Sign in to follow this  
kohmelo

Clouds and darkness

Has any one noticed that cloud settings have HUGE effect on your vision at night fall?

If you have disabled clouds night will fall quicker. With clouds enabled you have light for longer time. --> But at darkest (midnight) hours those who have clouds enabled have blacker screen than those with clouds disabled.

With the latest patch the daytime is extremely dark too and trees have become totally black when looking in a certain direction. It is very hard to see anything despite the sky being obviously bright enough to light the ground easily. Not sure if its related.

yeah clouds play a big part to be honest early in the SA i disabled the clouds not for fps but because for me they didnt effect fps at all( on my rig i know many find they eat fps) but did cause a stutter( was reported as a bug and is now fixed again fixed as far as my rig is concerned ).

I now run with clouds at very high makes the sky look well awesome and yes it affects night time and day time lighting ...

Edited by SoulFirez

I have clouds disabled to get significantly better fps all over the map.

I never play at night, because I would play with a flashlight and be scared as hell, and being constant afraid of getting spotted by other players long before I see them because of the Brightness/Gamma thingy.

So to answer your question - I haven't noticed. xD

What I have noticed though, is that the range of dark colors vary alot when having HDR from VeryLow to Low. Especially at night.

:beans:

Twilight comes faster if you don't have clouds meaning that you are at disadvantage against people who have clouds enabled. Meaning that at 18:30 clock player with clouds enabled has a day lighting and player with clouds disabled has night lighting. 

Twilight comes faster if you don't have clouds meaning that you are at disadvantage against people who have clouds enabled. Meaning that at 18:30 clock player with clouds enabled has a day lighting and player with clouds disabled has night lighting. 

Yup. This was done on purpose to prevent people disabling clouds to get an advantage. Now if we could only do the same with Gamma it would be worth playing at night

• Like 1