Sign in to follow this  
commanderbash

bayonets,suppressors, cars, and cooking, what first?

stuff to add  

90 members have voted

1. 1. what do you want to see in the near future added to the alpha?

• working bayonets
    • supressors
    • transportation
    • cooking
    • other (explain in comments)

leaving item storage out of it, since saving items after restarts is a whole different ballgame of programming. there's a few things I'd like to at least see a start on in the upcoming patches. team rocket has made amazing strides in the content and dynamics added to the game. I'm really impressed and surprised with the pace the team has been going at. but there's a few dynamics that haven't been touched yet that I'd like to see  a start on. and some of them are very little projects to implement.

1. working bayonets- preferably with a key mapped toggle - if they're made effective enough against zombies they'll allow players to keep their main weapon in hand while still remaining stealthy in their advance

1. suppressors - currently there are sub sonic (pistol) and super sonic (rifle) rounds available, and suppressors for both. there's also a .22lr rifle on the horizon that, once suppressed, the action is louder then the bullets discharge (irl). I'd like suppressors working for the same reason, stealth. with the quieter rounds being realistically as quiet as an axe, if not quieter. while leaving the player armed in case a player lays down fire. there'd be a bit of fleshing out for the use of suppressor on supersonic rounds, but i'd like to at least see a start on this.

3. transportation - I'd like to see trucks and cars, dirt bikes and quads, but I'd settle for a bicycle or a pair of roller blades at this point. I honestly believe one of the chief reasons for server hopping at this point is the nuisance of travel.

4. cooking -  the mechanic is 99% there and even before hunting the most basic things should be makeable. like adding water and rice to a pot on an element, or even adding powered milk to a  canteen full of water. although I'm sure a balance needs to be found for the worth of cooking vs the current eat everything as is method. but again, a start needs to be made.

the can all be implemented, at least for their early stages, with very little work, and all add new and different dynamics to the game. if there's anything else, that can start out small, feel free to add comments on it.

discuss!

• Like 2

cooking definitely, cars can be scrapped together from Arma 3 and updated as we go. Working bayonets isn't as important as a core survival factor as cooking.

• Like 2

Bayonets need to work period. I would love to use it as a last resort melee when i run out of ammo if i have to. Its the whole reason they give you a bayonet for the mosin since its very bad to shoot at close range combat against players.

• Like 1

although I completely agree that cooking is absolutely vital as an implementation, as its balance can seriously effect the food/water dynamic of the game, its the only thing I see as an amenity were the rest have a greater current impact of your in game survival

Edited by commanderbash
  • Like 1

I've have always wanted a silenced long rifle in dayz and a better stealth system. A suppressed SKS, Mosin or future rifle would be nice. I know you would need SD rounds but if you used normal rounds it isn't as quiet as a SD round but the sound is a bit more muted. Another idea is being able to board up houses, like being able to lock doors and store objects in designated safes, draws and cabinets. I know you said not to mention this but i just had to get it out. To make it work you could almost make it part of your character, like it saves to your character but other people can access it when your online and offline. Its just i'm finding it hard to leave items behind and my inventory is full. It would nice if i could save something in a storage slot assigned to my character. Another suggestion (I know, I'm made of many) is for a better combat system, if you have a weapon like a M4, Mosin, axe or baseball bat etc. maybe there could be like a shove to stop a zombies attack and leave it off balance, making for an easier kill. Cause melee in this game is just line up walk and swing. Just putting ideas out there.

Instead of the bayonet i would prefer the rifle butt melee. Also i want overall lowering speed of running, walking in game and implementing soon the stamina. That give at least a little meaning for vehicles. And the first vehicles may be bicycles and mopeds. Like this "Riga 7"

2d93d6q.jpg

When they have vehicles they better have fuel problems. This way industry towns would be a key resource, well at least for citybattles.

I voted for cooking, but until there is a reason to do so it probably won't make it in.  I don't see why it would necessarily provide "extra" food (aka stomach contents) nor energy.  I could see it being needed to stave off the effects of the cold, or to make sure the contents were sanitized.  But right now you can't catch a cold, body temperature isn't tracked, and you can't get sick other than from eating rotten fruit.

I imagine all those things will be live eventually, and those are the things I'd like to see next.  Once you have to be careful of more than just getting shot by other players, this game will be a lot better IMO.

Cooking of course. Then cannibalism and we have a real reason to kill! The we also have a real reason for bayonets!

You know, canibalism as a last resort source of food is not a bad idea, with all the concequences of course (shaky hands, risk of disease).

Imagine the creative side of the thing, with cannibalism communities forming, it can add a lot to the atmosphere of the game

I voted cooking.. bring on the zombie ear soup ! (hydrates and fills u with warm wigglyness...)

:lol:

i don't know bout extra food, but more food per space would make sense, with top tier foods only being edible after cooking, i imagine rice will either not drain water, or just won't be edible without cooking.

and cannibalism can have serious side effects (irl), the body has alarms that sound when it starts digesting itself(or something very similar)

Edited by commanderbash

you should definetly add respawning of items and zombies to the list :D

i want respawning items and zombies !!!

I think, the most important thing could be "Loot Respawn"...

At the moment, if a server resets, everyone is running into the military zones and loots and kills everything he can see... if Loot would be respawn after a specified time of being taken, there would be more action on servers which didn't reset a few minutes ago.

My top 3 for near future is 1. throwing ability 2. infections 3. lot more zombies

Suppressors would be the easiest to add due to the fact that 45acp rounds are generally subsonic already

Other:

Higher server player population, zombie population & re-spawning.  

These are the core elements of the game.  If the game cannot be made to run well with much higher populations of players & zombies the game will be a failure. (to me, and what i want from it.)

Everything else is secondary. 

I voted OTHERS
because the game needs a basic feature that was in the mod called  STEALTH
with it you was able to  move silent , maybe crouched or  moving laying in the ground
and with it you was able to avoid zombies attention, it was difficult to do, and was needed patience to do it but
is a PRIMARY FEATURE OF THE GAME THAT ISNT YET ON IT.

I think bayonets would be good, but not a thing that should be focused on, they need to add the ability for suppressors to actually work and cooking is a must and is hopefully being worked on as we speak?

Cooking, Infection, water and food poisoning.. that is all.