Sign in to follow this  
mattcorman

Server Hopping > Critical problems

Hi guys. New server hop system (when you logout from game you get ban to 5 mins looks like a pretty good.) But this system have big problems. Biggest problem (what i must to told) is when iam playing on server and server kicked me or disconected (Nothing interesting) but? Game give me a  ban to 5 mins. Why ffs? I today play on 1 server after 2 minutes i was kicked and was wainting 5 minutes to go back to server again. And again server kicked me without reason (For example servers without players or unoficial). This is very stressfully and i must told, this is call for fix. What you think? How i could play when i will get still bans in the game without my fails. Hm?

It's a small price to pay IMO...

• Like 2

Well....add servers where you can play (and have a good ping etc.) to your favorites. When you got like 10 there, you shouldn't have this problem anymore...

I know, waiting sucks, and I have been in your shoes already (Server restart followed by 3 crashes to desktop within 10 minutes. yay, 3 times full waiting time -.-), but it happens - the devs are constantly working on optimisation and maybe, sooner or later, this problem will be gone...

But if you got kicked by an admin of that server: This is forbidden by the rules and you should report that server...

• Like 1

I think you should be able to log in the same server you were without waiting, penalization should only occur if you are changing to a new server.

Edited by Wili

I wont tell you how to play, but first of all, try playing on a server with at least 10 people.  I didn't know servers closed if there weren't enough players, but if so, go to medium population servers.  Besides, the fun is much higher there.  And like Mos1ey said, it is a small price to pay.  I always try to play on a server with a pop of 10+, and I always stick to my location, whch are the MO servers. Whenever I choose a server, I feel like it is 2 minutes before I am alone in Charnarus and all major cities were absolutely raped for resources.  Now I have to wait occasionally for my character to spawn? No big deal.

Also realize, the majority of nights you shouldn't even encounter this problem since it isn't common to get kicked out of multiple servers in a row.

Its a small price to pay to fix a big problem and I have no doubt the system will be worked on further in the future - Maybe giving us more reconnects before adding the timer or re logging onto the same server not incurring the wrath of the timer.

basically put up with it for now, its alpha! :P

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't mind the 300 second ban a bit.

Got dropped from servers, changed it myself, got kicked... 300 Seconds to wait? Okay, cool, time to "use the bathroom", turn around and watch the TV or alt-tab out and plan the next route to go.

Seriously, I know it is a pain in the ass to get kicked from a server twice and have to wait... but then again: You wander around in this game for hours and hours and nothing happens till you get shot from nowhere and start all over and run around for hours and hours till you get shot from nowhere and start all over...

And you still are mad about wating 5 Minutes to join a server, even though this prevents other players from killing you with cheap tricks like ghosting?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to mock you, but you should think about it this way. :)

We have two problems here and none of them is the new penalization system. First, a server is kicking without a reason (or at least not that you know of) and that's forbidden in the terms of use. The other problem is you trying again and again to join a server that is kicking you. What I do is I have a couple of servers on my favorite list which I join religiously even when they are almost deserted just for the sake of running around a bit. I never randomly choose a new server because I've had my character wiped out several times now.

Nono when iam playing for example to US 102 server and server kick me without reason and next connect again to US 102. Problem still repeating. So i dont know how to ...

That was a for example. Iam from CZECH REPUBLIC AND i am playing in DE, FR, CZ, SVK servers ! So what i can to do ?

So, you're from Chernarus and you get kicked for no reason. That's unfair. Now, seriously, does it happen with every server?