The Walking Dead to the map... That would be fun trying to defend or attack it !

A prison is totally missing from the map and that would be such an awesome place to set up camp and find good gear.

• Like 1

A prison is totally missing from the map and that would be such an awesome place to set up camp and find good gear.

devs are already working on adding in a prison at some point....

FACT. didn't make it up 'neither.

• Like 3

I've always liked the idea of a camp like this...but I never understood the reason for wanting to stay in it. There's a limited amount of food in it, you're pretty much a target, and there isn't much to do when in there. Maybe rocket will add in board games or some shit like that; something that makes players want to be stationary for periods of time. Even sleeping being added would be cause for a camp.

Until then, while I love the idea, there isn't any reason I'd make my own camp besides for the sake of having one.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

devs are already working on adding in a prison at some point....

FACT. didn't make it up 'neither.

Nice, that will make for some epic battles I'm sure.

Did a suggestion on this ages ago for mod, short version is...

Build some utility stuff at our camps (workbenches, water containers ect), not just storage.

That way people might "visit" your camp and leave it intact so they can use the facilities until they build there own.

Because lets face it...in the mod...you see a camp....theres only one option really :P

yeah man, like that game State of Decay. Hope the dev put all this stuff in the to-do lists.

I've always liked the idea of a camp like this...but I never understood the reason for wanting to stay in it. There's a limited amount of food in it, you're pretty much a target, and there isn't much to do when in there. Maybe rocket will add in board game or some shit like that; something that makes players want to be stationary for periods of time. Even sleeping being added would be cause for a camp.

Until then, while I love the idea, there isn't any reason I'd make my own camp besides for the sake of having one.

Well, if you set up in a remote enough location you could be fairly safe from bandits, you would have storage, and it would also serve as a great area for role-playing.