Sign in to follow this  
TimM1983

I only want to play with rain, solution ?

Hello I just hopped between 5 servers to find a server with rain but no luck.

Is there any solution to find these ?

• Like 5

Rain is a random event, I see much more sun than I do rain but I would like more night time servers to have rain fall for it really sets the mood when its all dark outside and raining, like an alley in a bad movie.

I would like a server that has rain as its primary weather it looks great and really sets the mood.

Edited by LeeFriendField

My guess is that it will eventually be up to each server to control these things.

At least it would make sense if it worked like that. Afaik they already have control over the time cycle, so I dont see why weather would be a problem.

Finally! Someone who is not whining around that rains causes FPS drops!

I really like rain myself... I would play way more with rain! :D

Rain seems not only to be random but also client-side, I have been running around in the rain recently while my friend right next to me saw nothing but sunny skies or a bit of cloud. Personally I can't wait to experience an in-game thunderstorm as it looks amazingly atmospheric in the videos I have seen, it reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I think the weather at the moment is set at server restart like loot. Not 100% certain but I have only noticed weather change when a server restarts. So I believe your only option is to change servers until you find a rainy one atm. The rain is client side but the weather conditions are set by the server. If you join a dark cloudy server eventually you will see rain.

Someone told me long ago There's a calm before the storm,

I know; It's been comin' for some time.
When it's over, so they say, It'll rain a sunny day,
I know; Shinin' down like water.

I want to know, Have you ever seen the rain?
I want to know, Have you ever seen the rain

Comin' down on a sunny day?

Edited by Ineedscoffee

I LOVE the rain it adds a really super eerie feel to the game.

I also want to see eventually snow and changing of the seasons to better represent certain types of camo outfits characters can wear.

Also things like storms that make waves a big big threat to coastal players, lightning that can strike and kill players, maybe tornado's but i doubt the region would allow for it, radioactivity where hazmat suits and gas mask are a must and so forth.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 2

I love the rain effects.  I have been seeing rain in Trainwreckers in the East coast area quite a lot lately.

The Rain in this game, during the day (yes eat me) I mean a cloudy day though + Silent Hill Sound track in the new upper Cherno cities = AMAZING

Rain + Thunder = Win! :-)

Shame it's client side and party members get rain at different times regardless of being stood next to me  :rolleyes:

This is funny because I have yet to find a server where I can even enjoy rain :< And  yes I have been avoiding all of those 24/7 daylight servers >:(

The thunder the other night in the game made me jump, I didn't realise it was in there and OMG it was loud

Everyone IRL hates rain but I love it... rain makes everything better

community_image_1392052840_zpse1dcef15.j

• Like 2

It showers, doesn't really rain constantly. If you have clouds turned off (like a lot of people do to improve night visibility) turn em on and you should be able to tell which servers are cloudy and likely to rain.

Also if you watch Evilviking13 he has a little cinematic about the storms and you can watch the clouds actually disperse, so they may accumulate dynamically too.