Miquinei

So I tried Hardcore..

1st person all the way, once you realise that all the other players are 1st person too you'll soon adjust and not feel so intimidated. You'll also learn correct use of cover, movement etc..

I used to be a hardcore OFP / OFP:Res player and participated in many clan tournaments back in the day (ah fond memories of [sAS], [MoD], [Dk],[=DST=] etc..), they were all played on 1st person with veteran settings, xhair and 3rd person were considered ezmode and looked down upon.

While the removal of 3rd person just isnt going to happen due to it being such a crutch for bad players I reckon Dean should rename 3rd person + xhair servers to 'easy' and hardcore servers to 'regular'

Edited by Easy_Tiger

Let's be honest here, if it was real life we'd be able to use a mirror to look at places our eyes can't reach. Considering most households have multiple mirrors. Otherwise it wouldn't be too hard to craft a basic mirror from other household materials. Or you could stand on your toes to look over a fence that is taller than yourself. Many inventive things aren't possible ingame.

Using a mirror would still be much more limited and unwieldy than 3PP (switching between weapon and mirror). Introducing a mirror for this purpose in the game would actually be a good idea. But of course since it would only be used in hardcore servers, they probably wont bother doing this (unless of course they plan on removing 3PP altogether further into the process).

• Like 1

I really don't have any other explanation other than that I like playing in 1st person. Better indoors, better when you suddenly get shot at, etc. And if you want to succeed on 1st person servers you need some planning on your gear. You can't have a melee weapon sticking out your back or a huge mountain backpack blocking your view if you want to use free look (ALT) effectively. A hunting backpack with a machete is the best for those.

Edited by Sutinen

I only play 1.p no matter wich server i play, but i prefer HC, then everyone els does as well:)

The only reason there is 3PP in DayZ SA is because it was in the mod, IMO, otherwise I believe that 3PP would have never made it to the SA.

1PP is so much more intense and realistic. It brings out what makes DayZ so special.

Playing in 3PP is a crutch, a crutch that is hard to break when you have played games like that for a long time.

But DayZ is different IMO, this game caters to being scared and paranoid and watching your back, and 1PP really adds to that experience. 

If you can feel comfortable 90% of the time because you can see everything before it see's you then whats the point of playing DayZ?

Seriously? whats the point? You loose so much of the experience when in 3PP, IMO, and the gunfights! Holy shit! If your in a hour long firefight with another squad,

nothing can beat the feeling you get when you can actually use a wall to sneak around or up to someone knowing you wont be seen, like IRL.

It's the way DayZ is meant to be played, IMO.

• Like 1

Using a mirror would still be much more limited and unwieldy than 3PP (switching between weapon and mirror). Introducing a mirror for this purpose in the game would actually be a good idea. But of course since it would only be used in hardcore servers, they probably wont bother doing this (unless of course they plan on removing 3PP altogether further into the process).

The point here was that many people complain about how third person is unrealistic and allows us to look around corners. Without actually realising that first person in this game allows for far less situational awareness than would be realistic as well. This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if we had the stance system similar to ARMA 3.

This wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem if we had the stance system similar to ARMA 3.

Never having played ARMA I wouldn't know if it would.

I only play in 1pp, but on regular servers. Is that ultra hardcore?

Hardcore is definately the way to go if your looking for realistic and intense gameplay. Love it.

Normal is literally my messing around character, I just cant take it serious anymore lol

Hi, I don't really know why are they calling it hardcore, no game has called hardcore because first person view before, it sounds confusing.

I'm guessing at some point more features other than just 1PP will make the experience of playing on said servers more 'hardcore'

Hardcore is definately the way to go if your looking for realistic and intense gameplay. Love it.

Normal is literally my messing around character, I just cant take it serious anymore lol

I agree entirely.

Regular is for when I think, shall I just run all the way to the NWAF alone and see if I can last

In my opinion 3rd person is a carry over from the Arma days that has yet to be removed. "Yeh, yeh, Rocket said it's part of the game" We gotta keep the kiddies happy and all....

3PP:On servers are for the types who don't have the skill to play 3PP:Off. Again in my opinion.

Why do I play 3PP:Off? Because you can't lean threw a wall to see whats on the other side. You can't look over walls. You can't look around corners. You can't see that asshole crouched 10' in front of you. etc, etc, etc....The pure amount of skill needed to play is enough to knock a bunch of my buddy's out cause in there own words "3rd person camera is so much easier"...

Let the weak play with play with the preteens...I have yet to run into another player who I personally thought was under 18-22. But on the 3rd person servers I run into hordes of 10-15 year old kids.

If do end up playing on a fuck around server aka 3PP:On Server I'm just doing that. Fucking around KOSing/Banditing/etc, etc. Cause its fun to hear the kids cry over direct right before you put a .45 in there noodle...

Edited by RyBo

Let's be honest here, if it was real life we'd be able to use a mirror to look at places our eyes can't reach. Considering most households have multiple mirrors. Otherwise it wouldn't be too hard to craft a basic mirror from other household materials. Or you could stand on your toes to look over a fence that is taller than yourself. Many inventive things aren't possible ingame.

And if you're shooting from the grass, you're not limited to only 3 poses. It's better surely. But I still feel that being locked to first person feels more clunky than it should.

Also, I really dont understand this "Clunky" feel some of you are talking about, is that all you can come up with to defend 3PP lol

No serious though, how is first person "Clunkier" then third? Running around looting in 3PP is much more clunkier.

