• Heat/Cold packs
    • Chemicals and elements
    • Dog tags or some form of identification
    • Sand Bags
    • Human "Doll"
    • Aerial survey
    • Zombie "Camo"

Overhead Camo
Possibility to setup overhead camo. Maybe use sticks, rope, grass and leaves to craft this.
Could be useful when aircrafts are added to the game, if you have a temporary outpost/base.
 F90A4B7B-155D-4519-3E8355F00A188CD2-larg

Improvised ghillie suit.
Almost like my suggestion above. Gather sticks and maybe add glue, so a custom ghillie suit can be crafted.
The camo effect should "deteriorate" after some time tho, so people will still want to find the real deal.

Make alcohol/Ethanol.
Several uses for this.
Being a drunk bandit.. Yaay.
Another more serious use would be to convert it to ethanol and use as a fuel replacement.
This however should damage vehicle parts faster than it usually would and require much more than using normal fuel.
Alcohol could in theory also be used to sterilize items such as syringes.

Natural meds.
Lets gather some berries, spices and herbs to make tea and topical remedies as replacement for meds.
Would also be nice if we could make tea or even coffee and use that to give a little extra heat at night.
A thermos could be added to contain hot drinks for longer times.
Would also be a really fun feature if beehives were added, so you had to gather honey directly from the hive.
This could result in stings, allergic reactions, which the above mentioned topical remedies could help relieve.

Insects.
I am not sure if this will work as insects are very small, but it could both benefit the player and be a bad thing.
I did mention bees in the suggestion above, so I guess these tho suggestions goes hand in hand.
Nasty as it is, insects is also a food source and we all know that desperate times call for desperate measures.
Could in theory also be used to create poison to add to melee weapons and maybe arrows if a bow is ever added.

Contaminated water source.
I dont know if your base code would make this hard to make, but imagine if a animals is killed in a pool of water.
As the animal lays and rots in the water, the water should be contaminated and would cause the player to get sick or even die if the water isnt treated before being consumed.

Heat/Cold packs.
Heat: I am not sure if this has already been discussed, but heat packs would be a nice feature later on.
The nights can get really cold, and if you dont have a nice hot cup of tea to get warm from a heat pack in gloves and boots could be a life saver!
These usually last 4-6 hours and really help a lot, so it would be a fun little thing to add.
Cold: Could be used to temporarily relieve strains or even broken bones. Maybe also help lower the players temp if it gets too high, or even conserve foods like fish and other fresh meats.

Chemicals and elements.
Could be gathered from both nature and factories to create a lot of different items if combined correctly, such as bombs, poision for foods(traps), clean dirty water(If boiling isnt good enough). etc.

Dog tags or some form of identification.
Would have to be crafted, as it wouldnt make sense that new players start with it.
But I would love to be able to collect a trophy of some sort from players I have defeated.

Sandbags.

Used to create small bases or even to fortify existing bases.

Get a bag, maybe the potato bag, go to the beach and fill it with sand.

Human "Doll"

I just got this idea when reading the Play Dead suggestion.

Imagine you could build parts of a human body like, head, arms, legs and torso to make other players think there is a dead body or even a sniper hiding somewhere.

This could be used as a "human lure" to trick other people to go see what it is and then take them out at a distance. Maybe even rig it with a remote controlled or proximity bomb.

Aerial survey

This is ofc for when aircrafts are added. But the idea is to have a camera either on a co-pilot or attached to the aircraft that can take pictures of an area and compare these images to existing images. Can be useful for spotting new bases or even spot hidden outposts.

Zombie "Camo"

Idea is from the series The Walking Dead. In one of the first episodes, they have to walk down a street and.. Actually. Just watch this:

http://youtu.be/YxYTfUSsXEA?t=2m45s (A bit graphic)

Just a few ideas I have had since I started playing. I might update this post if I get any other ideas I think are worth talking about.

Feel free to give feedback on these ideas, so we can debunk them or improve for the dev team.

Edited by SeverinDK
  • Like 1

I like all of these. Most have been suggested before and some are confirmed. 

Contaminated water will play a great role later on. It'd be great if it also worked like you said. 

You can check out my suggestions post here if you want too :P http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172874-more-imrovised-equipment-in-future/

• Like 1

I like all of these. Most have been suggested before and some are confirmed. 

Contaminated water will play a great role later on. It'd be great if it also worked like you said. 

You can check out my suggestions post here if you want too :P http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/172874-more-imrovised-equipment-in-future/

Cool ;-) I like your idea of collecting rain. Really good idea!

Most have been suggested already. Learn how to use the search function. All gillie suits are had made by the sniper. And some ideas are rediculas.

Most have been suggested already. Learn how to use the search function. All gillie suits are had made by the sniper. And some ideas are rediculas.

How about you learn to be more respectful towards others?

• Like 1

Lol the only sort of trophy you can collect is the player's battery. That's what I did when I was bandit. Now I am a complete hero

Overhead Camo

Possibility to setup overhead camo. Maybe use sticks, rope, grass and leaves to craft this.

Could be useful when aircrafts are added to the game, if you have a temporary outpost/base.

Improvised ghillie suit.

Almost like my suggestion above. Gather sticks and maybe add glue, so a custom ghillie suit can be crafted.

The camo effect should "deteriorate" after some time tho, so people will still want to find the real deal.

Make alcohol/Ethanol.

Several uses for this.

Being a drunk bandit.. Yaay.

Another more serious use would be to convert it to ethanol and use as a fuel replacement.

