Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Are you good at finding players from gun sounds?

I was good at it in the mod.

In standalone something is wrong with me or the sounds.

• Like 11

Don't trust gun sounds, my friend was trying out his sks not 10m away from me. He fired the full 10 and I only heard 3. Agree that eating sounds are very distinctive.

As far as I can tell my player is fucking crazy because I always hear random shit. I wish these would be fixed :(

• Like 4

Well considering gun sounds are fucked up that's going to be a solid no. There have been times where I'll be playing with my surround sound headset and my buddy that is to the side of me will shoot yet it sounds like it came from the other direction, even though he is right next to me. Not to mention you always hear the random reloading, drinking, and other sounds out of the blue.

Yeah someone did a test, apparently you can only hear the shots well if you're facing the direction it was shot from.

• Like 2

I was good at it in the mod.

In standalone something is wrong with me or the sounds.

This.

The mod was fine but the sounds don't seem to work properly in the standalone,

I usually play in a squad and if there's a gunshot some say east, some say west and the rest didn't even hear it.

• Like 2

Yeah someone did a test, apparently you can only hear the shots well if you're facing the direction it was shot from.

Do you happen to have the link for this test's results?

This.

The mod was fine but the sounds don't seem to work properly in the standalone,

I usually play in a squad and if there's a gunshot some say east, some say west and the rest didn't even hear it.

Exactly. There's been a time where a member in the group I play with was actually shot, heard it, however my buddy and I who were literally right beside him did not hear a thing.

Edited by CS14

Exactly. There's been a time where a member in the group I play with was actually shot, heard it, however my buddy and I who were literally right beside him did not hear a thing.

It's definitely strange.

I hope it get's fixed though - it worked really well in the mod. We were always using gunshots to find each other if we got separated in the middle of nowhere and using sounds to pinpoint players adds more depth to fire-fights.

I suspect this will be one of the last things Bohemia implement though before the Beta, as sounds are so often dependent on animations etc.

Most of the time you can't even hear the gunshot. Once they overhaul the sounds and sounds systems it'll be much better.

When you actually hear them, yes.

But you never know since shots don't register on other peoples game sometimes.

I think it's another product of the desync issue.

Strange, but I've always heard gunshots and I desync pretty bad sometimes. Right next to me or off in the distance, never had a problem. 'course, I suppose I could also not be hearing the ones I don't hear...now I'm confused.

I have no trouble hearing people shooting... as long as they are right next to me. 

Gun sounds are way too low.

I hear them loud and clear. And it always sends adrenaline pumping through my body. Where it came from or the general direction...a mystery. Like just last night, while i was looting Svetlojarsk i heard a few rounds go off. Of course i cowered like a little school girl in the corner when the first one went off. With my shotgun out, in first person, staring down the corridor, waiting for that door to open, i heard repeating rounds from different guns going off. I knew i was in for a firefight. Being in a small house right in the middle of town square i though for sure i would at least see people. And still couldnt distinguish where the shots were coming from. They we obviously clearing zombies. And i patiently waited for nothing to happen.

• Like 2

My god this is a problem:

This one time, I grouped up with two random survivors, we were looting Electro and then I realized I was getting dammaged. 

A bandit with an M4A1 (no silencer) tried unloading an entire clip into me from the hillside and only hit me once. I never heard a scent of a shot and he also failed to even kill me... until I tried to sneak up on him, taking out my FNX-45, I aim *CLICK* guns fucking ruined. Guy turns around, chuckles, and proceeds to dome me. (I heard the shot this time).

I am so smrt!  :rolleyes:

Since all of us are agreeing on this, it seems the sounds need a lot of rework.

Rework? That would imply they had even started working on it yet.... they haven't. They hired a sound design person and eventually the place holder sounds we have will change as will the system.

Need I say, "Alpha"?

I can sometimes but it is difficult when the sounds in the game are so buggy.

Rework? That would imply they had even started working on it yet.... they haven't. They hired a sound design person and eventually the place holder sounds we have will change as will the system.

Need I say, "Alpha"?

Have some patience. It's not that upsetting. You make it sound like it's game breaking. Which is not.

Have some patience. It's not that upsetting. You make it sound like it's game breaking. Which is not.

Hmmmm.. then that came across different than intended. I was pointing out to others they haven't even touched sounds yet so no reason to get uptight about the sounds. AKA, ALPHA. :) Sounds are all placeholder and don't work properly yet. I assume it is because of the network bubble, still ALPHA. I assume the sound guy will have something to do over the next year... ALPHA. :)