Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

Remove the breathing fog

I like it.

It means I can put my fists up and run along the train tracks puffing out smoke shouting cho cho over direct chat.

• Like 1

Thanks. I think it's redicilious how easy it is for the breathing to go through a wall, and give away your position.

Don't breath on walls?

Russia is well known for its cold climate, and those houses have no heating. Of course you would see your breath.

Facepalm.png

Edited by Solopopo

I think it will play a big part once illness is implemented and keeping yourself warm is important so it's more than likely gonna be sticking around.

its going to be very interesting how being cold/wet/in the wind is going to change the gear people use, and how they act.

In addition to things like needing to purify water from streams and cook food :)

Thanks. I think it's redicilious how easy it is for the breathing to go through a wall, and give away your position.

As far as I know, it is currently a client side only effect.

its going to be very interesting how being cold/wet/in the wind is going to change the gear people use, and how they act.

In addition to things like needing to purify water from streams and cook food :)

Suddenly that three slot bubble goose starts to look more appealing. xD

• Like 3

Couple thing's

1 your average joe isn't smart enough nor calm enough to look for someones breath.

2 grew up in Alaska, you'd be surprised how quickly and easily a minor climate shift can cause your breath to appear visible.

It's already appealing baby ;)

gogMxwe.jpg

ApFwVTU.jpg

Ya but if i cant see over the hood, i hope they let me pull it up!

Ya but if i cant see over the hood, i hope they let me pull it up!

"Clipping. CLIPPING! We have enough problems with clipping as it is :) EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with hoodies i.r.l. So I'd love them as much as the next guy."

I would not expect anything with a hood any time soon. xD

"Clipping. CLIPPING! We have enough problems with clipping as it is :) EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm obsessed with hoodies i.r.l. So I'd love them as much as the next guy."

I would not expect anything with a hood any time soon. xD

They would probably work it like a helmet or something, though I know 'items' in DayZ are often specific entity's. Or the probably even easier way to do it would be to make it so that the inside doesn't render to for the wearer on the hood. It probably will happen, but in a way to avoid clipping ;)

Then just for fun we will need a bright orange one. The amount of cleche 'Killed Kenny" jokes may be to much though.

It also doesn't need to be winter in Eastern Europe for it to get so cold you can see your breath, whether the sun is beaming or not.

I get the impression you may be missing the point of what's being said.

Please enligthen me then. Remember I didn't say anything about "the sun beaming".

OP  must be from California or something and have no idea how shitty is to live in country like Chernorus in such geographical location.

If Charnorus is in Czech Rwpublix than it isn't that bad. Cold winters, hot summers.

I would like to see the breathing clouds disapper as soon as someone wears a respirator, gas mask or something similiar (wearing bandanas like a bandit's mask anyone?).

Summer day? By how a lot of the forests look like I think the action is taking place in the autumn. Although, if I remember right, a few patches ago the breath wasn't always visible, only very early or late in the day.

• Like 1

In Ireland you see your breath every month. Because every month is just winter repeated. The Republic of Chernarus is a cold country. It might seem sunny but that doesn't mean it's warm

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the current season in the game isn't winter, though. There's loads of green foilage, some brown as well, so perhaps late summer early autumn. There's insects flying around as well, something that wouldn't occur if the temperature was too low.

However, it's alpha and all that. Temperature doesn't seem to have been implemented correctly in any way, so that is probably something that will get fixed somewhere down the road.

Doesn't matter what the foliage looks like because it's static. The in-game date should be the same as the server date unless you tamper with it, you can also see that it gets dark pretty early. I don't know if they considered though, someone could set another date and see if you still have the breathing fog because if it is it's a buggy feature.

Is it -4 celcius inside a house? Outside on a summer day?

Its autumn mate. Trees don't turn pretty colours during the summer months. It can get pretty cold that far away from the equator during that time of year.

• Like 1