gX-kiD

Have scopes been removed from the game?

Hi there, 

I know the question is more of a provocative nature, but does anyone still find scopes in this "game"? 

Ok I get it, loot got adjusted, good items are rare these dayz, and even if you find them they will most likely be damaged.

To a degree it  actually makes sense, I mean we are all super tough survivors, in this super tough situation. We even have rain now, thunderstorm and lightning, very very frightening ( Galileo ), this is not just a game, this is being played and even developed by current or former military people, so how much more serious can it get ( I'm heavily impressed guys, every time you point it out..) ??

Still, I find so many weapon cleaning kits I could probably clean the whole arsenal of the red army if I'd pick them all up, or open a headtorch shop in my next life, where people actually face night situations rather than just playing on day servers 99% ( count me in on the 99% ), but weapon scopes? Nowehere to be found...

Now reading this forum for a while before I actually posted, I can hear what's coming: "go inland more", "it's alpha" , "loot villages" , and yes, yes and yes again, I know all this and I do it alrerady. I walked around this whole f$&%§n island the last 20 hours, trying to find a long-range scope north, east, west and south, and they are just gone. Military bases, villages, storage garages, offices, hospitals, factories, ships, helicopters, NOTHING! 

So what is your opinion guys and girls, am I just blind, unlucky or can someone back this up? I can just guess that the devs have not been happy with the sniper situation, fair enough. But now removing them, or reducing the droprate to a degree somewhere close to gold and diamonds, gives the snipers an even greater advantage, cause you can't counter them at all anymore. 

cheers, 

David

• Like 3

As posted in your other thread:

No, scopes clearly have not been removed from the game, they've been made rarer to make the game more of a mission  :)

Rgds

Ted

I found one yesterday in a hanger. Incredibly rare, imo probably the rarest item in game right now with the possible exception of the press vest, but they are still spawning.

Thx for answering, the part I don't get though is: why only scopes? Maybe this is subjective from me and the few ppl I play with, but I feel that every item is still present in the game, to a slightly lower rate and most likely worse condition than before, but scopes are just impossible to find in my eyes. 

The last 3 days I only logged in to find a scope, played 2-4 hours each night just to find nothing.

I actually just pick up food and water to get more energy for walking around to pick up food and water, while I actually don't find anything. 

Again, I get the part about the challenge becoming harder, but it seems rather random that this is so heavily played on scopes. Last 3 nights were a completely pointless waste of time, and if it wouldn't have been for the conversations in Teamspeak I would seriously start questioning my menthal condition..

Yes this has made me a little more frustrated.  They were supposed to reduce weapon cleaning kits but I found 4 all around Polana last night.  Like C'mon!!!!

• Like 1

Yesterday i found a lrs in the hangars Southwestern airfield, with worn condition. But since tents have no loot anymore they are quite rare. Plus I wonder if lrs-scope badly damaged has an influence on accuracy? Because we all know it has no broken glass or something...
I can also recommend using pu scope and lowest field of view, but some consider it cheating

Edited by Tikka

I got lucky once and found a pristine PU scope in Berezino :)

i think pu scopes are very common! i very often in hangars, towers and the red pub

PU scopes are everywhere now

LRs, however, may as well be the holy grail. I've only been lucky enough to find one since the updates and it's been in badly damaged condition, but hey, beggars can't be choosers

lol i feel your pain i have dedicated 8 days now to finding a LRS found 3 press vests 4 pu scopes 7 acog scopes all useless to me (dont like the press vest personally). did find a silencer and red dot for my fnx though which was nice....

I have offered people all sorts of stuff in trade for those who have had them a while ( they wont give them up lol) everything people say is rare i have found (except leather jacket and LRS) ..

But playing is never a waste of time the risk of dying makes it exciting.... If i could just find one lol use to find so many  i would toss them away a few patches ago...

Hi.

I feel your pain OP. I haven't been able to find a LRS(regardless of condition) since the hardcore servers came online lol. Hell, I haven't even found any M4 scopes that weren't damaged.

Oddly enough, I have no troubles finding pristine PU scopes, bipods and mosin compensators though, maybe because they spawn in places that the retards err server hoppers don't frequent.

Regards.

5 minutes ago I got what I consider to be incredibly lucky by finding an M4,Pristine ACOG and a worn Magpul stock all in the same barracks building. Weapon attachments (excluding bipods,bayonets and PU scopes) are very very rare, but they are there. And sometimes, you get lucky.

i will repeat what i always point out in such threads:

do not expect item rarity to get balanced until well into beta.

until then, its just throwing items in more or less arbitrary amounts at the people. new items will always have a higher spawn chance due to the need to have them tested - thus reducing the spawn chance of everything else.

Edited by e47
  • Like 1

I know of a town that spawns more than it's share of scopes.  

I guess you don't feel like sharing this in here or via pm? 

I spent 2 weeks searching for a LR scope in the end my buddy found one in a barracks. I came across a few m4 red dot scopes during my search and the occasional acog. PU scopes are all over the place if you know where to look.

Plus I wonder if lrs-scope badly damaged has an influence on accuracy? Because we all know it has no broken glass or something...

In a youtube vid I watched, a guy said damaged LR scopes pull to the left.

i personally think lrs are not as usefull as they have been, since people seem to be taking mosin shots like if it was a baby punching them -.- and it is very hard to get a second or third or the hell even fifth shot at 500+ m with a person running in zig-zag...

PU scopes are mostly in the bars/cafes from my experience. I found 3 this morning within 30 minutes. Also easily found in the garages.

Weird, I've found more LR scopes than PU since a few patches ago. I used to find plenty of the in the pubs, but not anymore.

I can't even find rope now! lol but seriously where did all the rope go?

Found my first long range scope after over 100 hours played! Unfortunately, it's damaged. :(

Is there any way to repair them? If not I hope they have plans to implement that option fairly soon. Otherwise what's the point in having broken useless scopes in the game at all?

i personally think lrs are not as usefull as they have been, since people seem to be taking mosin shots like if it was a baby punching them -.- and it is very hard to get a second or third or the hell even fifth shot at 500+ m with a person running in zig-zag...

Hi.

I just want it for scanning areas from further away before going in, once they put binoculars in the game, I would probably never want a mosin.

Regards.