I am a FPS player with a lot of history, started with Quake (1) and played every major shooter, a lot of them on local and online tourneys so this may affect my views.

When I started this game out I of course began in regular mode. Soon after, I realized everyone and their mother abuses the 3rd person camera to either see how protected/hidden they are, look above walls, past doors, through windows, down buildings, basically, it was a legal hack as far as I'm concerned.

It basically levels the playing field, people with absolutely no aiming skill or awareness will be able to get the drop on you because they explit this to no end. Those with the situational awareness can still utilize it but it's far less effective since you'd be able to hear, and predict where the enemy might be.

When I started hardcore it was amazing. No more guessing if there's someone behind that hangar standing on the edge but looking right at me, no sir, what you see from your perspective is what you get, if you want to look through that window, sure, but you're gonna expose your pretty head just like you should. My honest opinion, 3rd person is for insecure, if not weak players who need the safety net of being able to scout things without exposing themselves. I pity them, and realize it's completely natural for most people to behave this way.

Edited by Infiltrator

Although I always found my self going into 1st person frequently while playing on regular servers I am starting to get more into hardcore servers. After turning up the FoV to 90 through the config (cause let's face it, we can see wider than the default FoV realistically anyways) it's much more better. It'll be even better when mouse acceleration can actually be disabled (before someone says it; none of the CoD fan boy accusation shit. Just because something isn't the way you feel it should be doesn't mean it's CoD-ish.).

Also, I really dont understand this "Clunky" feel some of you are talking about, is that all you can come up with to defend 3PP lol

No serious though, how is first person "Clunkier" then third? Running around looting in 3PP is much more clunkier.

If you would like a decent discussion, you can skip the whole "is that all you can come up with". Especially considering the fact that I never defended third person to begin with.  I have no problem with playing first person, I do so in many games. But mostly due to the fact that the mouse movement is highly inconsistent it is an utter pain to navigate in first person. Even picking up items isn't even worth my time going first person for unless they are very well hidden, otherwise I can just press tab and drag it in my inventory.

Edited by Ghostflux
  • Like 1

3rd person rewards those who are the most patient. In firefights, there is zero advantage gained from exposing yourself. If you know where your target is all you have to do is wait for him to move first.

Combining permadeath with a feature that allows players to minimize the risk to themselves when engaging one another was a mistake. All it has done is promote camping and formed a community where the skilled players are more afraid of immature exploiters than they are of other skilled players. Thankfully, all of this led to the formation of a separate hive and a segregation of players.

on third person cam, you can see over walls when you are not tall enough. Take a look from corners without getting spotted. Which is silly when considered from perspective of reality.

well it's like carrying a tiny mirror with you

well it's like carrying a tiny mirror with you

Ahahahahahah so this is the latest excuse for 3rd person? Mirrors? ;D

Let us carry mirrors in our inventory that you have to equip and use (enemy can see your hand) then we can just remove 3pp ok?

Once they make 1PP decent in terms of game-play, then I could consider changing. But as it is now, movement is clunky as hell and I get nauseous from 1PP in this game.

Worst implementation of 1PP ever in a game. Amazing that people still bitch and moan about 1PP/3PP - you all got what you wanted, separate characters/hives.

I find it absolutely hilarious these 1PP players make such a huge point on how they play on something that's called "hardcore", claiming that they are (false). If you were even remotely skilled in gaming whatsoever you wouldn't have a problem with someone having an "advantage" over you, happens_all_the_fucking_time_in_games. This is a fucking video game, which gives you the chance to beat the advantages. If you don't understand this by now GTFO your computers because the gaming mentality doesn't fit an immature child's perspective. Go back to CoD.

Example in 1PP language:

I like 1PP more, hurdur. I'm hardcore, hurdur. I enjoy CoD bec it requires skill, hurdur.

Now language 3PPer can understand:

You like 1PP, join a server that's 3PP enabled. Then through your simulation journey, you're murdered. Now, even though you don't know, your first thought is because you are on a regular server and you're a "hardcore" player (noob), and because you were playing in 1PP, regardless of how much the perspectives had to do with your death in actuality. Your first instinctual reaction is "HURDUR 3PP OP GAME BREAKING REMOVE" like some spoiled victim bitch. What Ive described is what the vast majority these 1PP players are complaining about.

If you can't train your mind to use all of the abilities the game gives you to succeed, then you're a pathetic fuck, not hardcore.

^ Someone hasn't had their coffee .

Hi, I don't really know why are they calling it hardcore, no game has called hardcore because first person view before, it sounds confusing.

In flight sims we call it ' Full Real' . v  ' Wonder Woman ' . Full is locked in pit/no icons/engine management whereas Wonder Woman is the hover behind and zoom around your plane kiddie camera. The locked in pit makes for a much more immersive experience, same as here. 

• Like 1

I've never played on a third person enabled server in the mod, and continueing this trend in the stand alone.

Not sure why you would want to ruin your immersion to be able to gain an imaginary advantage of looking over ledges/in buildings etc. Its imaginary because the enemy has it aswell, so the status quo remains the same. The only thing that changed is that you ruined the game for yourself.

If you can't train your mind to use all of the abilities the game gives you to succeed, then you're a pathetic fuck, not hardcore.

If you can't train your mind to be spatially aware without the use of magical flying cameras then you're a pathetic fuck, not regular :D

This is too easy.

• Like 2