This however should damage vehicle parts faster than it usually would and require much more than using normal fuel.

Alcohol could in theory also be used to sterilize items such as syringes.

Natural meds.

Lets gather some berries, spices and herbs to make tea and topical remedies as replacement for meds.

Would also be nice if we could make tea or even coffee and use that to give a little extra heat at night.

A thermos could be added to contain hot drinks for longer times.

Would also be a really fun feature if beehives were added, so you had to gather honey directly from the hive.

This could result in stings, allergic reactions, which the above mentioned topical remedies could help relieve.

Insects.

I am not sure if this will work as insects are very small, but it could both benefit the player and be a bad thing.

I did mention bees in the suggestion above, so I guess these tho suggestions goes hand in hand.

Nasty as it is, insects is also a food source and we all know that desperate times call for desperate measures.

Could in theory also be used to create poison to add to melee weapons and maybe arrows if a bow is ever added.

Contaminated water source.

I dont know if your base code would make this hard to make, but imagine if a animals is killed in a pool of water.

As the animal lays and rots in the water, the water should be contaminated and would cause the player to get sick or even die if the water isnt treated before being consumed.

Heat/Cold packs.

Heat: I am not sure if this has already been discussed, but heat packs would be a nice feature later on.

The nights can get really cold, and if you dont have a nice hot cup of tea to get warm from a heat pack in gloves and boots could be a life saver!

These usually last 4-6 hours and really help a lot, so it would be a fun little thing to add.

Cold: Could be used to temporarily relieve strains or even broken bones. Maybe also help lower the players temp if it gets too high, or even conserve foods like fish and other fresh meats.

Chemicals and elements.

Could be gathered from both nature and factories to create a lot of different items if combined correctly, such as bombs, poision for foods(traps), clean dirty water(If boiling isnt good enough). etc.

Dog tags or some form of identification.

Would have to be crafted, as it wouldnt make sense that new players start with it.

But I would love to be able to collect a trophy of some sort from players I have defeated.

Sandbags.

Used to create small bases or even to fortify existing bases.

Get a bag, maybe the potato bag, go to the beach and fill it with sand.

Human "Doll"

I just got this idea when reading the Play Dead suggestion.

Imagine you could build parts of a human body like, head, arms, legs and torso to make other players think there is a dead body or even a sniper hiding somewhere.

This could be used as a "human lure" to trick other people to go see what it is and then take them out at a distance. Maybe even rig it with a remote controlled or proximity bomb.

Aerial survey

This is ofc for when aircrafts are added. But the idea is to have a camera either on a co-pilot or attached to the aircraft that can take pictures of an area and compare these images to existing images. Can be useful for spotting new bases or even spot hidden outposts.

Just a few ideas I have had since I started playing. I might update this post if I get any other ideas I think are worth talking about.

Feel free to give feedback on these ideas, so we can debunk them or improve for the dev team.

• Over head camo: Yes please. You could string it up between trees with rope maybe? Although I can't see it being used TOO much unless you have a large base and fear of aerial attack.
  • Improv Ghillie: I think they were planning that.
  • Alcohol: Tell you what, make it a water substitute as well? Certain kinds of alcohol would make you thirstier and they all should make you nauseous, but most kinds of alcohol you find could be a water substitute which you at least know is sterile, even if it gets you fucked up.
  • Insects: Beehives would be cool, but slow down on the natural meds, keep it basic man. Mushrooms and tubers and renderable grasses would be cool I suppose. The sort of hunger you get in DayZ wouldn't be able to be satiated with a worm, so there's not much point adding them, and flies and stuff would only be relevant as far as infection and decomposition, which happens anyway. Spiders might be relevant in old buildings
  • Contaminated water: Confirmed, hence boiling, water purification, etc
  • Heat/cold packs: Cold packs are too involved. We already have morphine and stuff for pain. Heat packs I can see happening, but they should only give minimal warmth and deteriorate with every rebreaking.
  • Chemicals: Breaking Bad/MacGyver-style explosions? Love it
  • Dog tags: Been discussed and it essentially ruins the player's ability to make up a backstory for their character by instantly giving them a military background. You know what would be grosser but better? SEVER YOUR VICTIMS' HEADS/HANDS/EARS and WEAR THEM ON YOU AS IMPROVISED CLOTHING ITEMS. You know you're fucked when a survivor bandit with 12 trophy heads or 69 trophy ears is coming at you.
  • Sandbags- Make it also fillable with dirt, so the only place you can't fill it is on rocky or concrete/carpet/wooden ground. Otherwise every single settlement will be coastal. Burlap sack spawns would also have to have a chance at spawning in stacks of up to 50, or else it might take a while to build anything at all.
  • Human Doll/Dummy: I was wondering where you were going with this until I read your post! Sounds cool.
  • Aerial Survey: Polaroids are confirmed. Let players work it out themselves, I don't think it will be too hard to spot settlements anyway.

"rediculas"

• Like 1

Several good ideas here. I love the thought of being able to create my own ghillie suit. Wish there was winter, but I hope that the devs add it. If you have any weapon suggesting ideas at all, please send them to me so I can add them to my list. Again, extremely good ideas man. I'll give you my beans when I get home today.

Several good ideas here. I love the thought of being able to create my own ghillie suit. Wish there was winter, but I hope that the devs add it. If you have any weapon suggesting ideas at all, please send them to me so I can add them to my list. Again, extremely good ideas man. I'll give you my beans when I get home today.

Cool. Will see if I can think of some weapon related suggestions and send them to you.

I just added another idea to my first post.